Lamia Orphe Is Dead - Ch. 30 - Late Regret

The characters are truly interesting. Be it Lamia, Uriel or the 2nd prince and the story especially captures the ruthlessness of nobility exceptionally well. It feels like each noble family are clouded in layers of mystery and depth which i think is often lost in this genre, families are usually just used as status for the characters but its a lot more interesting and realistic when the families status have a history.

Dex-chan lover
What the. This family. Is anyone in the family the father's child? Or are they the brother's?
Many thanks

Double-page supporter
Whaaaat, they hid her little brother from her until she was six? That's fucking wild. I'm mad as hell. Hating the culture of the world more than anything right now.

Thanks for the upload!

I mean author needs to clarify some things before adding up to more unsolved mystery to the readers.
If not we r going to get even confused.
I'm already confused, now i guess we r going to get even more confused.

hmmmm they probably have different mothers and uriel's might be someone that can bring trouble? bc hes her son ppl wouldnt want him to become the duke

The author just keeps on throwing us mysteries upon mysteries like author-nim could you please hol' up. Anyways, I feel like Uri is the father's brother's son? Or I dunno I'm confused as hell.

I actually can't relate to most of the critique that this manga is confronted with. This story deserves more recognition!

I don't think that the events are as confusing as often stated. For example, the fact that
Aquila can turn back time
was hinted within the beginning chapters, maybe even the first. There are constantly little hints on that and actually already explain the confusing relationship to Lamia.
Maybe just my opinion, but the new turns of the story actually enrich the plot. In my opinion the story is slow-paced in its revelations, but still has a lot going on, I really like that. It leaves enough hints to spin theories and leaves things in the dark to make it more spicy. I really enjoy mysteries like that! Reminds me of my favorite manga Pandora Hearts.
Things can't be explained or stated just right from the beginning - that's the crux of a mystery which makes it so much fun. I feel that everything is connected in here, so every detail could serve to the “solution“.

Of course, Aquila's story with Uriel is horrifying. I've read an interesting theory about the incident that explain the motivation behind Aquila's actions (still, not (!) an excuse for his actions, but an explanation), but I could imagine that there's also more behind Uriel, we even got to know that
he has a drinking problem
, maybe there are more secrets that he is hiding from Lamia relating to Aquila - just a theory.

I agree that the comedy elements sometimes feel off and could be placed elsewhere. Though I enjoy them, just a personal taste, hehe.

The characters are interesting, though I don't like everyone with all of my heart I enjoy the idea of the strong and rational female lead and her rather dependent brother you would consider “weak“ in stereotypical, binary views of masculinity and femininity, especially in their feudal surroundings. Interesting premise!
And I don't want to defend Aquila and his actions in any way, but I am just melting away at his awkward adoration for Lamia, every time he blushes I am literally smiling like an idiot think he is an interesting character and I am fond of learning more about him. Hope the author finds a way to explain his back story with Uriel in a satisfying way, but I am pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

In conclusion: I am just a sucker for mysteries leaving small hints that interconnect with each other, dubious background stories, feudal intrigues, the hate to love trope combined with some amnesia and awkward cuteness overload.

This was my mini-analysis, thanks for visiting my TED-talk on the topic “why mystery plots matter“

Fed-Kun's army
40 chaps in and no development at all and feels like we’re just going around in a circle..

this family is wilding. I'm not entirely sold on Uriel being an illegitimate child or anything (because why wouldn't they have just eliminated him?) but I wouldn't be surprised either. I kind of wonder if maybe they just didn't want his presence to distract Lamia from her training as heir (but this sounds less likely now that I've put it into words).

also I haven't been checking the comments as much so I'm not sure what the theories are around Aquila, but I wonder if he regained his memories/traveled back to some time around when he hurt Uriel. like if he'd gotten them back right before he hurt him, maybe it was to send Uriel back home to protect him from something. or maybe hurting Uriel was collateral damage from getting the memories back. but idk I'm still kinda confused by the whole story so I'm just throwing things out there lol

Thanks for the update! The mysteries keep piling on? This story is a slow-burn but I don't mind much. The characters' reactions has been interesting and making sense so far

Users who are viewing this thread