Saikyou Juzoku Tensei ~Cheat Majutsushi no Slow Life~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Wait, he can decimate a city?!
I was under the impression he will become more OP at some point but no, he's already on that level of OP šŸ˜‚

Double-page supporter
@TheBlueCat What a lot of people fail to realise is that just because he technically has lived for 33 years does not mean that he should also be as mature as an adult. This does not have any merit. The kid died at 17. He had no time to mature or get any wiser. He didnā€™t manage to live a life as an adult, so why would he be as wise as one?
You did seem to acknowledge this, otherwise you wouldnā€™t have made his mental age 25 years instead of the 33. But that still doesnā€™t really mean anything. There is absolutely no way to assume someone that has lived 2 lives as a teenager is going go be an adult mentally just because those 2 lives together in years equals 1 adult life in years. A lot of people seem to depend on his ā€œtrueā€ mental age for their argument about him having another option than running, but I donā€™t see that.

Some other people want him to stall for time, but again, how would he? The moment he told his dad he was against the marriage, the dad sped the proceedings up. Some people say ā€œmaybe he should just have paid attention during those 16 years. Maybe he could have done something then.ā€, but thatā€™s all what-ifs. This does not help anyone. Imagine telling someone who was kidnapped by pirates that ā€œif he had maybe done this or that instead it wouldnā€™t have happened.ā€, instead of actually coming out with a way of helping his immediate situation.

This thing is something other people keep bringing up. We know the guy is powerful. Powerful enough to easily threaten his family into submission. But why the hell would people think that is a viable option to NOT make his sister or let alone his whole family hate or even fear him? He would get ostracized way harder by threatening their lives than any amount of running away would. Why would he want this? What could he possibly gain from doing that?

Back to you. I donā€™t fault you for being mad at the MC, but considering no one really has brought up a way for the MC to get out of the situation that doesnā€™t include time-traveling back into showing displeasure with the tradition early or literally threatening his whole family, I donā€™t feel like it makes sense. Even you failed to say how exactly he should have gone about stalling for time, just saying that he should.

Dex-chan lover
Keep in mind that he got lucky that a merchant carriage passed by when his cart broke. (thank the gods for plot armor!) So yeah, better die out in the woods or get taken forcibly back into the village than to attempt a conference/compromise (for starters, POSTPONING, not calling off, the marriage at least until Gizel herself is of age) for the next three days right? And what can jerk dad really do if Abel didn't want to marry Gizel? Cast him out of the village--- oh wait. Imprison him?

Dex-chan lover
@CommieJohnTeh Seems like you forget why the cart broke down. Gizel sabotaged it. Otherwise Abel would have made it to another town, no problems. And his father didn't care about Abel's protest, meaning the marriage would have happened regardless. No banishment, no imprisonment. Just forced marriage. Abel would then have lived the rest of his life with someone who would rather see him dead than gone. I can easily see Abel's nightmare eventually come true if he married Gizel.

And trying to talk for the next 3 days? Talking was what caused the 3 day time limit in the first place, like I mentioned in an earlier comment. What's to say his father wouldn't perform the ceremony right there and then if Abel tried to talk his way out again?

Dex-chan lover
@Speederzdk
The solution is simple, he should fake his own death. It's still not to late, he just needs Gizel to think he's already dead. Of course at this point he needs to find out how to get her to learn of his death, which could be tricky. So long as Gizel thinks he's dead she'll no longer be chasing after him.

Welp since seeing that 180 in terms of Personality RUN dafuq away get as far away from that village as possible. I find her still interesting but now I don't want Abel to be caught no matter what

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone

I don't think he's a bad person for doing that. I feel he simply made bad choices.

No, he didn't try to talk anything out. He simply got talked over. It's at that point he too makes sure what he said is actually understood, along with his beliefs and values.

The talks should have happened long before the current point, but as MC himself stated, he procrastinated on learning other things in favor of magic.

Of course, the main reason for avoiding the talk in the first place is that it's difficult to explain his values without revealing the whole "I reincarnated" business.

Thus, I'm not saying the "give 3 days and talk it out". No, you're right, it's impossible. Not without the threats. Especially for MC as he is now. What I am saying is the concept of "hindsight is 20/20". He had 16 years of ignoring how to actually live the life he wants, especially for his second round at it.

The threats are actually good for MC to an extent though, because he needs the backbone that his father has for example. He did deal with the smoking price gouging yes, but that should also apply to those who would trample on his ideas without a second thought. Sure he's strong and all, but he's naive. Bad thing to be when venturing out into the world alone.

