Skip and Loafer - Vol. 10 Ch. 56 - Weary Road Home

Dex-chan lover
When it feels like she has the opportunity to bring up that she dated Shima, but doesn't, I get stressed out haha. I'm glad the girls' relationships seem to be good and understanding enough to weather through, but still... It stresses me haha.
Thanks for the translation! Seeing an update for this manga always makes my day.

Dex-chan lover
Man I get Shima-kun. He grew up in a place of false love and wants an independent life away from his past. I'm glad that he was able to go on the trip to relax and continue to develop a better perspective on life, one full of love, thanks to Mitsumi. He made the right friends in school and I wish he can be happy in the future :qq:

Dex-chan lover
Was expecting this to just be light chapter to end the gang's summer vacation, but somehow Shima did not disappoint to bring a gloomy feel to it :LOL:

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
Kind of a dickhead shima... Not gonna lie.

I understand his relationship with his mom Is bad, but the little we know makes the mom also a victim, so Shima Is really childish.

I want to actually know the backstory

Group Leader
Subconscious mind is amazing, I had a very random dream about Shima-kun which I never did before and when I woke up there's a new chapter lol

Dex-chan lover
Capture_decran_2023-10-25_123940.png

ønée-chan,, may i have some töast ?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation!

I really enjoyed this arc. I'm glad Shima is at least self-aware of the situation and can think about all the various facets, because I feel really sorry for his mother. It's hard to juggle the knowledge that people and situations can change for the better while also feeling grief and hurt over how they used to be. Other series' would have him stop at the lashing out part(for the drama), without the acknowledgment afterward that his mother is better than when he was younger. All of the characters are written in such a genuine and nuanced way. <3

Supporter
God, it's a cycle. That actress girl is doing it to Shima kun, and he's doing it too to his mother.

I just hope that they can let it go cause it's really unhealthy relationship
One huge difference is that Shima has apologized for years over that party incident (even though she was the one who harassed him into letting her tag along in the first place). As far as we've seen, his mother hasn't expressed any sort of regret over her bullying and emotional blackmail that lasted throughout his early childhood. "I'm different now" is nice to know, but it's more-or-less useless as a starting point for necessary healing.

Dex-chan lover
I think the problem is just "getting over it" isnt really how it works with trauma. A bad relationship, hurt from when you were a kid... it takes a while. And a teen can't be expected to be as in control of their own reactions.

That's an adults job.

Fed-Kun's army
Shima’s mother is a really tragic character. She was cheated on, took her frustrations out on her son and is living with the guilt. I hope her and Sousuke find closure by the end of the manga ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread