Otona ni Narenai Bokura wa - Ch. 3 - Fireworks

Dex-chan lover
Tried everything to get out the loop.
probably escaped the country, did crazy stuff, changed events, outed themsevles as loopers.
Never fucked once in literally decades.
This two are retarded, not even doing it out of curiosity or boredom? Insanity.

Group Leader
Yeah, the time loop will end when they kiss.
And because the protagonist keeps cockblocking himself, this will drag on for a while.

Dex-chan lover
It really seems like FMC is only a virgin because of the time loop. I imagine it's not comfortable for her to lose her virginity every day she decides to have sex, but maybe it's something she gets used to after some repetitions of the time loop. Let's see if this will be covered in future chapters.

Thanks for the chapter!
i mean if there's endless loops they might as well 'splurge' on sex toys and lubes and stuff to get used to it/foreplay and all that XD plus there's other pleasurable stuff that doesn't require standard penetration considering yuri couples and all that as well

Dex-chan lover
The dude feels like he's pussy footing around for no reason, it's on the tier of "genuine" man delaying it cause he wants to be sure of something he can't actually be sure of instead of going with the flow and complicating things.

Double-page supporter
If you are repeating the same day over and over, why even go to school?
Maybe it's a coping mechanism? Then again, some other things feel pretty generic, meaning there may be no reason for it 😔

Fed-Kun's army
...it would be pretty normal considering so many repeated loops driven her to suicide in the end. I imagine she went hard at it a few times at least.
I'd say her depression would be an amalgamation of a few distinct aspects, even if not completely clear-cut but affecting and feeding into each other:
  • helplessness and meaninglessness - has little bearing on wanting to have sex, and most likely to lead to suicide at least initially; her being called "suicide addict" makes me imagine a scenario where after the first few suicides failed to change anything, one could start to derive some form of enjoyment or variation from them, shifting the reason for the suicides away from this aspect and more towards alleviating boredom - but that might also have been said just in jest, there's not been enough content to convince me she was really that far gone yet.
  • loneliness - might lead her to try sex with someone she liked from before the loop, or even develop feelings for someone that she didn't like but that likes her and tries to woo her every iteration now if they meet; however, there's been no indication she has anyone like that; and even if she did, the constant repetition and predictability of their interactions might still ruin the mood and feelings necessary for her to go that far, expose her or their feelings as superficial or in other ways convince her that it will not alleviate her loneliness before she's done it.
  • boredom - might make her go for physical pleasure with random people, among all other things in life she could try to squeeze enjoyment out of; however, it is not a guarantee she would go that far; and the likelihood drops a lot if the other aspects of her depression were stronger.

Anyway, the blurb above is just me pondering a similar situation in general. In the specific case we have here, it's pointless to speculate since she's expressly denied it and I didn't get the impression she was referring to just "pre-loop" or would hide behind the "it reset so it doesn't count" excuse.

Last edited:
It really seems like FMC is only a virgin because of the time loop. I imagine it's not comfortable for her to lose her virginity every day she decides to have sex, but maybe it's something she gets used to after some repetitions of the time loop. Let's see if this will be covered in future chapters.

Thanks for the chapter!
Ain't she a gravure/swimsuit model of some sort? I think what she meant by protecting the v-card is to resist all kinds of temptation in the showbiz world that would make her lose the v-card.

MD@Home
I find it horribly ironic that two characters discuss the meaning of youth in a series that fails so spectacularly at portraying youthful characters acting like how youthful characters usually act.

Dex-chan lover
Ain't she a gravure/swimsuit model of some sort? I think what she meant by protecting the v-card is to resist all kinds of temptation in the showbiz world that would make her lose the v-card.
I said that because she kind of hesitated to give him an answer. It could have been out of shame or maybe on one of the days of the time loop she had sex with someone. As time resets, she would technically still be a virgin.

Dex-chan lover
I'm more concerned about how we still know nothing about them personally outside of their relationship.
I think that’s just part of the setting. They’ve been looping for so long that their lives before it don’t really matter anymore.

I think he already said once that he can’t even remember what he had the night before the loop, so imagine that they’re steadily forgetting chunks of their previous lives with each loop.

Dex-chan lover
Everytime some baka male manga protagonist says "i want to take it slow" i wanna bash them.

Nice read btw, added to my list, thanks for the T/L

Fed-Kun's army
Everytime some baka male manga protagonist says "i want to take it slow" i wanna bash them.
So you're saying every male protagonist should just be a manwhore?

What do you feel about female characters that say the same?

I can't speak about you specifically, but I think most comments I've seen on various manga apply completely different standards to the genders in such situations, and would downright slut-shame girls for behaving like you want the MC to behave here. Even the FMC of this story hinted at this discrepancy when she compared their virginities based just on stereotypes about their genders, despite the two's behaviors pretty much proving the opposite - she easily offered hers to him and he was the one protecting his (or rather, protecting his understanding of morals and how relationships should work, but the effect is the same).

Dex-chan lover
So you're saying every male protagonist should just be a manwhore?

What do you feel about female characters that say the same?

I can't speak about you specifically, but I think most comments I've seen on various manga apply completely different standards to the genders in such situations, and would downright slut-shame girls for behaving like you want the MC to behave here. Even the FMC of this story hinted at this discrepancy when she compared their virginities based just on stereotypes about their genders, despite the two's behaviors pretty much proving the opposite - she easily offered hers to him and he was the one protecting his (or rather, protecting his understanding of morals and how relationships should work, but the effect is the same).
You don't have to be a manwhore to not be a complete cringelord who still spergs out over an indirect kiss after 50 chapters of dating.
Its an unnecessary and tiresome trope to cater to a highly annoying crowd. There is literally nothing wrong with having sex if you like the other person. And yes, this goes for both sides. I also can't stand the crowd that throws a spastic fit when a 8.5/10 girl dares to not keep her chastity intact for that super awkward self-insert manbaby. Generally speaking many mangas nowadays seem to be lacking a healthy and normal approach to love, sex and relationships that doesn't boil down to either turbo-chastitity or hyper haremshit.
Notable exceptions: Cigarette & Cherry as well as redlight Eligy (although the second isn't exactly new).

Fed-Kun's army
@vanCham
Well I must've missed the 50 chapters of dating or the part that made it clear he likes her any more than say the random glasses girl NPC she got jealous of.

More generally:
"There is literally nothing wrong with having sex if you like the other person". True. But it doesn't mean you HAVE TO.
There's a big gap between "nothing wrong with having sex" and your initial "i wanna bash them [if they don't]".
There's also nothing wrong with not having sex until you think you're old enough, or until you know what it means to like someone for something other than just their appearance, or until you know they also like you, or until any random condition you decide on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread