Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi wo Suru - Ch. 102

Supporter
100% agree, very contrived, like they're bending how the characters normally operate and think to fit how they've (the author) meandered not adressing the romance subplot. Like marin would never feel awkward about expressing her love for wakana, so they had to bring the dad in to make her act awkward and distant. Gojou putting up distance makes sense here since Marin never really told him how she felt (something she said she would do after the nun cosplay party arc), but she never did it cause the author shoved another arc without adressing her apprehensions about why she didnt do it. Pretty pointless drama for the romance subplot and I think I'll drop this until they get around to writing its conclusion
Yeah it's gotten pretty obvious how the author switched this from a "lewd romance manga with cosplay" to "full on cosplay manga". Now we, the audience, are left confused with how out-of-character some of the characters are acting. The author is going to have to work overtime in order to fix this mess.

I started to re-read this series, and the switch is obnoxious. We went from "omg I love him so so so much" Marin to "oh I'm gonna ignore his feelings" Marin in one arc.

Dex-chan lover
People confuse normal/expected reactions with the best reaction

Marin’s reaction is very common, is it the best? No, is it something that needs to be addressed even if it was just a momentary thing for him? Yes, similar to the very beginning when he made the Shizuka cosplay; but it’s not unrealistic

Same for Gojo and all his reactions and issues

Should she be less (in a way) selfish? Yes, should he be less insecure? Yes, should they already be dating like the dad I’m pretty sure thinks? Yeah, but it’s not unreasonable/unrealistic

Should he be less clueless? Eh Idt that’s necessarily the problem here, it’s what seeps in making it seem as clueless

Hopefully the dad wingman’s it, and hopefully it’s resolved quickly and well with some character and relationship progress with a heartfelt scene which is what it seems to be leading up to

I do agree the sentiment of it having went from a more lewd romance to a cosplay manga, which I mean, It is a cosplay manga….. but it had heavy amounts of the previous 2 which have been kind of revoked; I think that’s fine should what I said above is done and it’s patched and fixed

Dex-chan lover
My brothers in Christ, idk how long i can keep waiting for the drama conclusion. happy for the chapter tho, ty for the translation. But why was Marin bitchin so much this chapter??? I NEED MOOOORE idontneedsleepineedanswers.png

Dex-chan lover
honestly this is pretty interesting reading month-to-month i don’t really care where it goes, pretty fun theorizing why these two act. like marin is so absolutely apathetic facially about the attention, and gojo snapping. what snapped? what changed? is it his desire as an artist or his attraction to marin? i think this is really interesting. excited to see future chapters and how this story will continue to develop!
This optimism is an excellent thing to have when we get a "No matter what happens in the future, our cosplay will be our darling - THE END"

Dex-chan lover
People confuse normal/expected reactions with the best reaction

Marin’s reaction is very common, is it the best? No, is it something that needs to be addressed even if it was just a momentary thing for him? Yes, similar to the very beginning when he made the Shizuka cosplay; but it’s not unrealistic

Same for Gojo and all his reactions and issues

Should she be less (in a way) selfish? Yes, should he be less insecure? Yes, should they already be dating like the dad I’m pretty sure thinks? Yeah, but it’s not unreasonable/unrealistic

Should he be less clueless? Eh Idt that’s necessarily the problem here, it’s what seeps in making it seem as clueless

Hopefully the dad wingman’s it, and hopefully it’s resolved quickly and well with some character and relationship progress with a heartfelt scene which is what it seems to be leading up to

I do agree the sentiment of it having went from a more lewd romance to a cosplay manga, which I mean, It is a cosplay manga….. but it had heavy amounts of the previous 2 which have been kind of revoked; I think that’s fine should what I said above is done and it’s patched and fixed
Cue 50 chapters of Marin trying out pro work with another designer (probably an ikemen because of fucking course) while Gojou goes through some arc to overcome his past. My bet is that he helps out a younger boy who is also a fan of Hina dolls. After all that they reunite at this he graduation ceremony and he thanks her for... Reasons. Final panel is him looking into the distance.

Dex-chan lover
Cue 50 chapters of Marin trying out pro work with another designer (probably an ikemen because of fucking course) while Gojou goes through some arc to overcome his past. My bet is that he helps out a younger boy who is also a fan of Hina dolls. After all that they reunite at this he graduation ceremony and he thanks her for... Reasons. Final panel is him looking into the distance.
I doubt but if that ends up being the way it’s taken then I wouldn’t be the biggest fan

Dex-chan lover
Everyone accuses Marin bcs of "pretend that nothing happened" thought, BUT - can't you see that this is weighing on her? Just look like she acts when, knowing Marin, she should've been on seven heaven bcs how huge her photoshoot exploded. But it doesn't matter to her bcs of how sad Gojo was yesterday. For her everything except Gojo doesn't matter. Even cosplay success. And now put yourself in her shoes - she is in one room with her dad embarrassing her in front of her loved one and his grandpa, they are not alone, she clearly don't want not her dad not Goju gramps be worried - and obvious decision in THAT situation at THAT moment - is act like everything alright, nothing happened, especially when Gojo himself acts like everything alright. This is simply human behavior. They need some time ALONE to sort thing out, but not in front of both families, and especially when this is the first time they meet each other.

Aggregator gang
Gotta keep the drama going...

8RYo5aB.png
Does she not care?!?

Double-page supporter
Having the father meet Gojo is such a nice touch to ease out the tension between the two. Wonder how will this go moving forward.

Fed-Kun's army
Wow absolutely nothing get's addressed, Marin not even trying to realize why Gojo was so down (& even going to his house in full bitch mode without even addressing why) & we even get a full hiatus so 2 months waiting time now for the next waste of a chapter.

Sad to see in which direction the manga currently goes

Dex-chan lover
Oh Wakana, you could've left out that part about Marin's nutrition. Now her father's got one more thing to rake her over the damn coals.

Users who are viewing this thread