Hoshino, Me o Tsubutte

Dex-chan lover
Shit MC. Also, thank you for the spoiler. That's a shit ending all right.

Id like to give this serie a go but man those comments are scaring me from doing so 😂can someone tell me why are people disappointed in the ending? From the comments I read
Doesnt the MC end with Hoshina the fmc?
, were the other love interest better characters than fmc?

Edit : my bad it was the epilogue ok not reading this clusterfu** 😆

Double-page supporter
@pikapingouin because the author ragequitted and it was a betrayal.

You see, this series was actually a very high quality teen drama for much of its run. It had interesting drama, delightful comedy, and youthful energy throughout. The characters are nuanced, flawed, interesting. For example, there is a gay character in the story, but unlike how most manga would have done it, he isn't defined by his sexuality or some sort of exaggerated femininity. Instead, this character is a very amazing person, open-minded, great at sports, and a true friend to the main character(and no, he isn't romantically interested in him). It has that kind of quality and cast.

The main character's development is in fact a high point. At the start of the story, he was a shell of a human being, traumatized by his own act of cowardice and determined to forever punish himself. Throughout the manga's many chapters, he slowly broke from his cynicism and self-hatred with the help of the heroine, confronting his past, making friends with some really awesome people, going through difficulties and setbacks and precious victories. We readers loved him more and more with each awkward, messy step he took to rebuild himself. Back in the Batoto days, I remember making a post comparing his growth with Sangatsu no Lion's Rei (and got a whole bunch of likes for it haha).

So how do you ragequit such a series and leave your readers grabbing pitchforks and molotov cocktails? A usual axed open ending wouldn't do. People forgive that. The author had to do something along the lines of a (much, much milder) version of what Usagi Drop's author did: attack and destroy the soul of the story. The soul of this story was the main character's growth and embrace of human connections...so...spoiler here (but you can guess):

Our main character, after dozens of chapters of development, suddenly relapsed hard for no good reason, cut all contacts with the friends and love interests he's made along the way, including the heroine, and basically left without explanation. The timeskip apparently brought him back to meet the heroine again, but by then the damage was done.

It was unforgiveable.

Double-page supporter
I dont understand why he even bother helping her with makeup at the beggining when she screaming at him etc. She haven’t done anything for him except being rude and he still helping her? Stuuupid thats not how it should work

Dex-chan lover
I thought everyone'd be mad that Kanou(the clear best girl) was not chosen, but I guess people are even more mad for other reasons

This is one of the best manga I've ever seen, a bit rushed I know but I can't see the author continuing this 8 vol. manga after that confession. 5/5

290.png

Dam I was like wtf even happened that made the rating what it is now but I just remembered what kinda shit this became and I'm 100% with all of you. I just wish we could skip past this volume. Tbh tho I'm already happy with the scanlation being continued so I can maybe someday see how this part time work arc bs ends

Don't bother reading this. The mangaka went nuts and destroyed the story and himself along with it when the manga didn't get a licensed for an anime.

Users who are viewing this thread