Saikyou Juzoku Tensei ~Cheat Majutsushi no Slow Life~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Double-page supporter
@Edjan :
Can you develop story with that kind of "threatening" event ?
Remember, the title says "Slow Life" ...
if MC causing any type of violence, not to mention at their family, the basic setting of this story already broken ...
(indeed there's point where MC snap out like in that dream, but that is NOT the main frame of this story)
any title with Slow Life, Nombiri, relaxing, etc ...
usually have powerful MC, but have "freedom" type of personality ...
(it give feeling, of "free play" or "sandbox" without too much "dark" theme at MC side, but usually their surrounding might act jerk toward MC or give trouble times to times ... in this case, usually MC will move out from one place to other, just like what MC in this story do)
Ex : "I said Make My Ability Average", "Isekai Tensei Soudouki", etc ...
with that example, I guess you can predict the frame type of story for this Story ...
(the story still goes on, and there are other variation in other story, so this Definition of Slow Life might change)
Too bad I can't find LN version to confirm if this theory of mine is valid or not in this story ...

if the setting is about "Revenge" / "Strongest" / "Hunter" / "Adventure" / "Tales for Greatness" etc ...
then any violence to the point of changing MC personality make sense ...
Ex : Arifureta, Dungeon Hunter, Tate Yuusha, etc ...
even with all that, changing personality need to be done as early as possible (better at starting point / arc), it will be freaking BAD if it's being done in the middle story ... It goes by EXTREME TRAUMA ...
even in Arifureta, the change of personality get "repaired" very slowly by each encounter ...
but it need to be reasonable and won't get extreme change like in 1st arc ...

Dex-chan lover
@yarielist Yeah, her intention were to make him come back, and stay. She did this by putting him in mortal danger. She gave him 2 choices, either come back or die. Not "please come back" or "I'll go with you". If he didn't want to come back, he'd be dead (if the merchant didn't come by). By her actions, she would rather he was dead than alive somewhere without her.

@Edjan I mean, he did leave a letter explaining his actions. Not his fault Gizel hid it. If he confronted them and threatened to leave, there's a risk a fight would have broken out regardless, or him getting crippled by Gizel so he couldn't leave. So either risk danger then leave, or just leave with almost no danger. Which seem better?

Dex-chan lover
....No one saw those Shadow at the end? istn that somthing to worry about...I mean a possesed Yandare cant be better for the main.... Maybee there still is a chance to made a somwhat happy end out off all this but if some strange shadows get involved....who knows.

Aggregator gang
That dream was a premonition. Gizel might become twisted. Its not funny anymore

Double-page supporter
@cor3zone :
yeah, if MC really threaten Gizel or other ...
Gizel will definitely do SOMETHING ... which most likely unpleasant ...
if MC threaten to leave, that's absurd ... since he is planning to go out of that place anyway ...
(regardless marriage or not, MC plan to leave the village ... That forced incest marriage is actually hasting his plan to leave the village)

also it even worse if MC married first THEN leaving ...
I never seen any long story with "My Wife is A Yandere" ...
I guess all of you know why ... because the story already decided / ended before it even begins ...

Dex-chan lover
@Freezee
> Even the most hardcore fanatics of things do something else here and there
Considering the amount of totems he carved and the level of magic he rediscovered, I doubt he really had any time to think about anything else.

> While you claim politics, now he's going to be living in fear of his sister
I don't know those two are related.
What I mean by politics is that he has to take control of the village and try to effectively install policies that at the very least, outlaw his betrothal with his sister. He can't just declare himself the chief - he has to convince the villagers somehow. The fastest way to do that is through violence. Remember the thing with the leaves? The clincher and climax was a duel! I doubt politics without violence is his area of expertise.

The nightmare was probably just foreshadowing, and not going to be a regular occurrence. We've seen it only has happened once so far.

> Because he didn't put up a day or two to talk with his father and sister
He did try. Remember, this is the same father who forced him to go hunting with him and it was only with again, a display of violence and saving his father's life that his father was able to change his mind. Now, his father is already announcing his marriage, his protests falling on deaf ears.

Fed-Kun's army
Ok that dream was fuckin terrifying

Well, it won't be just a dream for long.

Contributor
The World Tree was probably showing Abel the future to give him a chance to save himself.

should have just talked with her , isnt he the strongest anyway ? he should have told her the truth that he doesnt want to marry her and that hes going to leave town , but i guess running away from your problems is easier the talking about them, just like most people do in real life

Double-page supporter
@ShinSekai :
MC already did tell her ...
but she just keep talking about her feeling and such while ignoring MC words for rejecting her ...
not really clear show in manga, but it did show in WN ...

I don't have any sympathy for Gizel, she only cares about her own feelings and not her brother's. Seeing that yandere scene just made me sort of disgusted with her. Abel obviously cares for her as a sister, so how could she treat him like that? Her obsession is unhealthy, I blame her parents for not forcing her to go out and mingle with the other people at an earlier stage because now her brother has practically become her whole world.

Damn Father is so obstinate when it comes to Abel when he should've shown the same side to Gizel.

Double-page supporter
The talk I mention is at ch 6 ...
More detailed talk at novel version ...
For anyone blame parents, please note it's common sense for anyone in that village / tribe which is why they let MC doting Gizel and Gizel have full dependency at MC because they think that sibling already know all about it ...
For the villager point of view, the weird one is MC for rejecting it ...

Users who are viewing this thread