Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 20 Ch. 149 - Your voice is kinda shrieky, Senpai

Dex-chan lover
It could also be argued that he should've known how Nagatoro would feel about him sketching Machida nude. She was literally in the room when the bet was made. The Nude sketch was written on the calendar well in advance. It's not something you forget about unless you're either A) a forgetful idiot, B) don't give a shit or C) too emotionally immature to realize how not disclosing this information could hurt the person you care about, of which at least one would describe Senpai. He had ample time to tell her before it happened. He had ample time to disclose it to her after it was done. He had literally all the time in the world to communicate this to her and the only reason he fumbled and got flustered was because he ran the clock until it was too late and Nagatoro was the one who asked. Senpai fumbled this big time. None of this "Yeah I cheated on you but you looked at my phone without my permission so you're just as bad as me" logic
It was written on the calendar for the class, but Paisen had no idea that that day would be THE day that Machida would be doing it. Thus why he was so damn flustered and unable to answer until it was phones away and time to start. There is no indication that he knew that she would be doing it NOW, only that she would do it for him at some later point in time due to the bet, and there was no or little time lag between the class ending and the end of the chapter when they met up. I'm not nor have I ever said that he didn't fumble things, but Nagatoro was the one most in the wrong here because it was a direct invasion of his privacy and his things. There's no "Yeah I cheated on you but you looked at my phone without my permission so you're just as bad as me" logic involved, because he didn't cheat on her, just Paisen'd all over the place in a panic, as he always does, before he gathers his resolve and actually addresses things, again, as he always does.

Supporter
It was written on the calendar for the class, but Paisen had no idea that that day would be THE day that Machida would be doing it. Thus why he was so damn flustered and unable to answer until it was phones away and time to start. There is no indication that he knew that she would be doing it NOW, only that she would do it for him at some later point in time due to the bet, and there was no or little time lag between the class ending and the end of the chapter when they met up. I'm not nor have I ever said that he didn't fumble things, but Nagatoro was the one most in the wrong here because it was a direct invasion of his privacy and his things. There's no "Yeah I cheated on you but you looked at my phone without my permission so you're just as bad as me" logic involved, because he didn't cheat on her, just Paisen'd all over the place in a panic, as he always does, before he gathers his resolve and actually addresses things, again, as he always does.
There's no "most in the wrong" here. They both done screwed up. Naoto does need to step up and fess up ASAP because a) he caused the situation to spin unnecessarily out of control and b) he's the dude. More or less.

Dex-chan lover
Wrong, Naoto didn't need to tell something if he wasn't comfortable with it. He probably would've telled her in his own pace, but Nagatoro went over him and meddled in his stuff without asking. What he did wasn't morally wrong (drawing Machida), it was just a professional matter he didn't feel comfortable sharing yet. He's in the right. I hope Nagatoro learns to respect him and his space a little more after this.
He tried to hide it from her, that's the thing

Dex-chan lover
I just got out of life drawing. The models really do just dangle over your shoulder every break.

And yes, they... dangle...

Couple things
  1. Damn you guys need to chill one bump in the road and yall freak out lets at least let this play out
  2. Nanashi has always pulled through in the end and I have faith that'll this resolve and naoto and/or nagatoro will learn from this experience and make their relationship better for the long run

I've been reading manga for most of my life all the way back since love hina around 2004 when i was literally 7. Something thats been said before is that alot of mangakas are kinda just pent up japaense middle aged dudes/dudets who happen to be artists. Romance mangakas used to operate in the will they wont they curve when the only time the two main characters end up together they either end the series or they kill them off (clannad cough cough). I can go into detail about the killing off the love interest and the adjacent dead wife trope but thats for another day. You can argue that it was the low eq of viewers who only liked the long established dynamic of the will they wont they tropes explored in series before or you can blame it on most mangakas not knowing how to write a relationship thats as interesting as it was with all the preestablished tropes to work off of, this shojo subgenre has stood on the shoulders of giants for so long. But as viewership matured and content consumption increased they were finally forced to explore what happens passed the get together arc. A wave of the modern top shojo love mangas all were forced to explore this in what seemed like an arms race. Nisekoi folded and went the usual route, komi is in uncharted waters and has taken the full wholesome arc in stride and continues to break new ground, aharen san ultimately jumped the shark continued for a while but ended up ending soon after the relationship was established. Sukinokoga broke great ground and had a pretty good run but ultimately ended. Tomo chan folded. Nagatoro and uzaki senpai is going down this uncharted territory and im wholey excited how they handle it. Uzaki already has em doing the deed and i respect it. Yamada san is embracing the early puppy love wholesome territory and has found its own lane. 100 girlfriends seems to be a breaking of the genre in a great way. Dress up darling has the benefit of being both a romance manga and a deeper realistic genre of the cosplay and costume making world that has carved it into its own lane. Im excited for nagataro, starting the first post get together arc on a boundries arc is respectable and theyre pacing it well already.

Dex-chan lover
Brotha, you're LITERALLY a professional artist. Doing Nude sketches is LITERALLY in the criteria for your portfolio (Im a BFA Art Major btw)

It's not like he's sleeping with her, just using her as a composition piece. Not a big deal...

Dex-chan lover
she's the one who started that small fight she's saying earlier... not that she's at fault there

Dex-chan lover
774 doesn't even try to hide his interests anymore:

First with Prez, who at least had the excuse of being loony from the beginning.
Then he pulled a 180º with Shikki (changing her character from a serious-type character to the bombastic bagwoman who goes commando)
And now with Macchi.

Contributor
Dont get me wrong i demanded nipple as much as the next guy, but damn i prefer nipple-less way more than the fucking black box censor lol
I disagree because with black boxes we can at least presume something worth seeing is behind them (tho not always) and also I think such clear censoring looks less stupid, but my real issue is that the censoring isn't undone in the volumes. It could be pixelation or light or whatever, I wouldn't care, as long as it was undone in the volume. But it's not. All of the girls in this series are just permanently nippleless. It's absolutely ridiculous and stupid-looking.

Supporter
As much as I don't like nude art. He is an artist in art school. And he already done nude drawing.
So I don't really get the tention. Unless he was whipping his willy while drawing that other girl. Why is he feeling bad about it to the point where he made Nagataro feel awkward and bad for looking at the drawing?

• Dumb
Reactions: Tlo
Aggregator gang
As much as I don't like nude art. He is an artist in art school. And he already done nude drawing.
So I don't really get the tention. Unless he was whipping his willy while drawing that other girl. Why is he feeling bad about it to the point where he made Nagataro feel awkward and bad for looking at the drawing?
Because Nagatoro hasn't been shy about how wildly insecure she is. Literally any time girls interact with him outside of Nagatoro's friends mocking him makes her jealous. Girls compliment his work at school festival? Angry. When the club president, an experienced nude model offered to model for him? She freaked out despite it being purely professional.

He didn't want a nothing-burger argument that could easily be avoided, but she searched his belongings and it happened anyways. White lies can save a lot of hassle in a relationship, especially when it's around a partner's insecurity. Issue is if you get caught. Like if your girlfriend visibly gains weight and asks you if you noticed it, you downplay it or say 'no'

Users who are viewing this thread