Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 354 - Mind Games King

Dex-chan lover
The kids are so cute and tiny! "Whatcha got th-ear?" <3

I was also wonderin why he said to be king when he still has school. It's cause he's not supposed to! I was thinking maybe Iruma might start a democracy or somethin, but Nova seems like the King candidate

Dex-chan lover
I like Mephisto's way of thinking, he is deserving of having this name.

And he is entirely right... if the Many-ears are to become independent, they will need to start to value their own leadership.

With how things are, it is clear Nova may be the obvious candidate... but I think that would be predictable, to be a king of a race and culture, more than just spunk is needed, Nova is too young too eager to be independent and so too brash.

I think the true candidate is Meimei, she has the presence and strength of will to guide her people, maybe she is too independent to accept... but that is up to Iruma to convince her.

I expect a good twist from this arc.

Fed-Kun's army
This will be a really good lesson for Iruma: to not only learn how to govern a people but to also establish tithes, titles and the like. To govern the ungovernable, perhaps similar to old medieval empires with an emperor ruling over kings and princes

Supporter
So there’s something really interesting here. Obviously nova s gonna become king. I think we all suspected that (Iruma s got no time to rule them) but then this dude outright said that and now I’m not so sure. Establishing it as what he wants makes me think that Iruma is gonna do things his own way and still Lead the many eared toward happiness but not by serving as a king maker.

Dex-chan lover
They're making it too obvious that Iruma makes Nova the king and passes but we've been surprised before.

Dex-chan lover
This is my theory: Iruma becoming a kingmaker shows that he can be a great king for the underground in general, since he has to delegate jobs to the rest of the demons. The Demon King's word is law, and so, he has to be insightful enough to know 'Oh, someone else would be better at doing this task.'
A true king keeps his subjects happy by giving them a bit of power, but still keeps them in check.
I think Mephisto's objective of making Iruma a Kingmaker is a completely benevolent one even if self-interested, it's almost as if he has been waiting for someone worthy to follow and bet on to appear. This test is a reflection of Mephistos itself. He likes the idea of helping someone become king, supporting from the shadows. Mephistos is playing Kingmaker both literally and metaphorically with Iruma, and also making him play the same to see if he can think similarly to himself.
This is double layered test, essentially.

Dex-chan lover
King of the Long Ears? Iruma has no time for that, he’s going to give someone else the job so they can swear loyalty to him as the King of the Demon Kings!

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I think that the relationship between Iruma and Nova will be similar to the relationship between Iruma and Bachiko, that is between Master-student->Kohai-senpai.

Double-page supporter
Hmm.. So I guess they're gonna lean to having Iruma be in the same position as Sullivan (well kinda something like it)

Dex-chan lover
I'm fine with this. Iruma have bigger fish to catch. The demon king. Not a king to this smol clan.

Users who are viewing this thread