Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku-

@Sekiryuutei134 I agree, you should continue doing it. The translation quality isn't bad at all, and having someone with insight into DnD will probably help contextualize a lot of the dialogue that might be lost on others. In regards to explaining mechanics, I would just leave a link to the 5e compendium or something. This clearly runs by a few rules that don't exist in normal DnD, so it's hard to even explain to someone. After all, you could tell them a rule, and the next chapter immediately breaks that rule for the sake of a story point.

Basicly a d*ck mc that abuse the "friend" inocence for his own sake, just to search his sister

Meh, it’s just the usual trash isekai. No need to care too much about the translation. Dnd nerds are insufferable.

Fed-Kun's army
The book is literally a D&D 5e character sheet from the wizards of the coast website.

Speed of character building is terrible, it feels like author tries to cramp all of "life lessons" in as few chapters and little timeline as possible to the point of making it look ridiculous.

I like it.
Also, if I were him my answer to the elf would be simple: "The village paid me to subjugate the wolves. I did that. Now I'll help you."

Fed-Kun's army
If he takes another level of wizard he can take abjuration as his specialization and get a protection ward that lets him automatically deflect damage.

yet another who dont know how elfears looks like...
but im a bit interested in this serie, so i will endure.

Fed-Kun's army
oh no, they broke into the village's public elf raping basement.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Fed-Kun's army
Judging by the spell in the first chapter I think it's actually D&D 3.5, not 5E

That spell was the 3.5 version of cloudkill, 5E's version lacks the automatic killing of low hit dice creatures and just deals damage

If this IS 3.5 it means that
the protagonist and his sister are playing the two most overpowered classes in the game, Wizard and Cleric, meaning they're actually pretty well off

After the first chapter, it feels like a Shoujo Isekai. Maybe that's just the art though.

its better to w8 till 6~9 more chap are released. just went through the raw (upto 18 ch)
elf village was razed by dragon. remaining elf ran away to this said human village. some black cloaked guys arrived. villegers betreyed and elfs were captured by those black cloaked guys. (its always better not to trust humans. humans are filled with greed aftrall). elder sister takes the full burnt of the black dragon. villagers knelt and prayed something b4 the dragon. human village was also burning. idk what happened to captured elves. This is just my rant---- I just wonder why there has to be slavery in every isekai? isnt it time for us move away from barbaric ideologies? idea of slavery just doesn't sit good with me D:

Double-page supporter
wow it has 30 raws already, I take a look at it, better to wait for another 10 ch. to be released, its really slow
Also
I only see the drawing (can't read japanese) but it looks like he could edit stats in the book, I don't know why he hasn't edited his yet

I don't know if I like this, on the one hand they seem to understand D&D isn't just a rigidly defined rulebook that you must never stray from(I'm lookin at you Goblin Slayer), but on the other hand the twists here seem kinda predictable in a bad way so far.
The paladin looked evil from the start and it was obvious he was hiding something, and the villager's hiding something in the shed was not subtle at all, it would have been better if it was a smokehouse or something and they were really intent on guarding it to let the audience put things together themselves. Basically the author has already used subversion twice neither of which really worked all that well, and I'm worried they're going to fall back on it again or turn this into an "everybody is evil" sorta story.
Overall I would say this: while adhering closely to D&D stuff to the point of being game-y, knows how to use D&D a lot better than a lot of off brand D&D settings I've seen, it's just that they need to work on hiding the nuts and bolts better so they're telling a story with D&D rules in the background and not a halfway point to literally having people sit around a table rolling dice.

Users who are viewing this thread