Kono Koi wo Hoshi ni wa Negawanai

Ah finally she said out loud that she cherished Kyo as a friend more than actually being in love with him. Eri forced herself to like Kyo and dated him. Kyo isn't a bad guy but he's not exactly a good one towards Fuyuki and Eri's relationship. And as suspected that Ino girl likes Kyo. Will Kisaki be the bigger person and tries to mediate Fuyuki and Eri's feeling?

That's the issue though. She's not romantically jealous. I'm honestly curious where this story is gonna end up, and I think it might end up in a psuedo "bad-ending", where Eri is just hopelessly codependent and loves Fuyuki, in a platonic way, but agrees to a relationship because they both want to be with each other forever anyway. She even says in Ch14 "I don't mean it like that" when she says she loves Fuyuki. Of course, it could just be she's unaware of her feelings, but I don't think so because it's only Fuyuki that matters.
That's a possibility. Maybe Eri is definitely codependent towards Fuyuki. But sometimes romantic love isn't being understood or acknowledged properly because of that. The latest chapter showed how Eri had strong reaction towards Kidali and Fuyuki kissing. Something leaning towards actual jealousy than mere codependent jealousy. We shall see. I hope this manga doesn't choose vague ending or one sided romantic love into relationship. I really like the author's works so far but the fave one definitely where the MCs ended up together happily.

Contributor
I was simply going to write that this is one of Shinoa best works and the fact that it's really refreshing considering how her stories usually are but I need to add that discussing specific chapters content in the entry page comments has to be done using spoilers, as per rules guidelines.

Supporter
This series is exhausting. I guess this similar to how most naïve sapphics experience their first love. As a miserable pining for a person that you know will never see you in the light you see them, while you watch from the sidelines as the live and love without you. Maybe you, the reader, just want to step into those shoes. I personally don't feel like retracing my steps. She even helps the person she loves get prepared to have their first time with some rando in a flashback and then catches her with her other childhood friend on the couch. I would be moving province, changing my name, considering lobotomy... it's over.

Like... I get that the idea is "realistic relationships" but the angst and heartache is amped up to 11 with no fluff to cushion the fall. It's pain for the sake of it. If that's what you're into, go for it. I'm burnt out on it though, especially since it's clear things are just going to keep being horrible long before they (maybe? could just bad end honestly) start to brighten up.

It's an issue with a lot of drama series like this, but we see Eri's good side so rarely it's kinda hard to root her for her sometimes. We basically only get to see her mid death spiral, it's unfortunate. Definitely makes me wish Fuyuki could meet a nice girl that's outside of this tangled mess.

I also do enjoy Eri's brother getting a brief glimpse into what's going on and immediately backing off so he doesn't get involved. Cute moment.

Users who are viewing this thread