I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 45 - Stalemate

Dex-chan lover
Prince Rod didnt show any regards towards Rae's feelings. Was mostly interested in her because of her talents and achievements exactly as he said

But you know the bit after that it was mostly political and he didnt want to medle between them two? None of that....

Not the first time its doing slightly different from the novel but way better..... making more sense of the story and using the characters better. To me the manga is trully improving the source material.
Judging from this description, is the LN very serious? Does it not have gags and funny bits?

Dex-chan lover
Just like the premise of the King appointing the noble daughters who aren't even independent adults, as the impartial investigators in the case involving their very own fathers as the most powerful and corrupt people of the country - the premise of them confronting the suspects without any proof is equally as baffling, if they knew the circumstantial evidence and testimonies weren't enough, what was the point? And that too while ending the previous chapter showing as if Claire has found some conclusive evidence or leads of some sorts.

Were they expecting the most cunning, evil and corrupt men of the country to become the caught emoji because a bunch of moe anime girls came to their house and said swiper no swiping?

Man, the LN is good on its own way but I think in my opinion readying the manga is much better because of more contents it has that was not in the original LN. But there are also some stuff (Like the part where Claire visits Rea's Home and... Stuff, no spoiler) that is not in the manga. So Im looking forward to what other changes they will do like the order of plots and added scenes.
WHAT I AM MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IS IF THEY WILL BE ADDING THE "DEEDS" RAE AND CLAIRE ARE HAVING IN THE THEIR NEW LIFE. in bed

Last edited by a moderator:
Group Leader
Judging from this description, is the LN very serious? Does it not have gags and funny bits?
It kidna is.l.. but I would argue that the manga is way better written. In the manga all the characters are being better portrayed and the descryption of some events are more satisfying. In the LN.... mmm... its like the author didnt use that well the world and characters around to tell the same story.

Dex-chan lover
Damn.. Claire lost so many points for me this chapter its insane 🥲..

Rei literally told her before she doesn't love men, like at all, like she literally can't, but here she the very person she loves goes and tells her to get married to some man she has absolutely no feelings for.

At this point she should really just step back and give Lily a fair chance, if she were to keep it up for longer she essentially denies her Rei's whole sexuallity with that 😐

Group Leader
Damn.. Claire lost so many points for me this chapter its insane 🥲..

Rei literally told her before she doesn't love men, like at all, like she literally can't, but here she the very person she loves goes and tells her to get married to some man she has absolutely no feelings for.

At this point she should really just step back and give Lily a fair chance, if she were to keep it up for longer she essentially denies her Rei's whole sexuallity with that 😐
u rly are not paying attention to Claire's dilemas XD ..

Dex-chan lover
u rly are not paying attention to Claire's dilemas XD ..
So you're saying that justified her trampling over Rei ? 😐

Sure, she herself is conflicted, but that doesn't mean she has to beat Rei down over it, does it now ?

Group Leader
So you're saying that justified her trampling over Rei ? 😐

Sure, she herself is conflicted, but that doesn't mean she has to beat Rei down over it, does it now ?
Doesnt justify, but she is just beind herself. She doesnt understand what is marriage to Rae, and to be fair she never explained. She was always straight forward about her love, but Rae should understand deeply that to Claire, love is meaningless when you talk about marriage. Marriage is about family and political ties and bloodlie cotninuation. Love was never part of the game... and if Rae RLY brags about knowing everything about Claire and the game, this should be second nature...

Dex-chan lover
It does but Rae's narrative voice is generally quiet calm to read and doesn't use much in the way of descriptions. Hell, until the manga came out i thought Dole to be a shorter more portly gentleman.
this actuallybecomes a plot point later.
In comparison, the manga is largely 3rd person perspective so there's a much larger focus on scene and animation. Just like how the anime placed a focus on VAs.

Dex-chan lover
Doesnt justify, but she is just beind herself. She doesnt understand what is marriage to Rae, and to be fair she never explained. She was always straight forward about her love, but Rae should understand deeply that to Claire, love is meaningless when you talk about marriage. Marriage is about family and political ties and bloodlie cotninuation. Love was never part of the game... and if Rae RLY brags about knowing everything about Claire and the game, this should be second nature...
What's funny is Rae does understand that and alludes to that understanding in the chapter. She knows Claire needs more time. Having your entire worldview changed takes time, and for most people never happens at all.

Claire is a teenager. This is all happening to Claire in the span of months. I don't think people step back and reflect on that enough. These are quick changes Claire is having to make but she's making them largely because of her feelings for Rae. That's the purest expression of her love.

Dex-chan lover
Poor everyone.

- Rae loves Claire but can't at any point put that first because her priority HAS to be avoiding the bad ending so even if it means the only reason Claire would come to "love" her right now is just dependance, she would still have to take advantage of that love would only be an illusion

- Claire sees ALL marriage as it being about someone else, and still has the mentality that nobility marriages especially are only about politics, and even though she hasn't thought about the second prince in forever she still can't sort out her feelings, and even if she did it isn't love, so the result is that she's being selfish by both pushing Rae away and wanting her for herself

- Lily will never win the bowl, but has to see the person she loves being taken away by someone who right now has zero intention of trying to make her happy while pushing her away, while at the same time being treated like a child by someone she loves who won't ever take her seriously even if it meant spending the rest of her life alone

Geez

Dex-chan lover
It's even worse since as Queen she's expected to produce heirs, she's essentially telling her to imprison herself, whore herself and become a breeding mare for the country.
They could always say Rei can't bear children and Rodd taking a concubine to produce heir.

Chill dude.

Group Leader
They could always say Rei can't bear children and Rodd taking a concubine to produce heir.

Chill dude.
that,.... actually sounds quite reasonable, especially on how the manga is right now, I could see this kind of maneuver honestly..... not on the first run of the WN tho.... the characters didnt seem to have this much depth XD...

Dex-chan lover
prince rod spaghetti'd so hard on the job offer that it ended up causing relationship drama lol

Users who are viewing this thread