Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami - Vol. 5 Ch. 37.1

Double-page supporter
Just to satisfy part of your curiosity, an acquaintance of mine works for a luxury/bespoke italian suit brand, and their flagship stores are usually multi-leveled:
A ground floor with the "cheap" stuff, accessories and non tailor-made stuff; one or more upper floors with private rooms and personal attendants (imagine a sort of luxury living room with clothes on the walls) for the bespoke and tailor-made stuff.
They also give you free drinks while they show you the fabrics and the models available!

Edit: spelling

The richest people will also have employees who will buy or obtain a lot of things for them. Why go out to buy groceries when you can have your attendant negotiate a deal with a supplier?

Dex-chan lover
For him to be buying in such large bulk. Either piggy is eating it all, which just cements his piggy status- though that's hardly ever the case in these drama stories. Or he's rebranding and selling them as his own, which would also explain the unknown attendant.

Gonna go with tripe. Though I may be completely wrong with either.

Dex-chan lover
So either Monroe is buying those things on Yuri's(and thus the kingdom's) paycheck, or they intend to do some kind of hoarding tactic that abuses the fact that there are no patents or lawsuits for this kind of thing.

Double-page supporter
@Nayn
We are not talking about groceries, but luxury items: thing you enjoy choosing, buying and experiencing.
Would rich people send employees on vacation in their stead too?

The resale business has existed in immemorial time. It is clear that the nobleman is reselling everything he buys in his territory at higher prices.?. When azuca company go him land will lost. ?

Dex-chan lover
reselling chocolates without any conservants added by transporting em on hot days without any artificial cooling on the way? on a slow shaky transport which'd take at least a week to arrive? seriously?

I thought about him researching a possibility to copy the production method by buying large amount of samples instead...

Dex-chan lover
Reselling across the border. That's a lot less sinister then I was expecting. Just set per household limits.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Iris goes full corporate warfare and fucks ups his finances for trying to make money out of her products.

Pudgy there is obviously eating it all :> ) lol but i doubt you could reverse engineer chocolate so im guessing he takes it somewhere to sale again or something, and that hoe yuri up to no good being a prostitute in the town tavern again

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, he was definitely a border "defender" lord, so he's probably selling to the neighboring kingdom, the guy with him is probably a representative of the other country here to finance the whole thing. Watch Kathleen Madigan's Paris Story for a good example of what's going on here.

Double-page supporter
Small mistake on page 3, "I've always wanted to come here, so it kind of feels like I I fulfilled one of my dreams"
Dunno if the scanlators check here but...

Fed-Kun's army
@OrangeAbundis
Naw. Reverse-engineering food has been done by chefs since time immemorial. You can't get an exact recipe, but you'll definitely be able to reproduce the dish if your palate is good an analytic skills are up to the task.
The fat guy's probably reselling and the thin one is "the classic spy" with Yuri being a foreign agent going for a strategy meeting.

Aggregator gang
@cryum that implies a backwater earl has the clout to acquire the raw materials in amounts required to undercut an established firm with the backing a port dukedom. things like Cacao and Silk are from far overseas and the Armelia fief has a sranglehold on supply. though, the cosmetics might be reverse engineerable. this is aside from the fact that Azuta is already catering to two markets. it won't hold forever, but she'll have an edge over competitors for years as far as brand recognition and market share go.

reselling would be difficult in large amounts or at a distance far from the capital, considering chocolate is perishable, and hard to profit from wherever Azuta has market presence.

Fed-Kun's army
Looks like Yuri's got some conspiracy brewing. Her flaunting of informal influence is very remniscent of the imperial consorts who brought their countries to ruin. Now that she's been seen entering the dens of crime and poverty for a purpose, I'd suspect she's up to something nasty. Those places are full of men who use violence to achieve their ends, and they are always searching safety and wealth. What if the gifts that Yuri insists on getting are being funneled to these men in return for their service? And is she not using her influence to flaunt her ability to give the forces of corruption the ability to act with impunity? That would put Yuri in the driving seat where she can exert influence through organized crime. Her weakness, however, is that she can only exert influence on the men she has captivated with her charm. She uses her words to infect men with her dreams, an affliction that enfeebles them by removing their mental connection to the reality in which they live. If this affliction were cured, there would be no use for her in noble society - she is a thing that defies their rules, insults them, and diverts their resources to folly. Once she loses power, she will be cast off.

And that brings us to the ballroom scene. Yuri's insults to Iris backfired on her. By insisting that Iris had no rights to attend, she slighted the Queen Dowager and her partner's family. The first prince's faction strengthened while hers weakened, which will harm her long term position as the second prince's consort. She made unreasonable demands that made Iris look strong, and made other major blunders. Iris was completely victorious, and Yuri's dependence on the second prince grew even more. Iris, who was already cast as Yuri's enemy, appeared to be triumphantly victorious on her return to noble society, diminishing Yuri's influence even more. The straw that broke the camel's back, was that Yuri has lost the support of Iris' brother. He had been thoroughly cured by his sister, and saw Yuri as the useless thing that she actually was. Iris appears to be stealing Yuri's important allies, growing in strength while undermining her. Can Yuri, an emotional person, handle that? No.

Yuri is going to try and arrange Iris' assassination. Too bad Iris has got the best guards, is suspicious of her, and has a feeling that something is wrong.

Dex-chan lover
C-Can I propose simpler answer that Monroe simply use all that chocolate in the party that he host?

Users who are viewing this thread