Moto-Sekai Ichii Sub-chara Ikusei Nikki ~Hi-Player, Isekai wo Kouryaku-chu!~

let's just say if the new slave was a black person probably all hell would break loose in this fragile fandom

Dropping this. Why do so many isekais have the MC be totally OK with slavery? For once, can we get an MC who encounters slavery and their first reaction is wanting to abolish it? You know, like a normal human being?

I really like this series, it's nice to see a MC who isn't OP from the beginning, but rather has the knowledge and determination to become one.
BTW I love SIlvia!!

@thanto_
Because getting offended and trying to abolish slavery because of modern morality would be a waste of time and stupid.
If you go to some place that has a different cultural value system than you do, you roll with it, you don't fight it. Those who fight it make enemies very quickly and are seen as annoying.

To put it simple, imagine try to convince everyone on the entire modern planet that women should be treated like they did 500 years ago, do you seriously think that would end well?
You might think that whatever you are preaching is morality right and expected of a "normal human being" but to everyone else, you will look like a madman.

Dex-chan lover
@thanto_ the only reason why slavery was stopped in this planet is because of the invention of machine

though I do find slavery in this kind of setting a bit unrealistic usually only using them for entertainment and I have no Idea where they source their slaves do they have like a colony where they can get slaves how do they get other race as slave without causing a war ? do they have a scheduled invasion on neighboring countries for their slaves ?

well I have not read this manga specifically but if they are in constant war with multiple countries or have a colony then yeah but most of the time this is a question for most Isekai with slavery among Isekai GATE is quite realistic with how they use slave but then again author based it on how Romans did it. |

I'll edit when I read this which is today if I didn't then yeah opinion did not change

@thanto_ because it easy for writer to make a slave character and make the MC the master instead of creating an actual backstory that makes sense.

Fed-Kun's army
When will writters understand that Harem isnt fun anyone?

Its so cliche at this point

Double-page supporter
Alright, I don't care if this comment gets hate.
The MC killing himself because his WoW account got hacked is peak zoomer. He's lived life free of consequences, and kills himself after encountering hardship for the first time...
This entitled little shit didn't deserve to be reincarnated.

@greatninja3 They probably get slaves the same way everyone else got slaves. They either conquered their neighbors or their own people to use as slave a la Greek and Roman style or they went to a different continent and bought slaves from the war lords and rulers there a la Arabian-Saharan and Trans-Atlantic trade. There's also the option of enslaving your people and neighbors for a limited or permanent time span via debt-slavery or indentured servitude which was popular in Europe in the Middle Ages and Renaissance or simply buying slaves from nearby countries that already had whatever system implemented like the United States did. Slavery was the norm and a very useful tool as an essentially free unlimited supply of labor for the majority of human history, so people came up with clever, efficient, and often peaceful ways of obtaining them. I'm not saying that this fact makes slavery not one of the worst concepts to ever touch this planet, but also a majority of the time an ethnic group usually enslaved their own people or their direct neighbors and then traded them with foreigners.

@MrMcNasty Your comment is really funny and now I'm definitely going to read this.

@MrMcNasty
I think are misunderstanding his take on life.

He didn't kill himself because someone deleted his "wow character" but rather he lost everything that he had invested his life on.

Remember in today's world, gaming isn't for just fun, there is competitive gaming, and those guys can make more money that the average person, since they push all their time and effort into gaming.

This story take place in the future, in which the MC is the best competitive player, who just lost everything he had worked on, of course he would feel despair.

Imaging yourself spending decades in trying to become a doctor, only to one day permanently lose your license due to "an error" outside your control, and now you have nothing; it might not be the same thing to you, but to the MC is was exactly the same.

Double-page supporter
@Jzc136
Then that only further solidifies how much of an idiot the MC is. He invested his entire life into something that's inherently intangible.
If a doctor loses his license, he still has the knowledge and ability to help people. A gamer who loses everything is just a NEET. Gaming is a time-wasting activity. It was created for leisure. Investing all of your time, money, and energy in a leisure activity is, quite literally, a waste. If he was a streamer, he could still make money from that. If he was a truly competitive player, he could enter lower tier tournaments and work his way back to the top. But no, he was a worthless no-lifer who lost his inventory of pay to win gear, so he killed himself.

I'd have at least some pity for him if he killed himself because he was the best person in the world at giving handjobs but suddenly lost the use of his hands.

Users who are viewing this thread