Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Vol. 34 Ch. 295 - Take Your Seat

Dex-chan lover
She was told by his Grandpa, before the Foraging Festival, I believe.

It feels weird for Baal to give a peptalk to the new candidates, but I guess it's fun to have a villain that's more multifaceted than a cruel anarchonihilist.
That may be the outer pretense, but actually he's doing several things. 1) He's seeing how the candidates react to him dangling the idea of unbridled power in front of them. Those who react well can be recruited. Those who react poorly can be undermined. 2) He's planting the seeds of rancor and chaos, not just because he thinks it's fun, but also because any conflicts that arise can be used as distractions to help pull off the (likely) kidnaping of Iruma. 3a) He's showing off how powerful and awesome he is. 3b) And by showing off how much power he has, it acts as a deterrent to anyone who might try to interfere for whatever he has planned for the evening. And 4), by acting nice and helpful, he'll have plausible deniability against anyone who might accuse him of skullduggery while at the event.

And to his credit, it would be hard for the observer to tease any of these motives out of his behavior unless they had inside knowledge like we readers do.

Double-page supporter
While I won't say it can't happen, this doesn't really feel like the kind of work to kill off any major characters. The tone of this series is very light-hearted with the occasional tension but you can't have major consequences like that without drastically changing the core appeal of it.
Wasn't one of the students threatened with torture during that teacher vs student competition?
In fact I think they went through some of it.

Dex-chan lover
That being said, I knew Iruma and Bachiko had a close mentor-desciple relationship. I did not know (or maybe it's been too long for me to remember) aside from the hints in this arc that he already captured her heart too. Another fine addition to his collection I suppose.
I see it more a mother-son relationship between them.

Dex-chan lover
Say If I were Delkira, and some idiot lowly subordinate decides to build HIS castle in the place where I fancied, I'd bury the nincompoop with his castle.

Double-page supporter
Not to mention her desire to use her power to create a space that is safe for Iruma, she's honestly got a lot of death flags going, though that's assuming that Osamu Nishi wants to darken the story like that. She may just get captured and brainwashed into helping the enemy (or something to that effect,) which admittedly is worse in some ways, but at least she wouldn't be dead...
She could just get crippled, and replaced by Robin as the head of the family.

Dex-chan lover
she would be an amazing crown, so i wonder how many chapter untilt he big bad happens.
also it does look like irumas secret will be exposed to yet a nother demon

Dex-chan lover
Ok now it's being stretched out...I've legit re-read from the beginning and already am back here.. time to let it gain some chapters before the next one is another POV of the party

Users who are viewing this thread