Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Picking Up and Holding a Dragon Will Make Her Your Daughter (1)

Dex-chan lover
@Nojay: Small vowel kana such as ォ simply modify the pronunciation of the preceding kana so that its vowel component matches the modifier, so フォル and ウォルフォレ would be pronunced as "Foru" and "Worufore", with "Foru" being surprisingly sensible as a nickname and indicative that the author may have done some actual research into how European-language hypochoristic nicknames are formed (i.e. realized that such names are no stranger to dropping the final vowel). That being said, "Worufore"'s logical Latin-script counterpart should be "Valfore" rather than "Valefor" or "Valefar".

@WhoSainT: ... So it's wilfully blind adherence to pre-existing name spellings regardless of their (in)accuracy? Really???

Group Leader
In case you don't already know, I just copy and paste LN translation to the manga. I can't Japanese.

Double-page supporter
Ooooooooooohhhhhhh
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
THE FLUFF SUSTAINS ME

Dex-chan lover
71cCCJF.png

Contributor
Go for it, shoot for the stars
Adopt the loli and then, ehem... give her a sibling so she can be an onee-san

Dex-chan lover
Lol when she saw them sitting in a chair together it was like walking in on your parents

Users who are viewing this thread