Miyu-chan wa Zutto Tomodachi - Ch. 7 - Miyu-chan Will Always Be Your Friend

Dex-chan lover
Feel that Yuushin should just accept the Miyu that's in front of him. Things night be easier for him if he does that.

jak

Contributor
Just imagine. If he falls for her, he potentially will never have her love fully because her love for him will only be because he reminds her of the other Miyu.

Dex-chan lover
I find him still considering his character change to be "fake" kinda weird. If you are influenced by something/someone in your formative years and change your system of values, that is not "fake", that is a new "real you" now.
Does that apply to him tho? He himself has said that despite the real Miyu's influence on him, he doesn't care that much. His words and actions are pretty much out of sync with what he feels in his head and have been for years. That seems like solid ground to me to say he's embodying a fake persona.

Btw, this is a genuine question, not a dismissal of what you were saying, just in case.

Theory: "Generic Miyu-chan" is actually the real Myiu-chan that MC was friends with.
Somebody tried to kill her, but somehow ended up killing the Other Miyu.
Real (generic) Miyu-chan is now pretending to be Other Myiu-chan to find her own would-be killer. She's telling people she's Other Miyu-chan to misdirect the guilty party.

Dex-chan lover
Does that apply to him tho? He himself has said that despite the real Miyu's influence on him, he doesn't care that much. His words and actions are pretty much out of sync with what he feels in his head and have been for years. That seems like solid ground to me to say he's embodying a fake persona.

Btw, this is a genuine question, not a dismissal of what you were saying, just in case.
I know that this is the way it is shown, it seemingly makes sense as described. I just think it wouldn't make sense for a human being. Elementary school kids are not usually that cognisant of those kinds of changes. You just enter a new friend group, you adapt, sometimes you change, and sometimes you don't. If you don't, you go back to being "yourself" when you are not with other people.

But if years later you are still affected, that means you just changed. I don't understand why he has to put on that specific "kind person" mask, seemingly despite himself. That just doesn't feel like how humans work to me. At the same time, he claims he didn't care about Miyu all that much when the only reason I can see him still being affected is that her death was deeply traumatizing.

In my eyes, it paints him as either not making any sense as a character, or as an unreliable narrator, even within his internal monologue.

Contributor
You'd think someone in class would look at least look a little rattled. If they killed the real Miyu and then she seemingly came back alive I cant see them not questioning things heavily. Maybe even considering the occult

Dex-chan lover
Nice twists here. What a lewd cosplayer frenching him in public like that. Lol at his inner Miyu. I wonder what the next suspect will be like.

Users who are viewing this thread