Say a funfact about literally anything

Dex-chan lover
Decimation was a form of Roman military discipline in which every tenth soldier were to be executed by his cohort. The Cohort(s) would be divided into groups of 10 who will then draw straws to be the "lucky" winner. The remaining nine recieved barley rations and must encamp outside for a while.
decimatio.jpg

Dex-chan lover
>be me, tittius maximus oneesanarius IV
>spend time and money to train loyal citizens
>make 90% kill the other 10% to toughen them up
>get invaded, they have 11.11% more men than we do
>die

Dex-chan lover
The moment time travel is created it becomes completely worthless.

For example:

If time is straightforward then if you go back in time to stop something from happening, then the fact it never happens means you never needed to go back and thus it happens because you never went back. This loop continues forever.

If time splits then all you did was throw yourself into a different timeline where the event never happened. The friends and the family you live your life with are all clones of the other version you left behind. Their presence and your experiences from now on are all artificial. Your true friends and family will never see you again and you will be a fond but small piece of their memory.

Any practical application of time travel simply causes more problems than it could ever solve.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Hitspark
You're saying that I, a villainess that was bad but now is good, will never be able to have my redemption arc? Impossible!

Dex-chan lover
@Richman That's right, princess-villain-sama! Your redemption arc means nothing, and the crown prince who was also a vicious-murderer-turned-love-sick-puppy will never truly be yours!

Dex-chan lover
@Hitspark
Actual changes can only take place if at least one entity is traveling through the fifth dimension.

Placing meaning on which people have a 'true' connection to you is illogical; the inhabitants of your destination dimension could be effectively the same as the ones from your starting point.

t. Big Tiddor

Double-page supporter
Fun fact: I can’t understand shit on what these guys above me are saying
3lwdInH.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Most nonmechanicly inclined, auto shop service writers, and even a large percentage of mechanics/technicians don't understand the concept.....

You can crank a engine till it starts, but you cannot start a engine till it cranks! 😤

"Customer say the car won't crank."
Does that mean it cranks, but won't start, or it won't crank??? 😖??

Dex-chan lover
@bigtiddyoneesan True enough but when I said "true friends and family" I mean you're leaving them behind. You become a memory to them because they'll never see you again. To you everything is fine enough to ignore it, potentially. But in the back of your mind you'll always be reminded of the loved ones who probably had to hold a funeral for you. I think that would wear on you bit by bit as time goes on.

t. Big Tiddor

Not going to lie, I straight up thought you were quoting someone because "Tiddor" not only sounds like an actual name, it is an actual surname. https://www.ancestry.com/search/categories/35/?name=_Tiddor&name_x=1_1

Dex-chan lover
@Hitspark
Side note, but I should add that the familiarity with your original universe's people might actually be beneficial, as minor past (or yet to happen) occurrences may be different from what you've experienced. So by extension, being unsure of the potential differences would give your 'true' connections a plus.

And sure, most people would feel at least something for the people they left behind, myself included. But my destination universe of a world filled with big tiddied onee-sans would make it all worth it.

"Big Tiddor" was a reference to John Titor, the supposed time traveler from the year 2036.

Dex-chan lover
The Pontifex maximus was the high priest of ancient Rome, with political and religious authority. One of their many duties include:

Maintaining the Roman calendar.

To maintain the pax deorum or "peace of the gods."

The regulation of the public morals, and fining and punishing offending parties.

Hundreds of species of animals show homosexual behaviour yet there are still homophobic laws in some countries

Dex-chan lover
Hundreds of species of animals show murderous or rapist behaviour yet there are still murder/rape laws in some countries

Ih

Birthdays are just a year closer to death and mean litteraly nothing

Users who are viewing this thread