Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru

A different start, but the story diverts to the generic stuff real quick. The first few chapters feel like an info dump; at least spread the background info slowly over the course of the story, but whatever, I'll just skim it. The main character is as uninteresting as it gets, and it seems like he's nothing without his fancy machines. As a side note, his communication with others who don't speak the same language is way too convenient which annoys me. I barely read any chapters, and I really don't feel like giving this story a chance. It seems slightly better than the average isekai from others' opinions so give it a go if you're bored.

Manga is much better than the WN.
In the WN every 3rd chapter is like reading a cookbook, it's jarring and weird.
Imagine pages and pages of stuff like this:
----------------
I checked out the magic fridge and chose the ingredients. I got some eggs, Big Boar sirloin, spring onions, and garlic. Just these ones.
I’ll make a soy sauce and garlic flavored one. There’s no dashi, but I don’t think it’s a problem.
Yesterday’s rice leftovers had already hardened up, so I put it inside a colander, gave it a quick rinse, and drained the water afterward.
I chopped the green onions and meat into fine pieces and beat the eggs. I grated the garlic and mixed it up with some soy sauce.
“Now we’re done with the prep work.”
“That fast? Is it really okay to use so little ingredients?”
The main draw is the rice after all. This much is fine. Lets put in some oil on the pans and start frying, beginning from the meat.”
I prepared two large frying pans earlier, so Verse took one up and started frying the meat on top of the stove-type magic tool along with me.
“Use a little salt and pepper for flavoring. Next, add in the beaten eggs and stir the mixture up. Yes, just like that.

Neat start and rocky afterwards. After the major plot movement in these recent chapters, it has potential to go for a hundred good chapters, based on its plot line alone... but only for its plot line. The characters still leave a lot to be desired. They all still are cookie cutter isekai characters, and with no toppings. This just barely touches on characters, like their an accessory to a grand story. Even the main cast feels like cogs in a wheel. If the characters had more personal character development, this could be a real gem. Possibly, just maybe something like Blame! but instead of lore heavy its story heavy.

I’m legit super exited for the direction in which the manga is heading! This is gonna be amazing!

When are they gonna put a sexual violence(kinda) and ecchi in the tags... Well i'm just saying spoilers...

I loved the web novel while it lasted. I just hope the manga avoids 30 chapters of food related stuff that added nothing to the story.

it started out very unique isekai but it slowly morphed into a common isekai harem manga where the mc is denser then a dwarf star. I can see where this manga is leading from miles away. I can even see the ending and I am surprised I am not a seer. I had so much hope that this anime would be different.... how disappointing.

Group Leader
I actually... kind of really like this.
While it has some of the usual tropes, it's largely a lot more down to earth.
And the whole genre crossover shtick also does things for me.

Fed-Kun's army
The premise could've led to something decent but it's kind of still just falling back on all the usual tropes anyway.
Also, the massive amount of copy-pasted character art started bothering me a lot as soon as I noticed it

Annoying princess that know shit about the real world wants to be a hero and take back her country from traitors while having a pretty much stupid but overpowered MC as her dog
Nothing new

While it has some of the usual tropes, it's actually... kind of really like this.
r me bts.
And the whole genre crossover shtick also does things for me.

Fed-Kun's army
Those who have read the novels, can you give some spoilers? Will this brick wall of protagonist ever get a kiss?

Users who are viewing this thread