But, all this is not how the story is being played out. And as I stated before, stupid fun is still fun.

I thought the wincest train going to sweet home alabama but turns out it become nopeville instead.

Run. You're still not far enough.
She'll absolutely kill you now.

Double-page supporter
MC wish :
- Make more amazing Totem ...
- learn more magic ...
- go see outside world ...
- avoiding marriage with his sister ...

- Talk about cancelling marriage to people in village, impossible ...
1. The villager want MC stay permanently in the village since he make the village prosper
2. The villager also have tradition to married between someone with stronger magic, even this including incest ...
3. In case you don't notice, Gizel is 2nd strongest and smartest magic user in that village (beside MC) ...

- Talk to Parent for cancelling marriage, impossible ...
1. The father hellbent trying to force it to the point preparing sudden marriage within 3 days ...
(MC ALREADY tried to talk to his father, but only resulting him speeding MC marriage)
2. Mother is more supporting Gizel for incest marriage, and seeing Gizel love, she still voting for incest marriage
(YES, MC ALREADY TALK TO THEM BUT IT'S USELESS)

- Talk to Gizel to refuse that marriage, Impossible ...
1. Gizel already know about MC will going out of village and how he reject her ...
(remember how MC said about Gizel word yesterday at previous chapter, YES, SHE KNOW MC IS GOING TO REJECT THAT MARRIAGE)
2. Gizel sabotage the Totem truck on purpose to make the brother stranded halfway ...
(it probably don't show clearly in Manga, but Gizel already calculate how far MC will be go, because if she sabotage to make it not moving at all, it will make MC change and repair it while on village, if MC goes a bit halfway, then he might regret for going out from village, also at that area no monster which able to kill MC ... YES, GIZEL IS THAT SMART AND ALREADY CALCULATING IT)
3. It don't appear in manga version, but MC DID talk to reject Gizel. But Gizel pressure MC by saying her feeling nurtured since they are very young, and how strong her feeling, etc ... mostly she don't respond on MC rejection words ... (Gizel won't accept rejection words / explaining from MC)
(YES, MC ALREADY TRIED TO GIZEL, BUT IT'S USELESS SINCE SHE DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY REASON FOR REJECTION)

- Accepting Gizel marriage, impossible ...
1. Most likely Gizel won't accept MC to goes out from village latter, and the nightmare will be comes true if MC ever tried to escape after accepting marriage ...
2. You should know grandaughter from Chief have a bit feeling to MC, it will becomes bloodbath ...

- Bringing Gizel at MC journey
1. Gizel rather want to stay at the village (other place already known about their village incest tradition)
2. Going out of village might meet place which ban Incest marriage (not all place support incest)
3. Gizel can "imprison" MC better if he live within village ...

- Strong arm and use violence at village to avoid marriage ...
1. THAT SERIOUSLY MESS CHARACTER PERSONALITY WHICH HAVE BEEN SET BY AUTHOR, YOU ARE NOT AUTHOR NOR CREATOR OF THIS STORY
2. IF MC REALLY CHANGE LIKE THAT, A LOT READER WILL COMPLAIN SAYING IT'S OUT OF SETTING ! AND I BET YOU WILL HATE THAT KIND OF DEVELOPMENT STORY TOO ! SERIOUSLY !
3. IF HE STRONG ARM AND THREATEN TO KILL ANYONE WHICH SUPPORT HIS MARRIAGE, DID YOU THINK HE CAN COMES BACK TO THE VILLAGE OR LIVING PEACEFULLY IN IT ? (he was planning to goes back eventually)

@BoredTears :
how he can fake his own death if there's Medium Spirit (devil) which spy him ?
BTW, I think that nightmare because Gizel is "killing" his previous totem ...
(also Gizel is smart enough to use most spell and knowledge in the village, including a bit of MC knowledge)

