MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Akatori2st That already exists
258ee127da.png

Group Leader
I think you could fix a lot of the confusion around the whole "Status: Completed" issue if you added a stat next to it so people can see how many Volumes/Chapters exist.

So something like, "Status: Completed (5 Volumes, 80 Chapters)"

Then you can look at the scanlations and see that they're only up to chapter 5 and be sad.

Chiming in with another vote for the ability to "follow" authors and/or artists, or set up some kind of alert at least if they start work on a new title.

I was reading Shomin Sample, which got the ax, but it was kind of charming, I'd still love to see what else the author or artist might come up with. Plus if Tsubana comes up with something else, I'll definitely want to check that out too.

I have two
First, make blacklisted genres not show up on the random manga button.

Second, make a "like" option on comments

Why was having a favorite list rejected? It doesn't even need to be that big, like have 5 max if you want, and maybe have it on the profile page. The profile has tons of white empty space. People like showing of their favs, and if also adds a bit more character to an otherwise bland af profile page and some individuality. Would also make it easier to navigate to to said manga for the user too possibly.

Fed-Kun's army
a nice feature for the front-page would be a hover that displays the summary of a manga when you hover over the cover page.

Dex-chan lover
Is there a feature to "follow an author" so that whenever any group scanlates their works you'd get updated in the notifications? I tried skimming through the already implemented list but my eyes got lost in the sea of words.

I don't know if it's been suggested yet, I did read the list, but maybe a more intuitive notifications system, for updates, showing a scaled down cover and then the chapters unread, or the latest update and the chapter you've read up to. The problem is that the current interface is kinda... Unintuitive.

Group Leader
Please give filter for manhwa/manhua
Please let me see japanese manga and ONLY japanese manga
I don't want to ever see manhwa/manhua in the homepage it's just making me miss new manga stuff.

Didn't see this listed, so what I'd really like is to not see updates to series I've marked dropped, even on the front page, or at least display that I've marked them dropped, so I don't have to click through to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread