Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 20 Ch. 174 - Black and White Demons

Dex-chan lover
It's always easy to use someone who is obsessed over someone else...also i believe iruma is the reincarnated demon king.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, why do people hate Kirio so much? I think he's a fun villain, a true "demonic" representative of demons.
Can't speak for people, but I hate Kirio because he is completely and deliberately asymmetric... even if he does wear glasses (which is his only good point).

Dex-chan lover
@Gagweeb & @Mimik - Amduscias (the music judge) conforms to a not-uncommon trope in manga of characters who look and are generally treated male, but view themselves as female. It's more than just being a cross-dresser or gay, but I'm not sure it's quite the same thing as what we consider trans in the west, either, since it is often NOT accompanied by a dislike for their biological sex or a desire to physically change themselves. It's less an "I am a woman who was born as a man" and more of an "I am a woman, regardless of my anatomy's opinion on the matter."

While often played rather crassly as a joke (focused primarily on other characters' confusion with the situation or their discomfort at the character acting outside expectation), here the other demon is referring to Amduscias as a "lady" either (a) as a means of respecting her wishes or (b) to try and stay in her good graces.
AKA “Onee”. Not just anime and manga.
It’s also slightly more complex than that in ways I don’t fully understand. It varies person to person.

”effeminate man” to “woman in all but body but doesn’t consider themselves trans”. I don’t know more than that. I’ve tried to understand, I don’t, that’s fine.

Not my monkeys, not my zoo. They do them.

Japanese pronouns are weird, and I’m not gonna complain which are used for this character no matter which because… yeah.
I’m confused, but it ain’t my business.

Edit: I considered making this a reply to everyone confused, but then I decided not to give a shit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread