Isekai Craft Gurashi: Jiyuu Kimama na Seisan Shoku no Honobono Slow Life - Vol. 5 Ch. 23

Dex-chan lover
This chapter felt kinda like a waste. Nothing about "she smiles around miyabi" means she is unhappy around them, nor that she won't smile with them (he even realized she is happy among them too). But more importantly, nothing about hanging around them prevents her from also hanging around her latest crush. All they have to do is extend the invitation towards him, too.

Besides, whether someone smiles or not is a bad indicator as when someone is focusing on their work they will have a "gameface", which will look rather pissed off by default. That she was around miyabi whenever she had a break and thus engaged in making merry with her latest crush, will obviously be correlated to smiling. While when talking with him she was usually in work-mode (or assuming he addressed her for work), so obviously she was going to be serious. He should have been looking at her face when they made camp and were just talking, instead.
Or, yknow, just ask her outright. She is an adult, giving her the option to join their party is fine, she will be able to make her own choices. Particularly if you make it clear she should try to maximize her joy and merry.

TEU

Dex-chan lover
meme-this-is-cinema-martin-scorsese.jpg

Dex-chan lover
This chapter felt kinda like a waste.
The "smile" isn't the actual issue. It's that Red Cliff hasn't realized Liz has grown up. The "smile" is also a metaphor for Liz's youth. "She no longer smiles around them" is basically saying "she has grown up", leading to Red Cliff having to figure out how to treat her.

This chapter is actually a Liz chapter, and Red Cliff is also a stand-in for us. Basically, we the readers are also expected to treat Liz differently because she is growing up. As much as we like the shenanigans, Liz isn't a supporting character/accessory for Miyabi but has her own role to play.

Or something like that, idk. Honestly I did want more Miyabi shenanigans.

Dex-chan lover
This manga was one of my "read it when I have nothing else" mangas for a while now, but I'm coming to realize just how good it's character writing and design can be. Genuinely, this manga has it's moments, and they're some damn great ones too

Dex-chan lover
Stops smiling the moment she starts speaking with him. Gotta hurt.

It's not so much the cold that saps your strength as the snow. Walking on loose ground is just so much harder.

Trust in Miyabi.

You don't have to be a protagonist to go through character development. Even mentors do that.

While when talking with him she was usually in work-mode (or assuming he addressed her for work), so obviously she was going to be serious.
But that's the thing. He was work for her, not a friend or someone to relax around. It wasn't about incidental situations. It was something consistent.

Dex-chan lover
It's odd... but I felt their emotions. I felt the sadness and tears from Red Cliff.
I don't know if its the melancholy of losing people or realizing that sometimes people grow up in front of you and have changed from your perception of them but you didn't realize until now.

Users who are viewing this thread