Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai

Someone know the novel chapter when
he met the knights and like the black one was happy that harold wasnt too afraid of him?

I've read most of the WN chapters and going back to it just makes me confused. Guess this will come in handy to keeping up with the history.
Also, the author seems to be spending a shit ton of time just reposting random idols on twitter, so it might go into hiatus if it catches up.
I was also the one who drew the bad fanart on a notebook for him on twitter btw. Maybe I should try remaking it virtually now that I have an art program for my PC.

Maybe I am too lazy to read carefully but it just doesn't make much sense. It's trying to be smart but the plans and plot don't seem natural at all. It's just conveniences left and right.

Why does MC only say rude things? Because it's an in-universe rule. No explanation.
Why does MC insist on following the original plot of the game? To avoid death flags? Is everything supposed to be predestined? Is that even explained in the story? Does MC have no free will or something?
Why does MC just give out LP fairly? Because it's nice? If he is worried about people going hungry, the crops are going to be sold on the market anyway. It makes no difference if one person is selling or several.
Why does MC refuse to take credit that he saved the women? Because his father would question him? Is this even a bad thing? Couldn't his father just change his mind rather seeing his son's mercy? I doubt that his father would think he got replaced by someone else because even the story says that sort of magic doesn't exist.

@f0xhunt You clearly didn't pay much attention to the story at all. First and foremost, it's already explained that it's going to be the protag's party who would be fighting the last boss and save the world from destruction. So if he wants to stay alive further on, the main protag and his party would have to be in top geared condition, which at the very least, gain all of the dependable allies. And if he didn't take action like he did just now, that wouldn't happen.

The reasons for the LP distribution are also already explain a lot in these later chapters so I'm not gonna bother explaining.

It's also clearly stated that he needs to be a spoiled brat in front of his parents who were greedy and weren't believe in human rights, in order to trick them that he's just a kid who act only on his interests. So that they wouldn't know about the LP or any other plans he would be making, and potentially saves the lives of soldiers and the butler who helped him in that event.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is exemplary for the Isekaied-into-specific-storygame genre. An 8 as a normal manga and a 10/10 for its genre.

Dex-chan lover
> Why does MC only say rude things? Because it's an in-universe rule. No explanation.

Maybe there is an explanation later on?
The original Harold does seem to live inside him, as MC sometimes frees him when he needs to use all the power of his body

> Why does MC insist on following the original plot of the game? To avoid death flags? Is everything supposed to be predestined? Is that even explained in the story? Does MC have no free will or something?

This is a story based on a game setting, it's not a Demon King vs Hero plot, neither is it a slow life either plot, much less an eroge/otome game.

If you played such RPG games you would know that usually, they are about saving the world, be it Final Fantasy, or be it a "Tales of" which the story is based. In case you never played any Tales of games, the battle system of the original games were like a fighting game where you could move on a 2D plane and freely attack enemies on that space, which is also why he trains his combos. The game battle system was not based ATB, much less was it Turn Based.

As such, the world is gonna be destroyed if the villain isn't destroyed first, and MC knows it, he also doesn't know if he would be capable of defeating the villain himself since, story wise, he is part of the Villain's side. However, he knows that the original Hero will be able to do it.

> Why does MC just give out LP fairly? Because it's nice? If he is worried about people going hungry, the crops are going to be sold on the market anyway. It makes no difference if one person is selling or several.

As aerist said, his parents are the typical arrogant noble villains, and so is Harold. He is using that game knowledge to prepare a hidden trump card for himself, while at the same time controlling the damage of the backstory.

> Why does MC refuse to take credit that he saved the women? Because his father would question him? Is this even a bad thing? Couldn't his father just change his mind rather seeing his son's mercy? I doubt that his father would think he got replaced by someone else because even the story says that sort of magic doesn't exist.

Collete, the maid's child, is the childhood friend of the Hero. Originally her mother had been killed, and she fled alone, being adopted by the Hero's parents. Collete was raised resenting Harold, and is part of her motivation fighting Harold, however, more important than that, Collete is Liner's Childhood Friend, and needed to somehow live together with them for when the main story starts, as she is the first party member.

Erika too joins the Hero's party as their Healer, her backstory is that she is Harold's fiancee, but they were on opposite sides in this story. Disliking Harold is part of her motivation towards her game version, hence Harold wishes to raise his distance from her, and to make sure that she dislikes him. As you know now however, that failed, but keep in mind, Harold does not know it failed, only the reader knows.

Hopefully you understand from the previous point that they are necessary assets to the Hero's Party, and without them, it's doubtful if the story can progress the same, or if the party would be able to reach enough strength to defeat the boss and save the world. Their motivations are also relevant, so their relationship with the Hero is important, in Erika's case, since she is a late party member, her relationship with Harold is more important.

If MC's parents learned about what MC did, far from just "questioning" him, that would risk Harold losing his foothold in the house, and he needs that. Even if we were to think the impossibility of positive thinking in this case, it would also be a problem if they meddled with the two, for example, even if they were to pardon her and ask her to return, do remember that Collete NEEDS to be part of the Hero's Party, meaning, such twist could ruin the salvation of the world.

It's better to keep the plot going as externally intact as possible to be able to predict what the villain will do (That he has not met yet in the manga), instead of destroying the plot and making the villain completely unpredictable.

Can you understand that, if that villain is not killed, the world will be destroyed?

now that i'm re-reading this, i fucking hate that yuno spy or whatever her name is

erica is mostly just a bother to see but not unbearable

I was hesitant to start since there's alot of shitty isekais these days but id say this gets a pass. Its no masterpiece but id say its overall rather interesting. Setting is good and enjoyable. If i have one complaint i wouldve prefered to see Parent's cruelity first hand. Since we've only been told that they are bad but theyre yet to do anything that makes you say ''oh wow they suck'' except for the first thing at the start. I mean we've only seen them being a lovely couple and loving parents. Not exactly qualities of evil xD

Users who are viewing this thread