Karate Baka Isekai - Ch. 5 - Karate vs Heavily Armored Knight (2)

Dex-chan lover
Seems like a page is missing? The page between the moment after he cut the chandelier and the knight getting hit by it?

Fed-Kun's army
You guys are complaining about how he beat a guy with armor, but are we gonna just ignore the fact that he beat a Minotaur, which is probably more sturdy than this dude, with his bare hands?

Dex-chan lover
didnt he know that fists are stronger than platemail?

Lol was not going to be standard karate in the first place when he beat the minotaur in a fist fight with bare hands. He crushed the Minotaur skull with a punch.

Judging by the fact the guy's armor didn't crumple under the impact of the chandelier, there's actually a somewhat reasonable explanation for what happened if you accept that Karate Baka here punched a Minotaur to death.
I mean, sure, the author probably didn't actually think of this and it's actually isekai magic, but let me have my fridge brilliance moment.

Standard Steel typically used in medieval armor buckles or crumples under force. This is why cloth gambeson was worn underneath it, as a form of trauma padding. However, Although rare, some plate armors in the later medieval periods were made of sufficiently Hardened Steel often wouldn't crumple, instead it'd absorb a lot more of the kinetic energy and shatter. Judging by the lack of Mr. Knightface's armor being caved in at the back, we could assume his armor is this Hardened Steel, in which case there was a bit of a genius idiot moment in dropping the chandelier on him and then goading him into a head-on clash: the chandelier caused severe micro-fracturing in the armor, all it took to break it entirely was a sufficient jarring.
Now it looks to everyone else that he can punch through heavy armor, when it'd really just be Physics at work within acceptable 'suspension of disbelief' levels if you accepted the baka (I don't remember his name) was super-humanly strong in the first place.

Now if only the author would be that creative.

(Of course, this doesn't explain his 'iron flesh of sword resistance +10')

Fed-Kun's army
such shortness

hmmm I don't really care enough to complain about chopping and punching through metal,

but parrying a sword via its sharp side with your bare wrists? that's a total no-no

Fed-Kun's army
@iamagaroze Well, not to take away any part of what you said. Typically broadswords or those type of swords "knight swords" from that era weren't all that sharp, they weren't necessarily meant for cutting but breaking... However, since its a manga and he's the MC, they'll make it seem like he parried Excalibur bare-handed.

Dex-chan lover
@cyro_zero

Good explanation. As you have mentioned that medieval armor is segmented and additional gear is worn underneath. In addition you could wear a padded coif, gambeson, waffenrock, or a Jupon for additional protection. But not sure if author will use that explanation or make him essentially magic.

Basically a muscle wizard?

maxresdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I would like to refer to the first chapter beginning where he managed to bend and crack the front of a truck (and the window) with just a single fist before the momentum and weight of the truck beat him.

Even if it was just for a split second, he clearly was using around the same level of force there and he used for this.

So ye all should have thrown away your common sense from the very start of the story.

Dex-chan lover
you guys are taking this too seriously lmao, its a dumb isekai about a really strong guy who fucks everything with karate, that was obvious from the beginning

Tbh idk why people are complaining about this guys strength, he's basically just yujiro hanma but with karate and not completely op

Dex-chan lover
so when are we going to kill the fat guy, I mean it should happen soon, he already served his purpose in the story. Only thing left is to get rid of him to satisfy the readers.

Fed-Kun's army
"This guy is a coward!"
yeah disregard the giant dent in his iron shield caused by his bare hands 😅

Users who are viewing this thread