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
Don't get me wrong, I for one am open for both paths (incest end and runaway end), except that his impromptu runaway plan was constructed out of sheer panic and little consideration for the negative consequences that particular plan of his might bring.
Gizel sabotaged it.
But of course. What made her do it? Because Abel simply ran away from her to the Chief's house and left her bewildered, instead of telling her directly right there right now that he doesn't want to marry her and explain thoroughly why. I believe he could've still made her an ally or a partner-in-crime with enough convincing; remember that she had covered for him enough times before.
Abel would then have lived the rest of his life with someone who would rather see him dead than gone
Careful with the wet floor. At worst, she would have wanted him fully dependent on her (READ: deaf, blind, mute, quad-amputee and constantly sucking on her teats) than either dead or gone, and that's what Abel assumes/imagines the scenario would be through his guilt and nightmares. Had he talked to her (and at least establish trust that she won't sabotage his plan), his escape might have gone smoothly and nightmare-free; sister wants to come along too? Why not? He was the one who concocted the idea that Gizel should see other people too, so why limit her to the clanfolks alone?
Let's face it; Gizel is his responsibility now, whether they get married or not. He's the only one who could undo the damages their parents did to her. But yeah, scratch that, let's bail and explore the world all while getting constantly haunted by the threat of an unhinged little sister coming for you.
And trying to talk for the next 3 days? Talking was what caused the 3 day time limit in the first place, like I mentioned in an earlier comment. What's to say his father wouldn't perform the ceremony right there and then if Abel tried to talk his way out again?
At least he had openly stated his point to everyone. Again, what can they really do if he doesn't want to marry? Brand him as an enemy of the clan and/or end up with an armed confrontation just because he goes "eew incest"? Fine. Only his personal happiness matters right?

Dex-chan lover
@Freezee

He did try to talk it out. He said he saw it as "messed up", and that marriage should be between 2 different families. His father promptly ignored this, left, and later enforced the 3 day time limit. Not Abel's fault.

I agree, the talk should have happened way earlier. But Abel's obsession with learning magic is no excuse or explanation. If anyone had mentioned he would marry his sister, at any point during his life, I'm damn sure he would have reacted, regardless how preoccupied he was. Ergo, no-one ever said it straight up, they just alluded to it, like "When's the ceremony?" They told Gizel when she was 4. Parents messed up, not Abel's fault.

"He had 16 years of ignoring how to actually live the life he wants, especially for his second round at it."

You almost had it. He didn't ignore how to live his life the way he wanted, he actually lived it that way. All he ever wanted was to learn magic. Which he did.

How is threatening an just-adult, 16 year old, boy with forced marriage with his sister, or said sister causing a life-threatening situation, or said boy himself threatening the lives of his entire clan (all the mentions of threats I remember), going to build "backbone"? Backbone is built by encouraging someone to overcome adversity, not by making them fucking miserable or dead. And why would he even threaten his family? He loves them, he just doesn't agree with them.

And I agree, the story is fun. But the only stupid I see is coming from some people, the ones who claim "Oh, yandere is the best, just marry her", in the comments.

Dex-chan lover
@CommieJohnTeh Yeah, he just ran away from me, so I'll just sabotage his cart in just the right way so he has to either accept death of come back to the village. No need to, oh I don't know, just talk to him.

You keep saying Abel should have just talked with Gizel, and everything would have been fine. Gizel predicted his plan, but didn't talk to him at all. Yet she's completely blameless in all this? Bull. Shit.

Like I said, the cart was sabotaged in a way so Abel either died, or came back. If Gizel couldn't have him he might as well die, is what her actions are saying.

I'm not saying only his personal happiness matters. But the way you talk seems to suggest you only care about everyone else's happiness. Abel would never harm his clan intentionally, so no risk of armed conflict. It was either forced marriage, or leave. But so what, who cares if Abel lives a miserable life being forced to marry his sister. So long as he get's to make his point, everyone's happy, right?

Double-page supporter
@cor3zone :
nope, her sister intention is to make MC regret leaving ... not killing him ...
(Yeah, She want to break MC spirit so he will depend on her in future)

Gizel already calculated MC will be strayed not far from Village because :
1. MC capable to kill monster on the way home (MC will be harmless as long as he goes back) ...
2. MC capable to go home as long as he leave all his stuff except water for drink (This way, MC can't run away again anytime soon )
(she will keep sabotaging MC until he gives up)
3. MC have weak body and can't goes further with broken Totem Cart, so he MUST go home ...
4. If Gizel hide MC letter, then he can goes home without punished for breaking law ...
5. If MC is getting late / too tired, there will be search party from village to capture him back ...
(The village definitely want MC STAY at that village permanently because MC make them prosper)

what Gizel don't predict at all, there are other traveler which pass him to city at the time the Totem Cart goes broken ...

Double-page supporter
@yarielist @cor3zone what I mean threatening his parents is not to kill or even destroy the entire village, but threatening to leave as last resort. Same ending but he openly tell his parents especially his idiotic father he doesn't want to forced on to this marriage thingy. On that point no one can't stop him maybe except his sister with yandere tendency, and can make his parents consider again.

Yeah as a reader we only could complain every single "fault" author made and make it what story as we wanted, but what ever, we can't change what author do. And debating same topics in every new chaptersal

Users who are viewing this thread