Skip and Loafer - Vol. 9 Ch. 53 - Heart-thumping Ocean, Pt. 3

Shima slowly but surely and Mukai my man is right. Please sort out all your feelings first. My precious Mitsumi deserves only the best if you are going to be together.

Shima slowly but surely and Mukai my man is right. Please sort out all your feelings first. My precious Mitsumi deserves only the best if you are going to be together.
But then again, based on shima's definition of liking someone as a person so much that they become a lover should reflect his feelings. He just didn't want it to be reduced to only lover which according to his def, is not that great.

Dex-chan lover
it's like taking 2 different routes to the same place. I totally get that "liking someone" can be better than them being your boyfriend/girlfriend. There's a lot of people that just want someone to have around and be intimate with physically, but that wouldn't be friends otherwise. Hell, they might not even respect eachother as people. Many such cases!

Contributor
IMG_8006.png

I feel represented

Dex-chan lover
I think it's a good debate between the kind of "Like" that we perceive. Most of us are romantics and consider a physically and emotionally intimate relationship to be the greatest Like, although in reality that might not always be the case. Sousuke's view is indeed rare and very skewed because of his experiences, but he's not wrong to have that kind of view and could be similar to that of an asexual view. Of course such views can create conflict in a relationship as we've seen and it's something that has to be discussed between both partners in a romantic relationship.

Tl;dr don't date Sousuke

I don't think Shima in love yet. He had to sort out his feeling and dealt with his own self first before being in relationship with someone esle or he just hurt Mitsumi again.

Dex-chan lover
I think Shima has been slowly feeling it during this whole arc and this is the culmination
Ever since Mitsumi soft dumped him it threw him for a loop and caused him to reevaluate her in a way he hadn't be for. Also, I'd say his ego has really taken a thrashing since she isn't outwardly broken up that they ended it.

this manga is so amazing!!!!!! I love the writing. Sad there’s break next month tho, but in its place I can finally binge the anime :)

Dex-chan lover
friend's right though, he shouldnt be in a relationship or thinking about getting back with Mitsumi.

still leaning toward Mitsumi having a new love interest since she deserved better.

so Shima cant grow into a better person? cmon bruh

Dex-chan lover
I kinda hope they don't get back together, Mitsuki doesn't deserve to suffer for this dunce.

Dex-chan lover
so Mitsuki's bound to wait for Shima to be a better person?
no? like I said on previous chapters before if Shima get back together with Mitsumi it will happen when Shima finally resolves his own issues like do you think Egashira doesn't deserves to be Mitsumi friend as well?
I just feel that there's a real pettiness towards Shima like he can't develop and his honest mistake is an unforgivable act

Dex-chan lover
no? like I said on previous chapters before if Shima get back together with Mitsumi it will happen when Shima finally resolves his own issues like do you think Egashira doesn't deserves to be Mitsumi friend as well?
I just feel that there's a real pettiness towards Shima like he can't develop and his honest mistake is an unforgivable act
eh, well this is a work of fiction so that'll be the outcome theyre getting back together when Shima gets the character development arc but i was in the wrong where i projected realistically(where i thought this manga is close to a reality high school/youth plot) again if this what happened more or less Mitsuki already has a new interest.

and thats more or less Mitsuki just waiting for Shima to better himself, still, no?

rooting for Shima's development but i dont think hes fitting to be beside Mitsuki ever again, shes fragile but doesnt show it to people and still positive about things(but tbf hes the only one that sees and understands that side of hers), that is why i really felt bad what Shima done to her. but hey, its fictional and how tv and book dramas work, small world.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
eh, well this is a work of fiction so that'll be the outcome theyre getting back together when Shima gets the character development arc but i was in the wrong where i projected realistically(where i thought this manga is close to a reality high school/youth plot) again if this what happened more or less Mitsuki already has a new interest.

and thats more or less Mitsuki just waiting for Shima to better himself, still, no?

rooting for Shima's development but i dont think hes fitting to be beside Mitsuki ever again, shes fragile but doesnt show it to people and still positive about things(but tbf hes the only one that sees and understands that side of hers), that is why i really felt bad what Shima done to her. but hey, its fictional and how tv and book dramas work, small world.

bro ex getting back together is also happens in our realistic world lmao and Mitsuki is not attractive so realistically only people who spent enough time with her would start to develop feelings towards her like you want her to start looking for new guy? is still having a feeling towards somebody especially with the way they 'broke up' is not realistic at all?

Dex-chan lover
bro ex getting back together is also happens in our realistic world lmao and Mitsuki is not attractive so realistically only people who spent enough time with her would start to develop feelings towards her like you want her to start looking for new guy? is still having a feeling towards somebody especially with the way they 'broke up' is not realistic at all?
guess ill just have to suck it up and pardon Shima's complex issues for his redemption arc when it comes, amirite.

Shima has too much trauma winding around him, he needs therapy. Mitsumi already realized their difference(the chapter where Yasaka pointed out their differences) and doesnt want to be the one to ask him to change just for her sake and that isnt fair. Mitsumi was suffering, breaking down(exam scores, etc.), and would still suffer just worrying about him, their feelings arent lining up. and im glad she already set her boundaries around him.

exes getting back is pretty common, i agree. but his character development is just for him alone, Mitsumi wasnt able to handle dating him. theyre better off as friends, imho. if theyre getting back together, they need to be ready about it.

and i kinda feel bad about you just so throwing out that Mitsumi isnt attractive like it projects how you see people.

Users who are viewing this thread