Kanojo, Okarishimasu - Ch. 266 - The Girlfriend and the Birthday II (Part 3)

Can anyone explain to me what this chapter adds to the plot?
Out of all the BS chapters that we just been thru with him fretting over every miniscule thing about living with Chizuru, THIS is the chapter you have a problem with?
🤣
I like Harem Hijinks.
The endless chapters of MC overthinking and fretting and being shocked to see someone he lives with is the problem.

Out of all the BS chapters that we just been thru with him fretting over every miniscule thing about living with Chizuru, THIS is the chapter you have a problem with?
🤣
I like Harem Hijinks.
The endless chapters of MC overthinking and fretting and being shocked to see someone he lives with is the problem.
for a very long time there have been no comments on mangadex

for a very long time there have been no comments on mangadex
Lino how you been Mayne?
I missed the talks we all had on the forums here.
Its just NOT the same over on Reddit with Dorks infesting that sub.

My old profile was Bestgirl_Ruka...
For some reason I cant log out of this one.
Mangadex is glitchy and still has work to do.

I'm just here for the comments lol.

If you're expecting material development in this series, you're about 200 or so chapters too early.

This is Milking, plain and simple. This is almost as intolerable as Queen Bee/Landlord's Little Daughter - at least that series pulls no punches about what it is. This one is a graduate school level study in lack of self-esteem.
I used to joke that this manga would not end until #200!
:coffee::unsure:
Little did I know Reiji was aiming for #2000

Last edited:
I wholeheartedly agree with you. You could really feel the push-pull from the author.

The last time I really read this manga was around the crowdfunding & film thing. You could really sense that "something" was about to materialize in the near future then.

But, now (after catching up), I could certainly feel that the author chose to backpedal. It's understandable though.

He simply went too far, especially with Chizuru. A resolution was just around the corner and yet he still needed more chapters (it's his source of income after all).

It's not that the author is using an unacceptable device: distance (not physical) & the doubt/anxiety that comes with it (or, like you said, the panic attacks LOL).

You could sense that the author is trying to make us think, "Perhaps, Chizuru is simply being grateful of Kazuya's kindness. She doesn't think of him in a romantic way.". But, at the same time, he also wants us to think, "Perhaps Chizuru just doesn't fully understand her feelings. She needs time to arrange her thoughts.".

It's totally acceptable for him to do so.

My only beef with the current state of affairs is how Chizuru's currently way beyond Kazuya's level. It feels way off balance.

In the last few chapters, Kazuya is the same as ever (or arguably, he's grown backwards) but we currently have way too many of Chizuru's awesome displays of maturity. Unlike 100 or 200 chapters ago.

Of course, it's undeniable that Kazuya gave things that Chizuru actually needed. But, with the current imbalance of character, the relationship simply feels like the great lady and her handyman. (Yes, I intentionally choose the word "handyman")

However, what truly fascinates me is the fact that this manga has plenty of hardcore fans. Just take a look at this comments (discussion) section.
I feel like Reiji is already rich.
:coffee::unsure:
I hate to count a man's pockets but the MF owns a seperate home he uses JUST for working away from his wife and kids.
In Tokyo.
The same Tokyo Peasants like me have Circus tiny Apartments costing more than my Mortgage.

Lino how you been Mayne?
I missed the talks we all had on the forums here.
Its just NOT the same over on Reddit with Dorks infesting that sub.

My old profile was Bestgirl_Ruka...
For some reason I cant log out of this one.
Mangadex is glitchy and still has work to do.
on the other hand, when I entered, I received notifications of our conversations from a few years ago. XD
however I needed this account also because I work on a manga that I'm translating into Italian. it would have been a problem to have to switch accounts.
otherwise yes, mangadex still has a lot of work to do.
I'm fine, how are you?

Group Leader
However, what truly fascinates me is the fact that this manga has plenty of hardcore fans. Just take a look at this comments (discussion) section.
I was quite surprised by this too. I use another website and the comments are pretty much bashing the manga for fun. But outside of that website and YouTube comments, you'd never guess that was the case.

Meanwhile, the ratings for the manga continue to drop yet the anime is approved for more and more seasons...

Not sure where they heard this from, but somebody explained to me the hardcore fans don't like the story or MC and they are only their to appreciate the heroines. Don't know how to that is, but the little dance from the start of Season 1 OP became viral so it could be...

Fed-Kun's army
If you all have already read "Kanojo, hitomishirimasu!" you know that all kinds of thoughts were passing by Sumi's mind during this entire chapter. Even Kaz is a better character on Sumi's spin-off because the author focus on Sumi's POV and not on Kaz thoughts. I hope the spin-off comes back and more parts of the main series are adapted for us to see it by Sumi's POV like the first training date with Kazuya!

Dex-chan lover
The biggest problem is that this guy isn't growing. He is the same cowardly moron who, for some reason, girls seem to crowd around. And when they are actually talking to him, all he does is leer at their butts, legs and breasts and does that stupid blushing face and all he does is fantasies about banging which ever girl is talking to him at the time. I mean the last time he was "rejected", all he thought about was imagining her getting railed by a dozen different guys and he flips out. Every time we get close to something substantial, the MC trips over his own feet and the cycle restarts.

This is why people hate it. It's the deceptive nature of it. It makes itself look like a much better manga on the outside and we get something that is insipid and insulting. It's like going to a black tie dinner and the waiter gives you a plate of hot pockets and proceeds to shove the lava cheese into your eyes.

I want this to be better. It has the potential to be a good manga. But it keeps running in circles to keep itself relevant. And the characters and the story all suffer because of it.

Chrom, Deflection, deflection, projection. Man, you are hilariously predictable. SEETH AND COPE HARDER LMAO

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I’m just here to read the comments at this point. Much more enjoying than reading the chapters.
folding-chair-fold-up-chair.gif

Users who are viewing this thread