Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The World Book and Holy Knight

Double-page supporter
This is fucking bullshit right from the start, how could a shut-in who plays 24/7 non-stop in every single kind of difficulty not recognise a goblin patrol, like, c'mon, everyfuckingone knows what a crappy goblin is, what are you telling me with "are they good despite how they look?". Also, 17 int but he's a moron, going reading a book in the middle of an unknown forest, of an unknown world, that has monsters and magic... It could have been pulled of incredibly better, my bad for getting my hopes up with the DND-based system and the hikikomori that should have had all that knowledge :/

@Rukja No, as someone else below also said before, by D&D5e standards, which is what the manga seems to be using, base AC (A.K.A., no armour on), is calculated as AC = 10 + Dexterity Modifier.
The modifier goes 1 point up or down for each 2 points of the stat you have above or below 10, which is the average number. At 10 points, your modifier is "0" . If you have for example 12 Dexterity, your modifier will be a +1, but if you have 8, it will be a -1. With this, as the MC has 13 DEX, he has a DEX Mod of + 1, and her sister having 11 DEX, means she has a DEX Mod of 0, by the simple formula above, MC AC = 10 + 1(DEX Mod) = 11, and sister AC = 10 + 0 (DEX Mod), the same as "+0", which is what is in the manga.

Following this ruling, the starting HP the MC has is wrong as well, a wizard has a base HP of 6 + Constitution Modifier, which means it should be, as he has a Constitution of 5, HP = 6 - 3 = 3, not 1.

The fact that the World Book is accessible to other entities is a tremendous weak point for the MC. This opens possibilities where he would lose access to the book, either by being stolen by some thugs, dropped it down a cliff or whatnot just for the sake of the story...

Dex-chan lover
in dnd charisma can have its use, i think the sourcerer use it for its spells? a cleric should be using wisdome? but not sure anymore
in the old dnd versions some sozial skills also used charisma ^^
It really depends on which version of the game we're talking about, but I'm most familiar with 3.5 myself. Charisma is generally used by several types of spellcasters either as their primary stat or as a secondary one. Sorcerer and Warlock would use it for a primary stat, but classes like Cleric and Paladin do use it for some things, like turn undead, for instance.

If you're doing the kind of stats where you can allot them of your own will using points, 16 wisdom and 12 or 14 charisma are pretty solid choices for the Cleric and Paladin to start with, depending on what you wanna put into stuff like strength, dexterity, and constitution (I think they used "endurance" here). Racial bonuses to push the wisdom to either 18 or 20 if possible would be better for a more spellcasting oriented build, but probably not really necessary if you wanna do any melee or ranged weapon stuff too. Back to the Sorcerer and Warlock for a minute, it's kind of similar. You want at least a 16 for the charisma, with around 18 or 20 being better. Stats to consider having something like 10-14 in would be dexterity, constitution, and strength, depending on build. Probably not using wisdom unless you're doing something a little weirder, but you might need it for some builds. Intelligence is generally somewhat useful to anyone, if they might need a lot of skill points.

But a lot of that could be pretty moot with how loosely based on D&D this is, if that was even the intent. There are other d20 systems that would look similar but have notable differences to the stuff from all of D&D, let alone specific versions of those rules like 3.5, 4, or 5.

Dosen't this guy always plays games ? Why wouldn't he know what a goblin is.

Double-page supporter
Self professed, hardcore RPG otaku:

CecZ33e.png

@wiseeu
He can't even handle a character sheet, what do you expect?

Fed-Kun's army
So this World Book is like a Grade 0 Sealed Artefact from the Espectator Pathway but without side effects

so has the author never played dnd?? some of the stat modifiers arent even correcr and hiw the hell do u hve an AC of 0. literally not possible. also fall damage is wrong. also he wouldve been deadwith 1 hp from te goblins and faling earlier also how the hell does e have 1 hp, nt possible. alsowhy am i correcting idiot authors. also gloves typing is hrd

Yup. Kraxy story telling all rite.
Goblins = A bunch of grade or middle school delinquents. 😁

You do realize that just because this manga is based on d&d doesn't mean it literally has to be d&d right? The author probably just decided that certain mechanics didn't really work with the writing that they wanted to do.

I believe the AC +0 mean there is no bonus to AC. AC 10 is base anyway.
Falling from the sky is rather dubious if we count it to deal damage. Because if so everything without flying speed will instant die. Or maybe the book has some other effects.

And talking about why the the attack from the goblin doesn't kill MC ? Because it is Shovel not Attack, duh. MC prone now

Was reading this in Japanese, but the text on the digital reader was too small to comfortably read the character sheet, so when looking here out of laziness and comparing them I noticed the skill list was translated incorrectly. This is partially due to the Japanese and English order of skills being different (like Japanese starts with Intimidation as its first), but it looks like the translator assumed it was the same order.

The sister has +5 in Medicine, +5 in Survival, +5 Animal Handing, +3 Arcana, +3 History.
Brother has +4 Stealth, +3 Persuasion, +4 Insight, +6 Arcana, +6 History.

Users who are viewing this thread