Monogatari no Kuromaku ni Tensei Shite - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
For those wondering whether or not this is a harem, this tagged as "Multiple Heroines" in the Japanese sites, not "Harem".

FYI Multiple Heroines is a tag that means an MC with nost if not all the supporting cast being females.

Japanese sites have a completely different set of tags(and more efficient IMO) from the rest of the world.
I honestly thought it was interchangeable with harem, does it have the same romantic implications though ?

Dex-chan lover
I honestly thought it was interchangeable with harem, does it have the same romantic implications though ?
It means the chance of the MC ending with one girl or multiple girls is 50-50.

It can be a mongamous ending .

Or an ending where the MC ends up of some girls but not all(Likely because some other girls are related to him, are commited to someone else, underage or just robots who couldn't comprehend romance etc.

Or he can end up with all of them like a regular harem end.

Dex-chan lover

Or an ending where the MC ends up of some girls but not all(Likely because some other girls are related to him, are commited to someone else, underage or just robots who couldn't comprehend romance etc.

Ohh that’s interesting. Thank you ^_^

Dex-chan lover
only stop to rest bro, i dont mind waiting some.... thanks a lot

Dex-chan lover
I just finished and trying to read normal manga, then page 4 happened.

I guess I'll go 1 more round

Dex-chan lover

Your definition of multiple heroines terrifies me.

This reminds me of 2000's harem anime where we are constantly teased about something developing between one girl, only for the story to not have the balls to commit any girl in the end, because the author was afraid of pissing off the fan base. Or, the author could pick the worst girl one girl, only for that relationship to end after a few months for some idiotic reason. Oreimo comes to mind.

This always frustrated the hell out of me, since the MC is deliberately made retarded in order not to notice obvious signs that a girl liked him. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to strangle the MC for being that stupid and oblivious to girls literally throwing themselves at him -- And he still doesn't notice how those girls are feeling!

Pick one or pick them all instead of leading us on for the rest of the story.

Dex-chan lover
Your definition of multiple heroines terrifies me.

This reminds me of 2000's harem anime where we are constantly teased about something developing between one girl, only for the story to not have the balls to commit any girl in the end, because the author was afraid of pissing off the fan base. Or, the author could pick the worst girl one girl, only for that relationship to end after a few months for some idiotic reason. Oreimo comes to mind.

This always frustrated the hell out of me, since the MC is deliberately made retarded in order not to notice obvious signs that a girl liked him. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to strangle the MC for being that stupid and oblivious to girls literally throwing themselves at him -- And he still doesn't notice how those girls are feeling!

Pick one or pick them all instead of leading us on for the rest of the story.
Actually, some of the Japanese tags such as this "Mutiple Heroine" are made to give authors leeway to measure how much support fans have on certain developments(romance, revenge etc) in order for them to adjust the story.

They would have less room for maneuver otherwise gave it a regular "Harem" tag or "Monogamous" tag. So they would begin their stories as vague as possible in romance in order to draw as many fans as possible whether they be pro harem or not.

For example in the case of Mastermind, would you believe a good number of Japanese fans of this series prefer a Licia-only win? Although most don't care if it's a harem end.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, some of the Japanese tags such as this "Mutiple Heroine" are made to give authors leeway to measure how much support fans have on certain developments(romance, revenge etc) in order for them to adjust the story.

They would have less room for maneuver otherwise gave it a regular "Harem" tag or "Monogamous" tag. So they would begin their stories as vague as possible in romance in order to draw as many fans as possible whether they be pro harem or not.

For example in the case of Mastermind, would you believe a good number of Japanese fans of this series prefer a Licia-only win? Although most don't care if it's a harem end.
I mean, I can understand not committing in the first half of the story; it makes a lot of sense to gauge the audience and adjust accordingly. I have no problem with authors doing this in the first half of the story.

I just don't like it when authors never commit to any girl in the end because the author is afraid of enraging fans of the other girls that were not picked. It's like authors can't decide on an ending, so they make the fans choose their own ideal fanfic ending.

We've only seen Licia so far in the story, and she's been an amazing endearing heroine from the very beginning that everyone can not help but love. I'm not surprised that Licia is a fan favorite. Heck, I would marry her, if I could. I'll have to wait and see how the other heroines are like before I can choose one over the other.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I can understand not committing in the first half of the story; it makes a lot of sense to gauge the audience and adjust accordingly. I have no problem with authors doing this in the first half of the story.

I just don't like it when authors never commit to any girl in the end because the author is afraid of enraging fans of the other girls that were not picked. It's like authors can't decide on an ending, so they make the fans choose their own ideal fanfic ending.

We've only seen Licia so far in the story, and she's been an amazing endearing heroine from the very beginning that everyone can not help but love. I'm not surprised that Licia is a fan favorite. Heck, I would marry her, if I could. I'll have to wait and see how the other heroines are like before I can choose one over the other.
Fiona is...
a Yamato Nadeshiko, Who has a pretty good sister-like relationship with Licia despite their supposed love rivalry.
But either way, this author has an ok to good romance record from his other works especially his other major work Maseki Gurume.
Also don't worry.
In the WN, Licia still gets the lion's share of romantic moments and developments to the point I see the odds as like 40% Harem end, 40% Licia win. 15% Fiona win and 5% Klonoa win. It's almost impossible for Licia come up empty handed.

Dex-chan lover
Massive thanks to the translator.
Animated Glitch Scans sadly have a bad policy of starting works and not continuing them all even if they get a good response.
+ delaying the chapters on mangadex for months at times.

Users who are viewing this thread