Karate Baka Isekai - Ch. 4 - Karate vs Heavily Armored Knight (1)

Fed-Kun's army
It's interesting that the author actually understand how combat was historically fought. Even if you are a giant, you still need to understand your body and physics. There are videos of guys in full plate armor barrel rolling and going up ladders.

Most isekai just have some OP ass pull movement and call it a day.

Dex-chan lover
Martial Artists are not to be messed with, even ones who train to the point of fanaticism.

If they unlock their Ki/Chi flow, then every move they do will have devastating effects.

Dex-chan lover
@jimmyclear Right. When one has trained his body to the utmost, they have no need of armor. Their reflexes alone are sufficient to protect them, and they can strike with expertly precise strikes.

Fed-Kun's army
Finally! A fantasy manga that actually pays respect to how skilled and badass men-at-arms and knights actually were!

Aggregator gang
that knight should be unable to see and overheating, not swinging like some samurai and stabbing like a fencer.

Banned
Pretty sure the issue with full plate and weight is that there is a layer of chainmail underneath the plate metal. It has been a while since I last put my chainmail on, but that stuff is pretty fuckin heavy. That said, with the plates on top restricting movement of the chain, it probably wouldn't... swing as much.

@Kuroww : Doesn't that depend if he has a gambeson on underneath? Metal armour, being metal, conducts heat pretty well. It isn't like normal clothing that is explicitly made to insulate body heat. Referencing my own experiences with chainmail again, heavy as it may be, you wouldn't really get overheated with it on unless the environment you're in is hot.
That said... you probably don't ever want to wear metal armour flush against the skin. It chafes like hell.

Supporter
@SotiCoto Full Plate doesn't have chain underneath, just a gambeson. Chain is used for some joints, but shouldn't ever be under the plate, aside frome some edge overlapping.

Dex-chan lover
omigod an author that actually did his research into full plate. I've seen videos of guys in period accurate armor doing cartwheels and climbing ladders like it's nobody's business. The total weight is much less than you'd think, and because it's distributed across the body instead of resting entirely on the shoulders like mail, it's actually quite handy.

Thank you author-san, I love you.

Users who are viewing this thread