Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 6 Ch. 73 - Girls' Mixer! The Demon's Youthful War!!

@shaeli Nothing would make me happier.

@Evron
That could mean Momo hunted demons regardless of their individual threat/crimes to complete the necessary points.

If you really think she would do that, you probably dont understand Momo or the themes of the story too well.

My enjoyment is dampened somewhat by the extended wait, but it will be worth it as always. Mikan sneaking citrus onto everyone's food when they're not looking is a gag that will never get old. As cute as much of this chapter was, it also got rather heavy there; the subtle reminder that without Sakura's core Shamiko wouldn't be alive, and then a bit more of nothing from Momo regarding her past (though further implicating how traumatic it was)

Also should we be concerned about the licensing affecting this translation?

@BugDemon
Well yes, if the situation was desperate enough for Momo to see no other option to save everyone else I think she could do it, at least a less weary past Momo.

EDIT:
No, ok. Perhaps you're right. While I still think she could do so it if necessary, afterwards she would have probably sacrificed herself to unseal the innocent demons and then there would be no Momo at the start of the story.

An alternative would be that for a friendly demon to offer themselves, making Momo promise not to use her blood to unseal them and continue to protect the town instead... Hell, Joshua might have done something like that to help Sakura.

@Evron
While I absolutely don't think anything remotely close to that would happen in this kind of story, your revised version is at least more in line with Momo's character.
Just a few points that need to be considered:
-It happened 7 years ago. So Momo was only like 8 years old.
-Momo acted in a group.
-Using a wish to save the world would imply the system can automatically solve all issues, which would make all magical girls superfluous.
-If they used a wish, then nobody would even be aware they did it in the first place, right?
-The amount of points needed to make a wish of that scale would be extreme. Momo would never find enough demons worth any points that are also willing to sacrifice themselves and as we just established, she wouldn't hunt innocents.

I dont think using collection points to solve problems is viable in the slightest, considering how little demons are worth, especially as the points needed scale exponentially with the wish. It doesn't sound like something that is used very often at all. I've seen people say Sakura may have gotten rich through a wish, which allowed her to buy most of this town's property, but that's the closest to an actual believable use I've seen. Mikan clearly never made enough points to wish for her curse to be lifted for example, despite obviously having experience with sealing dangerous demons from what she and Momo talked about. I assume threats on the scale of snake goddess Mizuchi would be worth a lot, but as Momo said, most modern Dark Clan are on Shamiko's level.

------

My guess is that the threat to the world was either not coming from a Dark Clan member, but rather something more abstract in nature (Hence why Momo doesn't exactly think that saving the world is an accurate description). Or it was (a) magical girl(s)/navigator going rogue. Momo's injuries led to deep scars and according to what she told Lilith the only things that leaves such deep marks are ether based attacks, because they damage ether bodies. Of course some demons may have ether based weapons too... after all Dark Clan are not a homogenous race or anything. If both of those are inaccurate I can only imagine it was an accident...

Dex-chan lover
I like how Ito causally called their party "girls mixer". Occhi wants to be floor at Momo's house! Look at this little submissive-chan. Way to go, girl!

So guys, do we wait till august or october?

@Evron

Momo's actually worn that shirt quite often... she almost wore it to the duel date all the way back in Chapter 27!

@agronox
And I'm noticing it just now? What a blunder! Love the shirt anyway.

@BugDemon
I don't imagine a wish as grandiose and abstract as "save the world" or as ironic as "seal that powerful demon", but rather something relatively small but critical yet unobtainable otherwise. Teleport something or someone, fill someone's emptied mana, obtain a key item that could calm down a frenzied demon that would not cause damage on a normal state. As for the group, they could contain the situation while the weaker Momo does the background work.

Anyway, I'm basing the possibility of a wish on an impression that Momo feels guilty about the events... though perhaps that's not even it. Taking what she said at face value, maybe her memory has holes or what she remembers doesn't make sense to her. There's Shamiko's mom forgetting about possible neighbors as precedent after all.

@Evron
Those things feel way more like something they would solve on their own rather than make a wish for. It's just not very feasible short term.
I'm not sure Momo really feels guilty, so much as she is just really depressed about what happened. But if there is guilt involved, then maybe my idea of a rogue MG makes sense too. Defeating a fellow comrade would leave her devastated I bet. Momo and Mikan were also incredibly trigger happy with Hon-san, which makes me think that they don't exactly see Magical Girls as allies by default. Momo did mention that many of them are wild and ruthless.

If Momo talks about it next chapter I'm sure we will be surprised anyway.

Dex-chan lover
Will someone tell me what Shamiko is upset about in the last panel of "A Demon Acts Weird", p. 3? I know it has something to do with honorifics and Momo's conversation with Occhi, but I don't understand it. Apparently, Momo gives Occhi permission not to use an honorific with her, but Shamiko and Momo never use honorifics with each other.

(Actually, I can't shake the feeling that Occhi's "Momo-sama" and her wish to be Momo's floor reveals a...sexual proclivity.)

Dex-chan lover
@GurrenPrime5

That's what I thought it was, but Shamiko thinks "Even the demon speaks with honorifics." (?) And then "Are you looking down on the demon, Momo?"

So what she seems to be saying is that she uses an honorific for Momo but Occhi was given permission not to.

It's one of those things that usually makes sense if I stare at it long enough, but it's bugging me. I know the point is she's jealous, but I don't really understand what she's jealous about.

Lore note:

I wonder how Anri-chan knows about this while Mikan doesn't? From all the way back in Chapter 2.

mFf83Y0l.png

Dex-chan lover
So we've got a grape to look forward to in the future. That should be amusing.

@thofheinz
That's because Shamiko always uses honorifics with others (except for Momo), and Momo tells Occhi that she's being "stiff" for using honorifics with her peers, therefore Shamiko starts projecting and gets pissed because that somehow implies that Momo thinks the same about Shamiko when the latter uses honorifics with Anri, Ogura, etc(the fact that she's being stiff, that is).
Also, since Occhi starts calling her Momo-sama, Shamiko also ironically uses that term in her internal dialogue, assuming that all of the above also implies that Momo is looking down upon her and would like to be called "Momo-sama" by Shamiko too (of course that's not the case and it's just an excuse for Shamiko to get mad at her because she's being jelly af).

Dex-chan lover
@newdev

Holy Crap! That's complicated. Thanks for the information.

If Shamiko's wearing a wig in the hospital meant she had chemotherapy, that being the medicine that made her lose her hair... Poor little baby Shamiko had cancer, bone marrow disease, or an immune system disease like lupus. Sakura's help had to spread out and go deep.

I just realized, this might be the first time it was ever acknowledged that Seiko has a job. I don't know how, but it has never come up even once. Whenever she goes out they just say she was shopping.
There has been one time where it was mentioned that her money was taken away, but it was still not explained where it was from.

Just what is her job?

Users who are viewing this thread