Most horrible anime you´ve ever seen

i know i am gonna catch hell for this but i think the worse anime of all time is dragon ball. visually great but to repeative with the stories thur all the versions. for gods sake they should have stop with z...

Group Leader
For me, if it’s from the past year it’d be the anime adaptation of Eighth Son...Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Desho

Take a slightly better than average isekai novel, make a middling manga interpretation of that, while condensing arcs to fit within a manga’s chapter structure.

Then using the already middling manga adaptation, throw in some “original” overused-gags, and even more time compression that crams some tens of the manga’s chapters into random episodes, while performing a half-hearted reinterpretation of an already condensed reinterpretation of the novel and you end up with a mess that even I , a self-admitted isekai junkie, wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole controlled via bluetooth.

I’d sooner watch Grave of the Fireflies and feel depressed for a week again than watch 8th son’s anime

Fed-Kun's army
Mine is Boku no Pico, maybe because I went into it expecting something else but I was thoroughly disgusted.

But I think objectively Hands Shakers is the worst

@nobodygattaknow the dub was good in terms of comedy tho

I don't know why everyone seems to love it, but the DanMachi anime is one of the worst things I've ever watched.
But, well, I guess you have to watch garbage every now and then to keep in mind what's really good.

Dex-chan lover
i think jojo part 4. i dont really watch as much anime as I watch manga. So im pretty picky.

i'd probably also say most of david pro's adaption of jojo. It's very clear on what series they like vs what they want to plow through. Part 4 was very sloppy after part 3, and how much effort and detail went into part 5 really says to me that they did not want to do part 4, or just didnt want to put in the effort. Esp since they were also working on Hataraku Saibou at the same time.

I am certain there are some obscure anime out there that are way worse than any of those we named. But if we go for anime that people actually know, and beside cheap Isekai trash, I would elect Black Clover as the most horrible anime garbage.

Fairy Tales was already a stupid shonen cliché that took the worst of One Piece and Naruto, but Black Clover made it seem almost good in comparison. The manga was already bad, but the over the top voice acting made the protagonist impossible to endure. The "hyperactive screaming protagonist with 2 brain cells" trope should've died with Naruto.

Ok so nobody is mentioning Infinite Stratos? That anime was sewer garbage. Even School days was fascinating to watch when Makoto died.

Dex-chan lover
I've seen a lot of crap, but Maken-ki takes the toilet crown for worst anime I've ever had the displeasure of starting back when I binged fanservice battle harems. Far worse than Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan, which is barely animated (especially during the god-awful fight scenes) at all to the point I thought it was done by Ptooey Animation.

It takes genuine skill and vision, on par with the great craftsmen and engineers like Da Vinci, to make a fanservice-only anime with the worst fanservice scenes possible. Every female character that isn't the tsundere blonde (best girl) has deformed anatomy and animations that only works at turning the viewer's backup brain off. It's one of the rare cases where I dropped an anime.

Hard to remember the worst, but +1 for School Days.

@sterven
niceboat3.jpg

OMGG you just brought back a repressed memory. I remember coming across the name assuming it would be wholesome.
But another bad one would be kissXsis

Diabolik Lovers S2 — not that S1 was much better, but at least it had a plot. S2 was apparently only meant to be a buildup to S3, which never got made. There is absolutely nothing of value in it. Ugly character designs, lazy animation, worst characters I've ever seen, and ZERO plot.

Dishonorable mentions:
Happy Sugar Life (trash I watched on 1.5x speed and still felt like a slog)
Kaijuu no Kodomo (pretentious crap).

Dex-chan lover
Good shows end wisely,
bad ones die off early on,
trashy ones don't end.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of those I've watched are really bad animes in terms of many things, I tend to forget having watched them until I accidentally rewatched them some time later.
As for last year's, Kamitachi ni Hirowareta Otoko is holding the crown because as long as I have known anime, they are supposed to harmoniously look like they have the same art style throughout and not like some dozens of people separately draw every 5 seconds as free as they like with their own individual style.

Users who are viewing this thread