Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku-

"You're Jewish, you say? Why not convert to Islam for a little bit so you don't have to pay the caliphate's tax? You can just switch back later, right? Come on, you're just doing it for a temporary bonus! Your God will understand!"

Maybe the MC is aiming for an Apostate prestige class of Wizard?

Broke: i don't like this manga cause it's kinda boring

Woke: I don't like this manga cause the MC is the worst kind of metagamer

It's like a shitter soymale version of Overlord except it's completely devoid of creative liberties taken to at least mask the nature of the setting, because the author doesn't know he could've used 3rd edition and all of its's free shit and open gaming liscencse stuff to activily develop a distinct setting relatively unknown to an open audience. I mean I've read a few manga where monsters are straight outta sam wood and todd lockwood's artbooks some even traced, but mother of fuck, at least they tried to pretend they were something else- WoTC will just can this at this rate- but the real shitcream on top has gotta be the fact that they're using the flimsy morality 5e grey morals shit and not gygaxxian paladin justice like the cattle-bred civillian minded natto-males of the scum-sucking 'promoted by paid whore streamers' 5eyoutubelore era use- discarding the importance and notion of alignment actually having a bearing as a cosmic influential force.

Also- a D&D goddess losing an artefact? Haha, not on your crystal sphere- also, leveling limited to deities? Open-public Tieflings? Feck off with that Critical Role Garbage. Worst part has got to be the fact that every panel is another spell statblock showcase that dosn't read into applicability- or the fact that they actually decided to insult people by not even understanding how the vancian magic system even works in a generalizedD&D setting- protip- it's not on sleep that shit regens- it's tied to the circle of the moon, and the fact that spells are just memorized rituals and the outcome is just finishing the ritual to achive an effect- way to lose valuable exposition and intrigue- as well as leave massive holes where good storytelling could be- also

>Munchkin
>Hasn't immediately abused pazuzu
>Hasn't memorized a canonical truename from campaign setting novels
>Dosn't know the hydra /instant army/infinite food/dragonbait rtrick
>Never read a Dragon magazine in his life
Absolutely disgusting.
>Also
>Is a 5enigger and hasn't accounted for the error in black dragraon functionality when submerged in water, or didn't give them an (ex) deathroll ability if they grapple with a succesful bite attack

I hate 5e so goddanmed much.

On the plus side- horray- D&D non-jap dogbolds- but only for reasons of tracing- and not actual kobolds like the ones you can read about in the draconomicon, Polyhedron, with the secret super tribe caves, similar behaviour to overlords lizardmen, tucker's kobolds, Kruthmultak- that other Kobold Demigod who deals with their now forgotten flying cousins. Sod it- any medium that pulls a Ys on you and has monsters to serve a role and not actually having prescence and context on the world is always bad storytelling- lest it's an army based on the principle of the enemy assuming forms of creatures and extensions of a greater power with sembalance of will and not cookie cutter personality.

The Black dragon serving an evil god? Right outta Dragonlance/Cult of the dragon Sammaster bullshit from FR- fucking hate what it's all become- one big fat scalie convention with oversaturated lore to the point where a Red Dragon can be a quasi-deity, vampire, demon, archdragon, and a fuckload more all at once.

In short- unoriginal- plz send japan a translated care package of Dragon Magazine, Dungeon Magazine, Polyhedron, and Greyhawk, Dragonlance, and FR novels so they can unfuck the rift they made when we taught them 1st edition as a joke and they made lodoss and slayers which ruined everything for everyone ever, then finalized the failure by making final fantasy 1- a glorified game system showcase that has no set identity, except for glorious FFT which somehow went full circle.

Dex-chan lover
really cool to see an isekai based heavily on DnD/table tops, makes the numbers they're always wanting to put up matter more (is 5 average? is 10 a lot? is 4000 small? are we in a universe where 147 quadrillion isn't an unrealistic strength stat?), even if it does rely on it a bit much sometimes

I love that it's based on D&D, using actual spells and the like from it even. Plus with the spiked chain and tripping you get the feeling they did some research (that's a very popular minmaxing build).

However I also feel like they don't really understand how alignment works and it bugs me. I'd go into detail but I hate arguing about alignments as it is.

The overall story though... it's kinda... I get the feeling it's just kinda depressing, to the point it's hard to care about what's going on. I want to like it because I love D&D but haven't been able to play for over a year, it scratches an itch but it's not very engaging.

Also a lot of the comments on here make me feel like people only know what D&D is from memes.

Dex-chan lover
this is better than i expected

i have read worse isekai DnD kind of stories and this manga is far better

Hope someone else will pick this up. Thanks for taking your time to translate the manga. Been a good ride!

Dex-chan lover
I wonder, if he only has one hp, what happens if he gets a paper cut? Or receive any sort of "damage" like tripping and hurting his knee or whatever else...
Was it ever explained before how HP works in this world? Is it just related to combat or to everyday life?

Users who are viewing this thread