Magic Artisan Dahlia Wilts No More

Group Leader
And yes, just in case you didn't read the credits page where it explains, there are in fact TWO DIFFERENT adaptations of the same Light Novel running in two different web magazines. We at HaruPARTY have decided to translate BOTH. Unlike poor Kusuriya no Hitorigoto that only got 1 of its 2 adaptations translated~~

Wow kudos to the translators for this, I hope we dont get super confused down the line if there are differences haha.

Might be an idea to read one through before starting the next one.

@solistia do they have the same release scheduals as well? Cheers for translating btw. Always appreciate the hard work you scantilators put in :)

@Solistia
Well, if you update them simultaneously, and their release rate and narrative progression aren't too different, it'll make for some fun direct comparisons.

Still seems kind of a weird occurance but, I guess if you can get away with doubling your exposure (and profit, assuming those aren't free web magazines), then how many authors wouldn't go for it? Hopefully the author being able to pull that off is an indication that the light novel is good enough to warrant the extra attention (and thereby, that the manga'll likely be good). ^.^

Group Leader
@Ironworks They release one day apart from each other in the 4th week of the month. Wilts No More is Thursday, Free Craftsman Life is Friday. And no problemo my friend, though I about killed my typesetter with all the work XD She deserves much praise \o/

Group Leader
@thoughtgap I thought that too, the comparison between them will be interesting. Considering Wilts No More is a chapter 00, I wonder if it'll follow the plot of Free Craftsman Life's chapter 1 in the next chapter. We shall see!!

Kusuriya no Hitorigoto got the double adaptation treatment too, but they only ever translated the one and not the other. I thought that was too sad, so I couldn't leave one Dahliya without doing the other! And thus far I do like all the fun crafty magicy times, I think we're in for a fun ride!

Dex-chan lover
that secondary title is good.. and the story so far is good too..

Dex-chan lover
I'll be making a comment here because I liked it, and I'll be making another in the other adaptation because both's pretty good

This is really good so far! I love the art and I like the concept (and characters). Definitely will check out the other adaptation (and see if there's a place to read the light novel).

I'm getting similar vibes to that Manga MC who loves making robots in the other world (can't remember of what it's name but yeah). So far so good though! I hope it gets serialized! Looking forward for this!

Dex-chan lover
@Solistia so, the other adaptation is a sequel? Chronologically at least? So should I wait on the other one because of spoilers?

I'm going to read the first chapter at least anyway, but I am interested in your opinion.

Group Leader
@icarushector I wouldn't call it a sequel, they're just different adaptations (they're both running in different online magazines at the same time, so they have no connection other than source material). The other one seems to follow the light novel more closely, and stars Dahliya as an adult going through a bit of a tumultuous time in her life. It's much more demure compared to this vibrant Wilts No More version (and while I like both, I like the other just a bit more, despite that I think this one has better art). It's also possible, since this is a chapter 0 and not a chapter 1, that its next chapter will follow the same storyline as the other adaptations. All we can do is wait until the end of this month to find out in the next raws.

Group Leader
@Solistia I see where you're going with that chapter naming scheme

Don't you name Chapter 2 "02" I got my eyes on you /s

Group Leader
@godginrai I'm good, but not that good, I got my hands full with translating the LN of Villainess x Commoner (any manga I TL is just a fun side project by comparison, cause LNs are monsters. I'd need a whole other dedicated TL for it (that said, I always have open recruitment open for JP TLs to TL the LNs of all our manga projects!).

This version shows off her character and motivation much better than the other. The other manga seems to focus more on relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread