Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 104

Hey everyone.

It's with a very heavy heart that I am letting you all know that our dear friend @mike_leehk has passed away on the morning of June 7th.

Mike was the person who's first dragged me into the world of scanlation. He was a key member of Church of Potteto, has taught me how to typeset, and was an incredible mentor. But more than that, Mike was a very dear friend to many of us.

Mike leaves behind an emptiness that will weigh on us all, but we will keep his legacy alive in his name. There should not be significant changes going forwards, however, Church of Potteto activities will carry on under my stead, and I will be taking over as typesetter on Sono Bisque Doll.

I'd like to extend my deepest condolences to his family, and wish them the best in their grieving process.

Thank you for everything Mike, we'll miss you dearly. Rest well.
My condolences, R.I.P Mike..

Dex-chan lover
People that are hoping for some major development with the main couple are in for a rough time.

Marin looks like she is setting up to distance herself majorly, and Non is going to have an arc where she becomes closest to Gojo. Non is most likely not being introduced as a throw away character for a couple chapters of drama, but as a major test of Gojo and Marin's relationship.

Buckle up.

Dex-chan lover
He was literally just vibing both times, just minding his own business man what the hell.

Hey everyone.

It's with a very heavy heart that I am letting you all know that our dear friend @mike_leehk has passed away on the morning of June 7th.

Mike was the person who's first dragged me into the world of scanlation. He was a key member of Church of Potteto, has taught me how to typeset, and was an incredible mentor. But more than that, Mike was a very dear friend to many of us.

Mike leaves behind an emptiness that will weigh on us all, but we will keep his legacy alive in his name. There should not be significant changes going forwards, however, Church of Potteto activities will carry on under my stead, and I will be taking over as typesetter on Sono Bisque Doll.

I'd like to extend my deepest condolences to his family, and wish them the best in their grieving process.

Damn, it's always the best among us that pass early. I hope you guys are ok

Double-page supporter
Hey everyone.

im so sorry about Mike, im sure he would be happy seeing what you wrote. rest peacefully Mike </3

Hey everyone.

Rest in peace Mike

Dex-chan lover
Hey everyone.

Wait... seriously? Oh man. My condolences... Dude was a real cool guy. :<

Dex-chan lover
Non-chan is a great kid, i think anyone with the right mind would say so looking at them still being a kid with tantrums when things didnt go their way. Thats completely normal so their past was more of a misunderstanding between kids.

If you think Wac-chan was traumatized because of what she said, then ask yourself why you cant sympathize with the kid Non-chan herself for what he did to her?

If you think Wac-chan behavior was dismissible because of his parents sudden death, then why cant you sympathize with a 'person' who did all her best to dedicate her time and interest every single passing day for someone dear to her so that she could help him ease through his hard times? Moreover when that 'person' is a kid herself?

They were both kids with both of their own their selfish nature in the past, so if anything a reconciliation is the least they should get knowing both of them never means harm with what they did as a kid.

Wakana turning a blind eye to the people that tried to help him and Nobara throwing tantrums when her genuine care was guttered like nothing was both of their fault as the kid they was in the past.

They should come to terms with their past. And marin got nothing to say abt this as an outsider. The whole Marin x Wakana should step aside their love antics for a while cs this is more than just love interest. If anything this would clear up both of their trauma from the past.

Fed-Kun's army
Classic tropes can be done well, but Sono Bisque Doll has been 100+ chapters of a meandering excuse for the author's cosplay enthusiasm. Yet, the audience is mostly here for the romcom, which so far stinks.
Ikr, i am here because of the romcom too. So its kinda caught me off guard when they shift the phase to a more serious tone, and apparently the demographic of this manga is seinen, so its kinda make sense. But still, i hope they back to the more wholesome rute after this arc ends tho.

Dex-chan lover
Classic tropes can be done well, but Sono Bisque Doll has been 100+ chapters of a meandering excuse for the author's cosplay enthusiasm. Yet, the audience is mostly here for the romcom, which so far stinks.
I'd say though that without cosplay and general otaku culture enthusiasm of the author this manga would be just another boring and cliched "shy boy meets pretty gyaru" romance like so many other, and never get the popularity it has now. It's just that it's still supposed to be romcom, and that part did get awfully neglected, very unlike the first arcs of this manga. Especially since without romcom part Marin, which is main draw of the manga for most people, gets useless as a character. It's not Blue Period or something like that, we're not here mainly for Gojou's artistic woes and trauma.

Dex-chan lover
I'd say though that without cosplay and general otaku culture enthusiasm of the author this manga would be just another boring and cliched "shy boy meets pretty gyaru" romance like so many other, and never get the popularity it has now. It's just that it's still supposed to be romcom, and that part did get awfully neglected, very unlike the first arcs of this manga. Especially since without romcom part Marin, which is main draw of the manga for most people, gets useless as a character. It's not Blue Period or something like that, we're not here mainly for Gojou's artistic woes and trauma.
This is (perhaps improperly) tagged as a Romance Comedy HERE, but over on MAL this is more properly tagged as Romantic Subtext with no comedy tag. (The anime is tagged as Romance (no comedy) which for at least the first season that could be considered correct as their romantic relationship was front and center.)

Information​

Type: Manga
Volumes: Unknown
Chapters: Unknown
Published: Jan 19, 2018 to ?
Themes: Otaku Culture, Romantic Subtext, School
Demographic: Seinen
Serialization: Young Gangan
Authors: Fukuda, Shinichi (Story & Art)

Aggregator gang
Hey everyone.

Thank you for your service, and may you rest well sir Mike

Dex-chan lover
Marin's realization was absolutely expected to happen at some point for me. But this is also the opportunity for Gojou to finally express his thoughts about her and cosplaying. He will tell her how he never considered her a hindrance or making cosplay dresses a waste of time, on the contrary she made him develop his skills and inspired him. In the end, Marin is his precious living Hina doll to paint over and dress up. And there will finally come the love confession.
Non-chan's role is still a mystery, but I have a feeling that she's not here to make things worse. A heartfelt conversation and apology between them could give Gojou's troubled mind some closure and strengthen his resolve towards his future career and Marin.

Dex-chan lover
May you rest in peace Mike.
pressf.jpg

Dex-chan lover
This is (perhaps improperly) tagged as a Romance Comedy HERE, but over on MAL this is more properly tagged as Romantic Subtext with no comedy tag. (The anime is tagged as Romance (no comedy) which for at least the first season that could be considered correct as their romantic relationship was front and center.)
[...]
Comedy may be wrong, but manga definitely starts as typical ecchi romance with heavy "otaku culture" themes, with hot girl "saving" lonely boy, falling in love with him quite quickly, and going on not-dates with him, with almost every cosplay session up to and including love hotel being used to have Gojou blushing as Marin shows off her goods in sexy cosplay or other ecchi situation. It even had a little ecchi harem bait (fortunately nothing more than a bait) with the sisters, especially when author made him saw the older in bath naked in cliched "Lucky pervert" accident, and even included "poetic" comparison of her hairless pussy to Hina doll, which was clearly very necessary writing to add depth to her character. Gojou is also surrounded by hot or cute women, with no male friend except grandpa, which is also a bit harem-like. Every important character that he meets is somehow a cute girl.

You can't put stuff like that in your early chapters, in very second chapter put Mari'sn measuring session also including "lucky pervert" moment when Gojou touches her accidentally and she blushes, put "she felt his boner while in bed with him" chapter, and not expect readers to treat it like Anjou-san and similar ecchi teasing romance stories. It's true that we hadn't sexy Marin and blushing Gojo chapters in forever, all that's left from ecchi romance now are the those bonus drawings of Marin, like that in bridal lingerie, but it's not just anime, manga was clearly going full ecchi romance at first, before changing genre.

Double-page supporter
Well yes, I’m just spelling out the obvious, since there are still defenders of this and people who are not knowledgeable or perceptive of these things, it is valid enough I guess.

I wonder how the Japanese readers take this. It will still make money for now, I mean Rent-A-Girlfriend is showing that milking drama works even today, but I wonder if the more mature audience of doll will be more unhappy with this.
This arc has been getting unanimous praise in Japan.

Dex-chan lover
This arc has been getting unanimous praise in Japan.
Unanimous wow that's intense.. Also we have like 5 arcs at the same time right now, so which one is it? The long running Waka depression arc? The Marin confused RomCom arc? The cosplayer doll-uppers going crazy arc? The whole world loves their work arc? The Non-arc?

But seriously, didn't this arc just start? I'm guessing we're talking about the last arc being the dark cosplay and now the Non-arc? Which basically J U S T happened? Kinda weird to be getting praised like that...

Though without sources or anything like that, this is just an unsubstantiated claim, might as well just be Japanese Twitter going "oh my gosh, my panties are so wet from all these raw poetic emotions"

I can see them loving the cosplay thing, since that design is totally up the alley of Japanese Nerd Culture. But that was last arc?
Drama/conflict being praised for being "complex"(or a mountain in this case) is nothing new. I have yet to see an online crowd that (to be fair) was the target audience, not hyping drama/conflict, no matter how good or bad the quality was.

P.S. you can tell I love these little diatribes, because I care so ultimately little about this Manga, besides the art/cosplay design the only thing that keeps my interest is the absolute hilarity that this writing team/author, has basically baited a crowd with Seinen RomCom at the beginning, and now (at least from non-Japan) they are reaping the rewards and it is beautiful.
Pure entertainment... and I thought I don't like drama :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread