Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte

Author got Butthurt it didn't get an anime.
And totally trashed the ending as FU to the magazine. Save yourself some time and move on to something else.

Dex-chan lover
@Kookiezi For Shomin Sample's manga being axed? It was in the discussion threads for one of the final few chapters of the manga, I think.

I found the final chapter + epilogue summary from Reddit after googling it, I'm pretty sure.

Group Leader
Wait, what's the ending everyone's talking about? Can someone spoiler tag it for me?

Dex-chan lover
@KiTA
Hoshino comes out about her face to her stylish best friend, who then explodes in her face about how she didn't trust her enough to have to deceive her friends (despite being generally cool throughout the story). After all that was over, the MC tells Hoshino that she doesn't need him to do her makeup anymore since her friends has accepted her as she is. She tries to tell him that it doesn't mean they have to break up, but MC is a sad knucklehead and wouldn't listen. The entire gang realises that MC is still the same person he was at the start, and they basically abandon him after.

Baseball guy gets in a fight with the guy he loves and gets punched, gyaru childhood friend becomes a gyaru again. All in all, everything is as it was at the start, except now the MC has slightly more confidence and wants to make a new life and new frieds from what he's learned (never mind how he had a pretty cool life with a girlfriend and a group of friends who have all bared their souls to each other through the events of the story).

He bumps into Hoshino in the hallway, and they basically act like they never knew eachother.

And then the tankoubon epilogue chapter is after a timeskip, like 3 years later iirc. Baseball guy made up with his friend, the art girl becomes a mangaka and lives with the gyaru childhood friend (and I think it's implied that they're together). Hoshino is walking and she hears someone say "Hoshino, close your eyes" (it's the title, get it????). She turns around and there's MC with a bouquet of flowers. And the final panel is her hugging him.

Dex-chan lover
@ArchersParadox yeah I feel you, man. I'm thankful that I didn't have to go through thirty chapters for that, but at the same time I've already went through SEVENTY CHAPTERS of real good shit!

Like, some real tears were had, and THAT'S how the ending goes?! Truly disappointed.

Contributor
If you want to read a story about makeup, don't start this one, a better choice would be True Beauty.

You will probably enjoy it more.

finish translating this god damn manga already i just wanna keep on reading even if the ending is dogshit

Wish someone would pick this up. I'm sure there are others like me who don't care that the ending is bad and appreciate the journey.

Group Leader
i just hope that other group take this over, it's been 6 months since the latest release

Dex-chan lover
Egads... that ending is AWFUL.

It freaking reads like the one for Girls of the Wilds. Like literally the exact same story beats verbatim.

Users who are viewing this thread