Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The World Book and Holy Knight (cont.)

orp

"Kill the horse too!"
And so, they angered the only creature actually capable of doing damage to them, lol.

@Nep

Your memory is tricking you. It is true that there are some attacks (Dragon's Breath, Fireball, many magical traps) which force a reflex save and deal half damage even on a success, but those are magical attacks, falling on the ground or other mundane occurrances do not deal actual damage in many cases. Also, hit points are an abstraction, they do not represent anything physical but are more of a measure of how much damage you can avoid. In a practical sense, even the smaller would can kill, hitpoints are a measure of how much the character can avoid that single fatal wound.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Diodiablo

What about failing *climb this something* checks. Usually we fall and take 'some' damage. Or get an "injury" in the case of Pillars 2.

Pretty sure that is about the same thing as getting face slammed into the ground.

Also pretty sure getting faceslammed isn't mundane occurance 😆

Dex-chan lover
@RandomDoge seems like 5E D&D so she could be a dex paladin. low str but that just means they are more suited to finesse weapons and shields. pretty solid tanks actually.

@Nep it might not have been an actual attack due to the fact that no information came up about damage or to hit bonuses. It's more likely that it was the goblin performing a shove or trip action to knock him prone which wouldn't actually cause him any damage. That kind of thing is usually either a dex save or an opposed athletics vs acrobatic/athletics roll. him being knocked prone likely indicates he failed either of them.

@Belteshazzar if this world follows 5e D&D rules yes you can wear armor without the sufficient amount of strength that it needs but doing so applies a penalty to your movement per round. We don't actually know what most of her other stats are but i think her sweating and barely being able to move was representative of that.

Dex-chan lover
Saved by horse... that's new.....

rosy looks tsundere tho

Dex-chan lover
yo this horse it the frederick in this story lmfao

this great knight will curry

Dex-chan lover
That's not terribly far off from some stuff I've heard about starting with certain horses, like I think sometimes paladins and such will have the ability to summon something like a warhorse early on. Large animals are generally quite OP at low level. They tend to have a good amount of health and strength, so they can certainly beat you to death before you can do anything to them if you don't have enough levels yet, and don't have like ridiculous starting equipment or something.

My verdict for this Chapter: Eureka!

I'm starting to think that it's all that goddess DM's fault of making a mess out of her "world", including the rolled characters she made. Kinda reminded me of my first time playing D&D. I begged to be the DM and got the role. It was pretty fun playing with friends. 👍

@UncleRad
Hey, i dont play dnd, so can you please help explain to me?

Is mc's base ac of 11 is high? (Morover, if compare his sister's base ac of 0, and compare to fl ac of 19 after she equiped her armors)
And, if goblin's attack is 1d4-1, does that mean they cant inflict damage to mc & fl?
Thanks

@djava: AC 11 is rather low. Base AC is 10 so yeah, his AC and his sister's are minimal, tbh 5% difference. To succeed hitting someone, you need to roll a 20-sided dice , add your personal bonus ( depend on class + other things. For a lvl 1 character , bonus is normally +5 +6) and compare to target AC. So if bonus of attacker is +5, you have to roll 6 or above to hit MC ( so 75%). A normal Dnd character in lvl 1 is expected to have AC 12-13 for spell caster, AC 15 - 16 for fighter or hunter, AC 17-19 for tank.

Goblin attack is 1d4-1 means you rolls a 4-face dice to determine the damage and reduced by 1. So goblin rolls 4-sided dice, it get 1. -1 so it hit the attack but doesn't deal any damage. But if the goblin rolls 4, it will deal 3 damage

Users who are viewing this thread