Osananajimi Kanojo no Morahara ga Hidoin de Zetsuen Sengen shite Yatta - Vol. 3 Ch. 25

Dex-chan lover
Can one of his girl friends take one for them and beat the absolute shit out of Hanabi?

Dex-chan lover
Damn this is some of the coolest mc ever. I wish more manga have cool mc and friends like these and less of one of those rental kanojo type of useless, panicky, no growth and constantly nosebleeding mc.

Dex-chan lover
so what is her plan here? That he will come back to her after calling him an abuser. The optics on that is wild.

Nah, one of his female friends needs to just take out the trash on this one.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I was shocked he even mentioned that she abused him.
Yeah, there are rarely guys who come up front about getting abused by his girlfriend/wife, but the response to that is usually either publicly emasculating him for being weak, or 'he probably deserved it for pissing her off' or something similar. That's why most guys don't ever speak up about their conflicts with their girls, bears with the abuse, and doesn't take it anymore to the point that he unalives himself (and there are more of those on the men's side than the women's in statistics).

So even if many people didn't believe the MC, just having him speak the truth was a breath of fresh air. He said his piece, and chooses to continue on his life without going any further into the subject of fighting his ex off. He clearly shows he wants nothing to do with her and makes every attempt to avoiding her, so anything that happens to her after that has nothing to do with him. What the public hears and does with that information is at their own discretion.

It's also good that his friends from class are there to stick up for him, because if the ex tries something that frames him, he can rely on his friends to serve as his witnesses, which may be necessary, but I kind of doubt MC will lean on them for that support if the spoilers from other commenters hinted anything.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, there are rarely guys who come up front about getting abused by his girlfriend/wife, but the response to that is usually either publicly emasculating him for being weak, or 'he probably deserved it for pissing her off' or something similar. That's why most guys don't ever speak up about their conflicts with their girls, bears with the abuse, and doesn't take it anymore to the point that he unalives himself (and there are more of those on the men's side than the women's in statistics).

So even if many people didn't believe the MC, just having him speak the truth was a breath of fresh air. He said his piece, and chooses to continue on his life without going any further into the subject of fighting his ex off. He clearly shows he wants nothing to do with her and makes every attempt to avoiding her, so anything that happens to her after that has nothing to do with him. What the public hears and does with that information is at their own discretion.

It's also good that his friends from class are there to stick up for him, because if the ex tries something that frames him, he can rely on his friends to serve as his witnesses, which may be necessary, but I kind of doubt MC will lean on them for that support if the spoilers from other commenters hinted anything.
You speak like a MGTOW. For what it's worth, I approve.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I don't like the writing of character whose sole purpose is just to be annoying and be hated by the audience. And yeah in this case it's Hanabi's writing.

But y'know watching his friends always got his bacc is really soothin not gonna lie and really overpowered my dislike towards Hanabi's character writing.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I kinda get it but I feel like this could have been resolved with the basic logic of "I broke up with her yeah, but it was when I still had long hair and long before I was popular." instead of giving one word answers to her elaborate story. At the very least a one sentence answer of "wtf is this story, I broke up with her in chapter one and didn't get popular until many chapters after that."

Also I'm kinda not sure on what the story is going for anymore. Like it feels... done to me. I mean the MC is happy and contempt being himself having gotten over his ex. The Ex, isn't really doing anything of note anymore. At this point it's just on the level of Spy vs Spy gags. Either the story properly moves on and focuses on the MC's new life or it should just stop. The premise has already been resolved by this point. Like what else is left? It's been made clear the ex isn't going to get a chance to say "whoopsie, I'm actually madly in love with you and just really possessive and a teenager who lacks basic maturity and I probably have some mental health and/or trauma issues." and they get back together. The Manga has even drawn out her awakening to reality. Like just get it over with.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I don't like the writing of character whose sole purpose is just to be annoying and be hated by the audience. And yeah in this case it's Hanabi's writing.

But y'know watching his friends always got his bacc is really soothin not gonna lie and really overpowered my dislike towards Hanabi's character writing.
I feel like when it started off Hanabi had a chance to be an interesting tragic character. In the sense that she herself is a teenager whose in love for the first time and doesn't really know what to do with those emotions. It wouldn't be the first time someone her age made poor and selfish decisions not realizing the damage they caused until it was too late. I think giving her straight consequences and no redemption but just a realization could have been nice writing. Instead it's been drawn out far past it's expiration date and in all this time she hasn't really been shown to be anything more than an awful person. Like she's not even been shown as a real human being. It feels like a discredit to both the story and her character. Especially because they keep dragging her out as the antagonist which leads to literally basically the same storyline each time.

Dex-chan lover
This is starting to get downright painful to read, and its all because of Hanabi. This manga has already dropped into the bad ratings for me, and I'm struggling to not piledrive my rating of it to horrible or to outright appalling, and I've been able to mostly keep going through a different manga that is only a couple pages long per chapter, with a visibly underaged TS girl that is bordering on intimately dating her significantly older brother.

Users who are viewing this thread