Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 342 - Beyond The Limit

Dex-chan lover
Iruma is gonna walk in there and it's gonna be something your grandmother bought off the home shopping network in 1993.

Straight up painting of a bloodhound puppy with big sad eyes, or some horrific Thomas Kinkade.

What I dread is Silvia wanting to make more art like that

Double-page supporter
Art that psychically harms demons. In this manga, that must mean it's the most wholesome, twee thing imaginable. Like one of those schmaltzy paintings of a dog with big eyes.
I mean, the brief glimpse we see of the edge of the painting looks like it's got flowers on it. So.

Sylvia_the_best.png

I have no words for this
She is a demon afterall

Dex-chan lover
On the topic of Iruma's ever-growing harem - wishing to see more reactions from the man himself in the future.
Him blushing and going "ahem, anyway..." is getting a little bit stale.

Double-page supporter
I know everyone says “join the harem” but I wonder how much we believe this ends in a harem. I honestly would be a little disappointed if it did. #Amelie4Life
It's not a matter of 'believing', seeing as statistically speaking, this will end without Iruma ever dating anyone. Second on the list is him dating one girl, but probably not Amelie. Possibly that girl that he saved from Asmodeus in the very first chapter...she was the first to fall in love with him.

Harem endings in harem manga are extremely, absurdly rare.

Which is why...yes, I hope it WILL end with a harem ending. Because I am honestly fed up with harem stories building said harem literally the entire time, only to give a completely and utterly illogical turn at the end.

Look at ToLove Ru. Lala wants Rito to have harem. Her sisters want to be part of that harem. Haruna is fine with the harem. The law of the planet of which Rito would become prince if he married Lala allows harems. He loves more than one girl. But yet...the story ended with Rito literally still conflicted on actually starting a proper relationship (although he DID do things that count as dates, to my memory...for a change), let alone accept that idea which literally is to everyones benefit, his own included.

Dex-chan lover
SAFE MY ASS! she'll be fucked up at the end :p the only reason its better than the others is instead of tryin to kill herself or going mad she went happy mad!

Dex-chan lover
the only reason its better than the others is instead of tryin to kill herself or going mad she went happy mad!
Yeah, that's the concerning thing, the painting is driving her crazy, but not in the way teachers are thinking of, and considering the build up to all of this, there's no way there isn't going to be some sort of negative consequences (would be poor writing if absolutely nothing happened,) though I doubt it'd be anything irreversible, more like something that helps them to better understand the issues with Beem's art 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Art that psychically harms demons. In this manga, that must mean it's the most wholesome, twee thing imaginable. Like one of those schmaltzy paintings of a dog with big eyes.
Nah, Ameri has no issues with the rom con she reads with Iruma's help, and demons have no trouble with cute things (like the devidols) or human world beauty (like the Sakura Tree Iruma created.) 🤔

Dex-chan lover
I know everyone says “join the harem” but I wonder how much we believe this ends in a harem. I honestly would be a little disappointed if it did. #Amelie4Life
Yeah, a harem ending would just feel like a lack of commitment on the authors part, usually does, rather than being willing to face the ire of the fans of ships that don't work out, though it wouldn't be as bad in this case if the number is limited to something like Clara and Ameri, but all the girls and Asmodeus would be too much 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, that's the concerning thing, the painting is driving her crazy, but not in the way teachers are thinking of, and considering the build up to all of this, there's no way there isn't going to be some sort of negative consequences (would be poor writing if absolutely nothing happened,) though I doubt it'd be anything irreversible, more like something that helps them to better understand the issues with Beem's art 🤔
even if it was irreversable, i think it might end with iruma using his blood to heal her.

Dex-chan lover
It's not a matter of 'believing', seeing as statistically speaking, this will end without Iruma ever dating anyone. Second on the list is him dating one girl, but probably not Amelie. Possibly that girl that he saved from Asmodeus in the very first chapter...she was the first to fall in love with him.

Harem endings in harem manga are extremely, absurdly rare.

Which is why...yes, I hope it WILL end with a harem ending. Because I am honestly fed up with harem stories building said harem literally the entire time, only to give a completely and utterly illogical turn at the end.
You seem to have forgotten that Ameri and Iruma have already gone on a date. While I can agree that non-committal endings are an annoyance in these kind of series, I disagree that getting a true harem ending is what will be right because that's still non-committal if it's all at once since it requires Iruma deciding he doesn't want to choose (unlike, say, Jobless reincarnation or Farming Life in another world where legitimate romance is built between each member of the harem.) Now I'm not saying that we can't have an ending where Iruma is, say, with both Clara and Ameri, but personally I'd prefer the author pick one and the others just find someone else (we don't get enough of that either, it annoys me how often the other rejected love interests just wind up with no one in the end.)

Users who are viewing this thread