Major site update: Group blocking, more external links and upcoming infrastructure upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had problem with troll uploads, mangadex is the only site I know it warns you you are skipping chapters so It's not a problem, and I've already have a lot of experience with suddenly jumping chapters so I know how to del with it. With all that said SteamedBuns and SSSS behaviour ever since the group blocking function has been just pathetic, he has, once again, hidden one of his troll releases with a "collaboration" with /a/nonymous, since Holo has said that circumventing the block is bannable at this point I think he should be banned already, it's only going to get worse, better to deal with it now.

Love this so much. It would have been abysmal seeing SSSSS put huge gaps in repeatedly while looking for Iruma's anon uploads. Blocks Nyanko Days updates, but it's not something I can't live without. Worst thing about the group is they declare themselves as saviors or something on their page. Never considered them baddies until they tried to hijack Iruma in a dumb way.

Dex-chan lover
Releasing douche chapters expecting people to be grateful, being all high and mighty about it, now trying to evade the block function by releasing under collab with "anonymous" group. If this is not trolling i dont know what is. Kinda happy they and their supporters openly show themselves so I can block them all. Out of sight out of mind

Dex-chan lover
Damn, and here I thought it was gonna be mangaplus that would get blocked en masse (thanks for reminding me to block SSSS though)

Group Leader
If there's going to be more updates to filters, I'd like to be able to exclude tags for demographics on the new release page.

As for the issue with SSSSS, the issue should've resolved with the new block feature.

@Holo are join scans taken in account too? Like if a chapter is released by xxx and yyy, but I have blocked yyy bcz they suck

Will the chapter not show?

I'm to lazy to find a chapter with collaboration right now to test it, thanks

Dex-chan lover
@negavamas
I for one am thankful to him cause I got to read this way earlier than I originally would have. I don't really care that his main motivation
is to troll people because at the end of the day I get a chapter to read and if someone else doesn't want to read it and wait it's all good no need to whine about it.

@sterven I'm not even going to block SSSS, I'm used to this. What I'm not okay with is faking collaborations to circunvent a blocking feature. And as said previously, that is bannable.

Dex-chan lover
@negavamas
Oh you won't get an argument from me for that, just that at the same time I am thankful for the chapter and if they get the ban hammer then so be it no skin off my bones.

Dex-chan lover
@Barclayss I've tested with two manga with chapters collab-ed by actual established groups with names (so not "no group" or /a/annonymous) and found out that if you only block 1 of the group, the chapters still show up and readable on the manga pages. Not sure about the new release/update page though...
Edit: So my testing was very limited and didn't produce correct result. Read AkiTooru's comment right below for the correct result.

Aggregator gang
@Barclayss @Yatsuki
Blocking a group from a joint release only hides the chapter if they're the first group listed on the release. So if you block a group it's currently inconsistent whether the chapter is blocked. @Holo
Tested with https://mangadex.org/title/40812/the-city-of-imprisoned-love.
The first two chapters are cyan / black cat, the rest are black cat / cyan.

Dex-chan lover
@AkiTooru Oh it's definitely as you said. Thank you for notifying and correcting me.
Great... Now that a.hole SSSSS is gonna release collab chapter with anonymous group as the 1st group....

Group Leader
@Yatsuki
That would most definitely count as willful circumvention of group blocks, which would probably get said group/user banned under the No Trolling rule.

@AkiTooru you should post that on the bug forum that way it'll be easier to track for holo and the ones in PR to check it out

Dex-chan lover
@Clueless The way I see it, if he gets banned (which honestly he and his group should be a long time ago imo), and with the current state of blocking, I think he would likely make a new account and post under "no group" and that would be problematic because a lot of independent translators are under that category and we can't block it :(

Miku best girl
Admin
@Yatsuki

That still counts as circumventing the blocking feature and he will be banned.

Dex-chan lover
@alidan
While I agree with your characterisation of the average Chinese mindset, I think you're barking up the wrong tree if you pin that tail on communism. If that was the reason for the Little Emperor syndrome and being regarded globally as the shittiest tourists of all nationalities, then other former communist countries would show similar behavorial patterns. Yet you don't see anything remotely comparable from the people from, for example, the former GDR, Belarus or Russia. So I find it hard to blame communism for that specific thing and would more look at regional / national patterns for reasons.

@dube
Yeah same here - the attention I have to pay to properly scroll through a longstrip ruins my immersion too. Technically, there would be no problem to offer both longstrip and page-wise versions. You can pretty easily convert the latter into the former, and let the customer decide which version he sets in the reader.

@Kendama
I'd never want to imply that longstrip comics are categorically bad - it's just a format that I personally abhorr. That's why I only every talked about how >I< find that format horrible and cannot read it, regardless of how good or bad the actual content of the format might be.

@Hounder

Yeah...they're livid. And truth be told, I was one of them....

I'm new to reading manga online (started in mid August) and had found a site I was comfortable with, but it had a Facebook interface, so I had to login with my back up acct because.....reasons.
The site I was using is FLOODED with manhua that push the Japanese titles out of the way. When ever there were problems with missing pages, everyone always seemed to point to Mangadex as the definitive source. At first, I was turned off because I couldn't continuously scroll, and I didn't understand the comments system....
Anywho...I like it here. it's good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread