Saikyou Juzoku Tensei ~Cheat Majutsushi no Slow Life~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Fed-Kun's army
I, for one, am hoping that MC gets killed off. Just get up and leave? You think the problem just goes away?

Fuck you, MC, I hope you die a horrible death.

Dex-chan lover
Holy Yandere... Expected though. He didn't explain well enough for her to see his flight as anything other than a personal insult and a grave insult at that.

Dex-chan lover
Mom, the yandere girl is here, come get me, I'm scared.
Thanks for the chapter.

Double-page supporter
@TheBlueCat What do you suppose the MC should have done instead? I’m curious, because I’ve yet to see a single plausible suggested handling of this situation from anyone who believed this.

Dex-chan lover
MC probably should have rained on Gizel's parade the moment she showed how happy she was. Plus the thoughts of everyone else, especially his dad's.

There's good and bad parts to tradition. This scenario set up showing the negatives of one should you disagree. Of course, MC did effectively admit to not paying attention to any of that until it became the problem it now is. This is shown indirectly in the storytelling, given the story primarily follows MC's point of view. He absolutely could have made it clear early on he had 0 intention of following tradition. That said, it doesn't make the story as interesting now does it?

Still, it's really stupid. Especially for an effective 30+ year old MC, even if said MC has never had a brain that has matured (assuming humans in this setting follow real human growth to some degree). The 14 year old sister raised with tradition being the norm gets a somewhat excusable pass. 14 years old is not enough to think logically, so her reaction is somewhat understandable given how her life had been up to this point.

...Despite the stupid and understanding of this, I'm amused enough to keep reading. Stupid fun is still fun.

Thanks for the ongoing translations Abandoned Heroes.

All you had to do was fuck your sister but nooooooo."it just ain't right" you said, "I have morals" you said. Now ya got an inbred psycho with evil powers coming after you, alabama style.

Fed-Kun's army
@Speederzdk

Hmmm... what would I do? Well, let me preface by stating that I am aware of just how stupid I am, that I am also susceptible to mistakes and bouts of idiocy. What I say might well be as dumb as what MC has done, but, I would like to believe that I have given the matter some thought, instead of blurting out a knee-jerk reaction. In other words, these next words might be dumb, but there are reasons to them, which is better than none.

Anyway, in chapter 5, I think, it's stated that the sister is 14. Since MC is 2 years older, he is 16. At the time of his first life, he lived until he was 17. So in this new life he is 16 years old, but, mentally, he should be 33.

Now, 33 might sound too young, but in reality, if you got married on your 19th birthday and had a kid before your next birthday, by the time you're 33, that kid would have been 14 years old.

This is to say, by 33, you really should be a responsible adult, with thinking abilities far beyond just reacting to whatever is happening to you.

Yes, MC did get his growth stunted somewhat, considering he died and reincarnated and all, but by 16 years old in his second life, he really should have been able to catch up. If not 33, at least he should be 25 years old mentally (yes, I pulled that figure out of my ass, but 25 seems a good approximation).

So what could we expect a 25 year old (or 33 year old) to do? Well, for starters, think a hell of a lot more. Don't have time? Then stall for time.

By the way, leaving in the dark of night, saying "I won't come back until either she gets married, or i get married" is not stalling for time. He might as well have announced that his sister is an untouchable bitch, not fit for anyone to marry.

I mean, how else are people supposed to interpret that kind of abondonment? Imagine suddenly being assigned to the untouchable caste. What kind of things would people say about his sister? That's what really pisses me off the most, actually. He has the mental capacity to think of a solution - any solution - so that his sister wouldn't get hurt, but he didn't. What a piece of shit.

What would I do, aside from thinking? Well, try thinking of other things. Why does this world of ours forbid incest? Religious beliefs, as well as that thing with overlapping genes:

<See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_II_of_Spain>
Charles II (Spanish: Carlos; 6 November 1661 – 1 November 1700), also known as El Hechizado or the Bewitched, was the last Habsburg ruler of the Spanish Empire. He is now best remembered for his physical disabilities, believed to be the result of inbreeding ...

<See https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2010/09/tut-dna-dobbs/>
The physical problems faced by Charles and the pharaoh Tutankhamun, the son of siblings, point to one possible explanation for the near-universal incest taboo: Overlapping genes can backfire.

By the way, both articles are quite good reading. I recommend them, if you haven't already.

So, if the problem is religious, then check, does the problem exist in this new world?

Same thing with physical deformations due to incest - does it exist here?

If the answer is no to both, then figure out how to feel about marrying the girl?

Steps by steps. Either do what I just described, or whatever. There's more than way to scale a fish. MC could well choose not to marry his sister. BUT. Just don't fucking run off and let your sister get treated like a pariah.

Dex-chan lover
i told you this bitch crazy...
but i don't mind
ps. wow last spoil that i translate via google translate there's many spot that i miss translate my weeb skill not enought huh
@Emiyashirouubw are i see you are a stand user of culture as well

Dex-chan lover
@Freezee
He didn't pay attention to Gizel's obsession with him because "LET'S DO MAGIC FIRST"
They were young, and he thought it was a relatively normal brother complex which she may grow out of in the near future
He never would have thought that she was being groomed to be his wife

Running away was already his way of going against tradition
Staying would only get him and his family ostracized
Changing tradition would mean that he basically has to make himself a tyrant first
Remember, despite running away, he still wants to come back some time in the future - he wants to keep amicability
Any of the other alternatives is complicated, and takes away time from doing magic; it's basically politics, all so he could avoid having to marry his own sister

@TheBlueCat
You overestimate what a 33 year old could do
especially one who has done nothing but dabble in magic and totems most of his life

Are you suggesting that he change his own values?
The disagreement in philosophy and morality isn't the only only problem - he doesn't want to marry his sister.
Heck, the taboo of incest can be said to be instinctual.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry my dude, Your nightmare will become reality.
Better get isekaied again

Fed-Kun's army
@jonsmth

Please, a 33 year old might not be perfect, but if one wanted to, could achieve a lot of things by that age. People much more capable than myself have proven that time and again.

Anyway, read my comments. I said that he could choose to do whatever. Marry his sister. Don't marry his sister. It's his call. Just DO NOT abandon her.

Dex-chan lover
What bother me mc before reincarnated in his 17 or young adult, okay he a weirdo in his past life even in this new life, but no way his mind not become more mature or revert back to a totally kid in mind right??? But here mc have same mentality as his past life, doesn't have critical thinking even with his 30 old mind.

On other hand other said he doesn't want to follow tradition is not entirely true because his favorite routine is one of the tradition, his father might thinks he want to follow the traditions so much, maybe his father tell him about marriage tradition in some time, but knowing his son enthusiasm to tradition, he got along with it, thinks his son would too.

"I don't have good father figure, and uselessly addicted to magic" Mc ch 1. His wishes is granted, reborn in world of magic and glad he is dead(wonder how TF truck-kun know his victim client dreamed world in every isekai?) and a caring parents. But he too focused on magic side and ignoring what his parents said.

Either mc too dumb to solve his problem, not listening what his parents said or his parents not tell him enough common sense of this world.

@TheBlueCat hey we have similar idea

Aggregator gang
dear girl, you have a bit of yandere showing there...I'd say you should probably try to hide that, but it's pretty clear dear brother already knows so you'll just have to make his nightmares come true instead

Users who are viewing this thread