My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 - Eye of the Storm

Banned
I don't know. This chapter gives me the feeling that Yuni's gonna dump Nanase and try to go back with Fuuko. Whether Fuuko takes her back is up in the air, but if she does, I would call that a relatively happy ending.
Fuuko will take her back just long enough to murder Yuni so that she never has to worry about being abandoned by her ever again. She is not a healthy person.

Dex-chan lover
"LOL NO" is not an argument. Care to elaborate?
yuni is just lonely, deppressed (not exactly sure if shes depressed, but i think we all can tell that her mental health just aint it), closeted 16 yo. she can't be dishonest, cuz she still doesn't understand her feelings. when i was 16 i had shit for a brain.

the truth is, u can talk all u want, but if u had partner like nanase i doubt u would done any different. having partner that doesn't give a shit abt u is just a different level of hurt. it can really messed u up, both ur confidence and mental health in general.

if u had choice between a person that absolutely doesnt care abt u, and a person that actually do and think abt u (even if its at superficial layer) i dont think u would be any different than yuni lmao

nanase is a type of person i hate the most. what she did hurted yuni a lot, and she still had audacity to come and say "no, its mine now". like wtf? she literally acted more closer with her friend than her GF.

sb said that in comments in older chapter, but lemme repeat this:

nanase is the only character that werent punished by her actions. yuni and fuuko were (and still are), but nanase didnt. this shit is unfair af

Dex-chan lover
nanase is the only character that werent punished by her actions. yuni and fuuko were (and still are), but nanase didnt. this shit is unfair af
She got lied to, cheated on and had her girlfriend almost got fucked right infront of her. Despite all of this, she still accepted her back (wrong move, as we've seen in this chapter) No matter how guilty you think she is, i don't see how you can say she was not punished in any way. Or do you perhaps consider future trust issues which will most likely stem from this later on in life are not really a thing? Most unrealistic part of the story is Nanase's reaction to all of this tbh.

Yuni is your typical attention seeking dishonest cheater. It is not so 2deep4u situation like some people here would like to think. Girls like her are dime a dozen and there is literally no justification for cheating. Being 16yo doesn't exempt anyone from the responsiblities of a relationship. She made her bed and time to lay in it.

This unreasonable hate for Nanase is really something else. To the point that people trying to justify a fucking cheater acting like there is some deep and overly complicated reason behind it. So what happened? She didn't give enough attention to her girlfriend whilealso facing the same issues with coming out. What her gf did? Cucked her right infront of her eyes. If anything, Nanase is guilty of having no spine because she didn't leave two obviously dysfunctional people to their own devices. But that too will bite her in the ass in very near future. Maybe she has a ntr fetish who knows at this point.

Dex-chan lover
I dunno, I see this as a "too late" type of situation.

Nanase is finally doing what she originally promised to do (twice). She's balancing her time better and not blowing Yuni off for extra club practice anymore, she isn't treating her like they barely know each other at school, and she's willing to act more like a couple in public and do the matching thing.

Unfortunately, Fuuko showed Yuni just how unhappy she actually was with Nanase
Thinking on it a little more for Nanase's side of things, on the "Nanase is playing 4D chess to get back at Yuni" bit, I don't think its that deep.

She had that epiphany when she went on her theme park date with Yuki that she didn't really behave like Yuni's girlfriend and is trying to make up for that now. So personally I think she took Yuni back, less out of love, but more out of guilt and obligation.

Both of them are trying to keep this dead relationship alive rather than just ending it

Dex-chan lover
If Fuuko and Yuni somehow manage to become a happy couple, that will be a happy ending for them, even if it makes you unhappy.
It will for them, obviously. Doesn't matter though because both of them are pieces of shit and if you root for them then... well you know where I'm going with it :)

Double-page supporter
Nothing happy about that ending lol yall are something else
yes it is happy hello are you lowk dense.. yuni and fuuko clearly love eachother, a lot of things happened yes but fuuko was never really in the wrong in any of it. yuni definitely was wrong though for cheating but it can be understood since she was enticed to no ends. if fuuko and yuni got together it’s the best ending they could have, they understand eachother and will be good for eachother long term

Group Leader
man yuni really just sucks, and nanase is an idiot for really just sticking with her like that

i hope that changes soon and she stops being so spineless, yuni doesn't deserve a second chance
this story really just took a nosedive which is very disappointing
reads manga whose main plot point is the protagonist cheating on her girlfriend and not being a very good person, which has already been made clear ages ago
"wtf!!! protagonist sucks!!! this manga is going off the rails!!!!"

my guy...

