My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - Eye of the Storm

That's why i mentioned in my previous post that how Nanase reacting to all of this is the most unrealistic part of the story. She almost got her girlfriend fingered right infront of her but she somehow didn't even flinch lol. And she accepted her back right away as well. It is just bad writing imo unless she is some sort of NTR enthusiast like i said.
That's certainly a way to look at it. But for me (and probably some other people) her behavior always come across as a little bit self-centered/narcissistic. So it's very in her character to want to "correct what she has done wrong", aka get yuni back and put most of the blame of Fukko. After all she is as immature as Fukko and Yuni in handling relationships, just maybe not with much self-destructive tendencies like the other two.

It's pretty hard to explain the psychology behind Nanase's behavior in the last chapter and I don't think I can clearly convey what I mean. But after all we do have plenty of real live examples where a person gets mad at the other man/woman (first) rather than their partner, which I think is a reasonable comparison.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
As much as Yuni & Nanase are cute, and no matter how great they look together... I feel fucking bad for Fuuko.
This is such a time ticking bomb, and I really want Fuuko to come on top. I can't see the other two become happy. Ever.
And as much as I dislike Namase, it's gonna be painful when she'll realise it.
Anyways, thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
You must be a child.

Both of them were in the wrong. Yuni for be a cheating pos and Fuuko for inciting it knowing full well that she was already taken and in a relationship. I don't care if they love each other. Yuni could have dumped Nanase and then gotten with Fuuko but she didn't. She resorted to cheating because she's weak minded and a scumbag like all cheaters. Fuuko is just as much as a scumbag for not waiting until the two broke up to try and get with Yuni. Your way of thinking is wrong. Grow up.
i must be a child? is this ur way of insulting because of ur horrible morals or what? yes, yuni is wrong i said that but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t deserve a happy ending. you look at cheaters like murderers get a grip be realistic. u clearly got cheated on and look it’s okay! u won’t die! learn to improve yourself and get over it. yuni got enticed to no ends she’s still young and a lesbian woman a concept you’ll never get. u won’t understand their way of thinking. have some damn empathy. and fuuko, she didn’t even really do anything wrong at all. she had nothing to lose by getting in between them, can’t you see that she already has abandonment issues and now she’s getting treated like that? ur vicious for calling her a scumbag. she loves yuni and she loves HARD, it’s a shame that all came in between them but im sure it’ll work out. but at the end i do agree with you that yuni should’ve broken it off 100% when she cheated or even before she did but it’s hard. you’ll understand when you truly love two people it’s hard to lose one. i do hate her victim blaming though. but saying my way of thinking is wrong is absurd, who do u think u are to police my morals? maybe you’re the one who needs to grow up. be more open minded asshole.

Double-page supporter
Yes, yes, relationship drama go brrr, but Yuni honestly needs to get herself close platonic friends. Sitting outside the gym without anyone to hang out with is obviously miserable, and she doesn't want to go in and watch the team practice, so just find friends to pass the time with?? I get that she's supposed to be isolated to make her receptive to Fuuko's influence but goddamn does she need company that's not completely wrapped up in the drama. Either that or a hobby that's not cheating on her girlfriend.

Double-page supporter
Totally this! Her lonileness could be alleviated or not have even gotten to this point if she actually had meaning outside her relationship

Dex-chan lover
It will for them, obviously. Doesn't matter though because both of them are pieces of shit and if you root for them then... well you know where I'm going with it :)
It sounds like you’re going with you fully judge people based on their fictional characters preferences, which is very stupid

Dex-chan lover
Finally got caught up (took a binge, actually)

Those two deserve each other, nothing good about Yuki even if she’s mostly just your typical teenage girl. Nanase isn’t that great of a girlfriend but she has her priorities and just need to balance her life.

But like she has nothing going for her aside from being a cheater, she doesn’t even believe in having friends.

After this chapter, the route seems pretty clear that she’ll just go back to being toxic and cheating again (and decide to not break up with Nanase while having ruined her trust with Fuuka)

I posted on an early chapter and it hasn’t really been relevant since but I dislike the trope of Fuuka being so cartoonishly perfect that she’s a rich e-celeb and has the best grades in the country, it just gets ridiculous.

Dex-chan lover
It will for them, obviously. Doesn't matter though because both of them are pieces of shit and if you root for them then... well you know where I'm going with it :)

The mangaka recognizes that the story and the characters are toxic:

"It's a very unhealthy yuri."
"Yuni encapsulates everything I picture when I say 'women are a pain in the ass'."
"Well then, here's the disturbing trash yuri, KyouKano." (vol. 1 afterword)
"When you have a girlfriend, you should face your issues seriously." (vol. 3 afterword)

But at the same time, she doesn't condemn the characters, and sometimes talks about them affectionately. She also admits that she enjoys creating a story about cheating:

"I want to draw a yuri with cheating." [...] "A girl with a girlfriend cheating on her with another girl. It's perfect, right? Right?"
"Since there's going to be cheating, there's no such thing as good girls or bad girls."
"I hope that you will continue to read it with love while peeking at these girls' annoying cuteness." (vol. 1 afterword)
"All of the girlfriends were crying, so, naturally, I ended up being drawn into their feelings."
"I hope that you will keep watching gently over the girlfriends." (vol. 4 afterword)

The creator doesn't think that the characters are "pieces of shit", or that they don't deserve happiness. Which means that by rooting for them to find happiness, I'm just engaging with the story as it is intended.

Dex-chan lover
If it were rocket science there wouldn't be any more people cheating lol. Psychology is a hell of mess.
You are excusing peoples behavior. It really isn't rocket science. People who do it know it's wrong deep inside but some of them get off by it (fucking psychopaths if you ask me) and some just don't give a shit about consequences of their own actions.

Dex-chan lover
It sounds like you’re going with you fully judge people based on their fictional characters preferences, which is very stupid
If you like something, even if fictional, it resonates on who you are as a person. It's like saying, you liked what Hitler stood for but oh no it's okay because you didn't live in that time period.

Dex-chan lover
The mangaka recognizes that the story and the characters are toxic:

But at the same time, she doesn't condemn the characters, and sometimes talks about them affectionately. She also admits that she enjoys creating a story about cheating:

The creator doesn't think that the characters are "pieces of shit", or that they don't deserve happiness. Which means that by rooting for them to find happiness, I'm just engaging with the story as it is intended.
Of course that the mangaka won't think their work is bad or their characters are bad.. it's their manga that is making them money.. so hello? That was a stupid way of trying to excuse yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread