I'm in Love with the Villainess. - Vol. 7 Ch. 31 - Lily Lilium

Dex-chan lover
One thing to note in reading this is that this is a game world and a product of modern times that's an aesthetic recreation of high society than it is a faithful one. Granted there's some French revolution stuff going on but otherwise there's room to write in a more open minded society and progressive ideals overall. It is a fantasy, and there's gonna be more queer elements thrown into the mix as we progress down this story. Cause transgender arc here we go~
Agreed. You'd think this would be more obvious but some people are predictably dramatic and obtuse. It's funny that they're always obtuse and sensitive about the same issues and clear minded about others.

And...
yeah haha. Heads will explode and essays will be written when that happens. That'll be funny. We'll be badly lectured to about historical accuracy again.

vmp

Oh hey, a decent argument for what is basically "treat others with respect as fellow human beings, regardless of how weird you think they are".

Similar to real life, though in our case is a bit of the opposite problem. They are flaunting their "different" status with all the pride flags and different names and all that. If what they want is to simply be accepted, then what they are doing is counterintuitive imo.

To be accepted as normal means you are treated no more, no less special than others around you. So... Yeah. Very counterintuitive I say. At this rate it's going to be quite a long time until the alphabet people (forgot the name) to be truly accepted as a normal part of society.
You have a very privileged viewpoint of sexuality lol

Group Leader
i am very impressed by the author's extremely forthright stance on this. very rare to see a """political""" topic brought up like this in a way that, yknow, doesn't either devolve into twitter madness, or says-it-without-saying-it

Dex-chan lover
French Revolution arc lets gooo. Also really looking forward to the next arc I really want to see the reaction of homophobes next arc lol iykyk
For real yeah, if they lost their shit at the girls talking back against religious homophobia, I can only imagine how much they will lose their minds at the later arcs which go far more in depth about their world's extreme homophobia.

Dex-chan lover
It'll take forever but I can't wait to get to that. I wonder if the anime will ever get there? The adaptation honestly looks a bit too bright and whimsical, the style makes me wonder if they intend to treat the more serious parts of the series well.
Don't think the anime or even the manga is going to reach that, after the revolution was considered a second part of the novel at first

Dex-chan lover
Don't think the anime or even the manga is going to reach that, after the revolution was considered a second part of the novel at first
Edit: wait I think I might have misunderstood your comment. Let me know if I did and we're actually agreeing with each other.

Original Comment
: Where did you hear that? Books 1 and 2 were the first full arc, which includes those events. Having said that, the anime might end earlier because of episode constraints and whether they get subsequent seasons. The manga is already getting into it. There's no reasonable stopping point until the end of book 2. What's about to be introduced only resolves by that point.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
French Revolution arc lets gooo. Also really looking forward to the next arc I really want to see the reaction of homophobes next arc lol iykyk
Spoilers please if you can. I'm also curious why homophobes would be reading this in this in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
for the fun fact, the french revolution were a lot more complicated, the famous "poors going against the rich" is just another propaganda bs

Dex-chan lover
What made the light novel so broken from this point onward was the presumption that technocracy — and in particular very, very Japanese-style technocracy — was the appropriate response to poverty.

Dex-chan lover
I do so love this part, especially in the novel. I do love how she does counter that logic, the nun sees some of it, but admits it isn't likely to change her fully, but be more sympathetic. I especially love Rei's inner thoughts about homosexuality and behaviors and such in the novels. Hope the manga does it well later.

Double-page supporter
Unfortunately, I know that too well. I love cheese and sometimes I eat that, small pieces so I'll be fine. But yeah, I always feel really bad after drinking milk, so I stopped 3 years ago.
Cheese and yogurt are definitely the least problematic because some of the milk sugars have been broken down. I think different people have different tolerance levels, and if it's like, a small amount of dairy sometimes I can get away with it without issues as well.

Contributor
One thing to note in reading this is that this is a game world and a product of modern times that's an aesthetic recreation of high society than it is a faithful one. Granted there's some French revolution stuff going on but otherwise there's room to write in a more open minded society and progressive ideals overall. It is a fantasy, and there's gonna be more queer elements thrown into the mix as we progress down this story. Cause transgender arc here we go~
Hype (hoping for some good representation since god knows wugom isn’t), but also I might have to hide from the comment sections for a few chapters :notlikethis:

Users who are viewing this thread