I'm in Love with the Villainess - Ch. 45 - Stalemate

Dex-chan lover
cat rae
8zSJKtp.png

cat rae

Supporter
That was an awesome chapter and now we are moving right along. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Fine chapter but I feel like this one reads differently than it did in the LN, with some of the changes--especially around the marriage discussion. Now we're getting into things at least. They don't do breaks after the ends of volumes for this series right? I forgot.
yeah, the LN was much different, im glad someone noticed too

Dex-chan lover
Interesting to seemingly commit to adapting all the ln’s to manga, given that they could just as easily end the manga at the end of the second ln volume. Also the changes between this and the corresponding ln chapter are swag

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter, finally some Claire’s time :giggle:

In my opinion, I absolutely prefer the manga to the LN - the arts are pretty, the storyline is more cohesive.

The background stories are well done to make the transition between arcs and character development more natural.

The only part that I’m a bit confused is Claire’s statement on not knowing Rae at all after Rae said that she would not get married to anyone if Claire will marry someone.

Maybe it’s me not reading this chapter properly, could there be a translation typo that Claire said she doesn’t know herself at all?

I would love some master theorists come and enlighten some parts of this chapter.

Otherwise, I enjoy this manga a lot so far, and hope for the new development on Thane and see if Claire will be more honest with her feelings and become braver to drive changes to how two women can fall in love and get married.

omg on the novel this bit from Prince Roy was so cringe bit here felt so much better.... I need to know who is picking the novel and improving like this holy moly... is it the editor? Godammit all the time its improving on the source material
If you dont mind could you tell me how different the proposal was in the LN compared to here? No spoilers of course it’s just interesting hearing what’s different between the manga and the LN

Group Leader
If you dont mind could you tell me how different the proposal was in the LN compared to here? No spoilers of course it’s just interesting hearing what’s different between the manga and the LN
Prince Rod didnt show any regards towards Rae's feelings. Was mostly interested in her because of her talents and achievements exactly as he said

But you know the bit after that it was mostly political and he didnt want to medle between them two? None of that....

Not the first time its doing slightly different from the novel but way better..... making more sense of the story and using the characters better. To me the manga is trully improving the source material.

Dex-chan lover
You know she's gay. You know she's gay FOR YOU. So what is there not to understand when Rae doesn't want to marry someone else? A man at that who she feels zero attraction to.

Dex-chan lover
You know she's gay. You know she's gay FOR YOU. So what is there not to understand when Rae doesn't want to marry someone else? A man at that who she feels zero attraction to.
It's even worse since as Queen she's expected to produce heirs, she's essentially telling her to imprison herself, whore herself and become a breeding mare for the country.

b58

Dex-chan lover
Marriage for political reasons intended to deepen connections between noble families or whatever seems pretty standard, but when one of the families in question is of your wife's lesbian lover, now that's some 5D political sapphic chess. Can't tell if Rod is crazy or just that galaxy brained.

Dex-chan lover
How many more chapters do you think before Volume 2 of the LN is fully adapted?
They're splitting this ln chapter into more than one volume, so if they do the same to the last chapter then we're looking at 3 more volumes.
The only part that I’m a bit confused is Claire’s statement on not knowing Rae at all after Rae said that she would not get married to anyone if Claire will marry someone.

Maybe it’s me not reading this chapter properly, could there be a translation typo that Claire said she doesn’t know herself at all?

I would love some master theorists come and enlighten some parts of this chapter.

Otherwise, I enjoy this manga a lot so far, and hope for the new development on Thane and see if Claire will be more honest with her feelings and become braver to drive changes to how two women can fall in love and get married.
It flies in the face of her noble world view. Claire greatly loves and respects her family and what Rae was offered is more or less the highest honor someone could offer her. To not even consider it is practically the same as insulting the royal family.
In addition, Claire enjoys their relationship but has no serious belief in a married commitment. She's been indulging herself in this "more than friends, not quite lovers" situation. In the LN, rather than Rod, it's Claire that points out that marrying him would not disrupt their relationship and in fact believes they could be even closer as they'd be the same status then.

To give a more detailed explanation of this using supplemental material,
Pepi and Loretta have a similar issue in that Loretta has an arranged marriage with a guy but Loretta's a massive homo with a crush on Claire and Pepi's in love with Loretta and meanwhile Claire doesn't see ANY of this and is just wildly confused as to why Loretta hasn't been more enthused at it. Everyone sees it, except her. Her status and perspective blinding her to the world around her.
Marriage for political reasons intended to deepen connections between noble families or whatever seems pretty standard, but when one of the families in question is of your wife's lesbian lover, now that's some 5D political sapphic chess. Can't tell if Rod is crazy or just that galaxy brained.
Rod does genuinely love her but it's not till LN 5 that we actually see some insight into him as a person. He's still wrapped up in his superiority but he'll be getting a massive reality check soon.

Users who are viewing this thread