Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Damn, it's only the first chapter, but it already break my heart.

Fed-Kun's army
Anyone want to do some theorycraft with me?

MC is able to kill the rapist in his own home, the timespan ranged from immediately after the sister's suicide to several years (MC appears to be younger than 30)
So:
#1) Rapist has not been convicted yet, but is somehow allow to be out on bail despite accused of a violent crime against a minor.
#2) Rapist was tried and found not guilty. (Why was the MC only sentenced to 7 years if that's the case? Maybe because he was a minor?)
#3) Rapist was convicted, but served minimal time in prison and was released on probation early. (Seems unlikely due to severity of crime, as well as a lack of ankle monitor)

So which one do you think it is? Are there other possibilities? I'm leaning towards #2 since #1 and #3 doesnt seem to make a lot of sense. If #2 is indeed the case, yet the FL seems to believe her father was guilty, does it mean she either witnessed it or found out through other means?

Edit: #1 could be possible due to childcare needs, but does Japan not have social services that temporarily place children when their caretaker is in jail? If he is accused of offenses against a female minor, should it not be more reason to place the child in protective services?

Edit 2: I guess there is a #4 possibility, where MC killed the rapist before he was even accused, and a posthumourous trial for the rape resulted in a guilty verdict? Worse yet, what if the MC killed the rapist and prevented him from ever being found guilty?
Maybe that's why the people around the MC just calls him a murderer because they don't know the full story?
In that case, I'd have to say the MC kinda screwed himself over.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Edit 2: I guess there is a #4 possibility, where MC killed the rapist before he was even accused, and a posthumourous trial for the rape resulted in a guilty verdict? Worse yet, what if the MC killed the rapist and prevented him from ever being found guilty?
Maybe that's why the people around the MC just calls him a murderer because they don't know the full story?
In that case, I'd have to say the MC kinda screwed himself over.
I believe this is the case. He killed the teacher immediately. Even the Japanese police, as incompetent as they are, would have tracked down the rapist teacher. Similarly they also verified he was the rapist after Kazuma had killed him. That definitely played a big role in getting the dude out of the jail only after 7 years. Japanese housewives love their gossip, so naturally they would endlessly talk about a murder, regardless of the reasons it happened. It's not like they wouldn't have known the reason either since random people on the Internet knew it as well. However, for gossipers it hardly makes any difference, especially in a place like Japan, where one mustn't stand out (unless it's in really positive way that doesn't cause trouble for others).

I'm not sure how old Shiika was, but I guess maybe 6 when she witnessed the murder. 7 years later, she would be a middle schooler, with that middle school uniform. Kazuma looks kind of old, but that's what the grief, guilt, and prison would do to a man.

Dex-chan lover
NVIMlTW.gif
yeah, considering the Germans did it back in the day right? Up top!..no?....

Aggregator gang
While it's true some people might freak out, a lot of people should actually support the family and even consider the boy a hero....

Don't forget to show those people too.... after all, while he did kill... he killed the man who raped his sister....
The issue was, initially no one knew..
They heard about the murder before the r*pe case.
I can imagine the mother being harrassed for a few days until the full story was published.
Maybe after that everything calmed down but people would avoid her

Dex-chan lover
The issue was, initially no one knew..
They heard about the murder before the r*pe case.
I can imagine the mother being harrassed for a few days until the full story was published.
Maybe after that everything calmed down but people would avoid her

Um... Latest chapter shows a news paper clipping where the entire reason he got 7 years instead of 14+ years as expected was because the Judge preceding over the case was basically doing so because of compassion because of how understandable the crime was.

So, no, it's doubtful that people didn't know of the rape if that was a major point of his murder trial.

Dex-chan lover
Listen i hope and pray we can agree, the guy deserved and he should of gotten tortured even, and as The Punisher said
"I did it... because I liked it! Hell, I loved it! I'm sittin' here, I'm... I'm just itching. I'm itching to do it again. And you think... What, you think you're gonna send me to a nuthouse? Some doctor, they're gonna get me to stop from doing what I want to do? Well, that ain't happening!"

Double-page supporter
Do you know what the best deterrent is for rape? Especially pedophilic rape? Knowing that you'll get a bullet to the fucking head
And yet there still was/is all this crime in countries with death sentences, it doesn't actually seem to work the way you think.
Maybe because people tend to be emotional and mostly act on the moment and worry about consequences later.
It's so funny to read these comments on fictional stories, where we usually know exactly beyond any doubt who the culprit was, reality doesn't work that way.

Embarrassing, emotionally-manipulative doomer shit. Fuk u, Japan 😤😤😤😤😠😤

Double-page supporter
Way too fast! Such a shame. After reading this chapter I feel like this could have been one of those stories that are considered pure works of art, but the way some things were presented here were just too rushed. I like it so far, but I really wish it could have taken its time to establish things such as:
  • The relationship within the MC family
  • Why the brother was late that day in particular
  • The immediate aftermath after the MC murdered the teacher

Dex-chan lover
All rapist piece of shits deserve to die miserably after lots of suffering and torture. But I do feel sorry for the little girl

Dex-chan lover
Way too fast! Such a shame. After reading this chapter I feel like this could have been one of those stories that are considered pure works of art, but the way some things were presented here were just too rushed. I like it so far, but I really wish it could have taken its time to establish things such as:
  • The relationship within the MC family
  • Why the brother was late that day in particular
  • The immediate aftermath after the MC murdered the teacher
I can see that. This is a story that feels like it definitely is in an early draft and could be refined and enhanced with details and more time. Like the author clearly wants to get up to a healing moment quickly, but needs more imo

Double-page supporter
I can see that. This is a story that feels like it definitely is in an early draft and could be refined and enhanced with details and more time. Like the author clearly wants to get up to a healing moment quickly, but needs more imo
Yes, exactly! Before getting to the healing moment, you have to showcase why healing needs to happen in the first place. Also, It's a very difficult thing to describe so I didn't include it in my previous comment, but advancing the story or giving info to the reader through use of scenery and pacing is really important for these kind of works! What I'm asking doesn't have to be all just dialogue or internal monologues, panels displaying visual information are really good in transmitting this!

Dex-chan lover
nah. poor daughter but fuck that teacher. mc didn't do anything wrong

Japan is so odd when it comes to crimes that fall in a grey area. Even if you steal something minor the reactions will be overt. They’ll think the worst of you and constantly talk shit, while in America you could steal and mfs would just say you’re stupid and tell you to get a job. I think what MC did was wrong, but anybody wouldve done the same. Im not sure how stringent the law is around rape in Japan but assuming it isnt that heavy, I wouldnt hesitate to kill that mofo. At the same time though, feel bad for the little girl. Its just pain all around

Users who are viewing this thread