Dex-chan lover
reads manga whose main plot point is the protagonist cheating on her girlfriend and not being a very good person, which has already been made clear ages ago
"wtf!!! protagonist sucks!!! this manga is going off the rails!!!!"

my guy...

In his/her defence it’s been like two months since the last update so its somewhat understandable they didn’t immediately remember this is a colossal trainwreck manga!

Yuni is your typical attention seeking dishonest cheater. It is not so 2deep4u situation like some people here would like to think. Girls like her are dime a dozen and there is literally no justification for cheating. Being 16yo doesn't exempt anyone from the responsiblities of a relationship. She made her bed and time to lay in it.
I agree with what you said but I think you misunderstood why people hate Nanase. Her actions are definitely justified but that does prevent her from being hated.

Although I would very much disagree with the way Yuni handles relationships, the way Nanase handles relationship clearly isn't really helpful to Yuni's own problems. This together with how Nanase hangs with the club manager, plus the fact the the manga is mainly written from Yuni's POV, can easily make people hate Nanase if they can relate to Yuni's emotion problems to a certain degree.

No matter how guilty you think she is, i don't see how you can say she was not punished in any way.
I think a more precise description would be that Nanase "suffers" the least emotionally among the three, at least the manga makes it seem like this way. For Yuni and Fukko, they are suffereing even when they're "happy" (like Yuni in this chapter, or when they go on the trip). Nanase is also oblivious to the whole situation most of the time, so it's hard for some person like me to get emotionally attached to her. Plus in situations where she did experience emtional turmoil, her way of dealing with it usually puts her in a even less likable place for those who already sympathetic towards Yuni.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
yes it is happy hello are you lowk dense.. yuni and fuuko clearly love eachother, a lot of things happened yes but fuuko was never really in the wrong in any of it. yuni definitely was wrong though for cheating but it can be understood since she was enticed to no ends. if fuuko and yuni got together it’s the best ending they could have, they understand eachother and will be good for eachother long term
You must be a child.

Both of them were in the wrong. Yuni for be a cheating pos and Fuuko for inciting it knowing full well that she was already taken and in a relationship. I don't care if they love each other. Yuni could have dumped Nanase and then gotten with Fuuko but she didn't. She resorted to cheating because she's weak minded and a scumbag like all cheaters. Fuuko is just as much as a scumbag for not waiting until the two broke up to try and get with Yuni. Your way of thinking is wrong. Grow up.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with what you said but I think you misunderstood why people hate Nanase. Her actions are definitely justified but that does prevent her from being hated.

Although I would very much disagree with the way Yuni handles relationships, the way Nanase handles relationship clearly isn't really helpful to Yuni's own problems. This together with how Nanase hangs with the club manager, plus the fact the the manga is mainly written from Yuni's POV, can easily make people hate Nanase if they can relate to Yuni's emotion problems to a certain degree.
Yea thats the only thing Nanase was in the wrong. Priorities weren't in the right order for her. She's definitely the least bad one by a long ass mile though compared to the other two.

Dex-chan lover
I think a more precise description would be that Nanase "suffers" the least emotionally among the three, at least the manga makes it seem like this way.
That's why i mentioned in my previous post that how Nanase reacting to all of this is the most unrealistic part of the story. She almost got her girlfriend fingered right infront of her but she somehow didn't even flinch lol. And she accepted her back right away as well. It is just bad writing imo unless she is some sort of NTR enthusiast like i said.

Dex-chan lover
Yall can quote me on this:
Yuni will cheat on Nanase again, next chapter will end with Yuni and Fuuko getting it on again.

Also: Nanase is cooking up some shit frfr. No way she just accepts someone back into her life after they cheat on her this bad.

Users who are viewing this thread