Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 4 Ch. 43 - The 43rd move

BCS

Dex-chan lover
@tsuu no because none of us would ever be in this situation

So we can shit-talk safely

Contributor
Ugh, I cried so hard when I read it, such a fail, guess we can't just blaze through the battlefield without any losses. His unending advance was bound to trip at some point, but boy is Christmas a painful one to miss. God this guy, he's not perfect after all.

And guys, it's not 43 chapters without progress, first of all, some of them are quite short, second of all, they are not being forced to do it quickly by some outside factors, and if you check the first chapter, they relationships are quite different. Actually, I think the story started like in fall? So it's been just a few months. Then again, I think he was in the club since around spring? Not sure. Anyway, there's progress.

Also, can't really say the comparison between mostly pointless and unrealistic comical Kaguya and Shogi Senpai works. This work at least kinda tries to be reasonable and realistic. In Kaguya, it's just all for teh lulz.

Un, and, we still haven't gotten any explanation as to why would these silly gooses be into each other. I suppose we would at least get Tanaka's side of the story, so still long way to go until the confession. Incidentally, for this particular story, I wouldn't be surprised if by the time of 'confession' they would be already basically dating and Yaotome would just smugly smile and say something like "Took you freaking long enough, you pumpkin!," since the actually speaks in quite a manly and somewhat rudish way, if you check the raws.

P.S. Though it sucks that he got too nervous, and, truth be told, somewhat out of character for him, I can understand him. Kinda. At least I try too. I wouldn't chicken out, but then again, I wan never really an innocent Japanese boy in Pure(TM) love. More like your average care-don't care type, so.

@nmyhv1
Maybe don't ask strangers to spend Christmas together, then? I mean, why would someone you know reject you? You're not weird enough to invite someone you're not intimate with, now are you?

@Ore
It's because of people like you that we can't have nice things, isn't it?

@redpandamaniacal
Switch shogi for chess then? They're not so much different. It is impressive, though not hard with practice (as with anything).

Contributor
@nmyhv1
That's why in real world no one is inviting each other on "dates," and most certainly no one "confesses their feelings," lol.
People are just like "hey we just randomishly fucked, guess we're dating now, huh?" And then they break up a few months later coz you couldn't give a shit about the other party.

...This relationship they portray in romance is such a blissful dream. Too sad you need to be an uncertain and depended cock to love someone at least enough to not give up on them once constant sex became boring. Oh, and whenever you tell them about it, they all just say "Aw, you just never met "the one," love!" Ugh, never mind. I guess for most people they're themselves are "the one."

Dex-chan lover
Shut the fuck up its a comic book no one wants your manifesto elliot rodger

Double-page supporter
@N0Mi0

I was thinking about chess. Wasn't sure how much more complicated shogi would be. Used to play a bit of chess, but was never very good. Took like, half a year of casual classes or something. Couldn't memorize where all the pieces were on a board and replay them in my head though.

@N0Mi0 that's far from true actually. I had to confess my feelings to my current GF to have her understand and look at me in that way, even though it was pretty obvious that we both had feelings for each other she was going to continue to treat me like a family friend more than someone she had romantic interest in. Confessions and dates are definitely still a thing, not everyone is just whipping it out and doing stuff and somehow jumping into relationships like that. Hell that's why most relationships fail

Contributor
@uran10
Well, you're actually in the minority here, pal, you said so yourself: "that's why most relationships fail."

Happy for you, though, and yet, I've met quite a number of people who are not socially inept fans of manga, geeky things, or anything otaku related, you know, that "most people," and quite often it's just how it is.

We're protective, we don't want to expose ourselves. In Japanese culture relationships are much of a bigger deal than here in the west, here we don't really care about our pride or others' feelings that much. I would never confess since I'd get hurt if I get rejected, but being a western man, I'd can just kinda start dating the person if I can and want to, without all this 'dangerous' stuff. And, sure enough, when you don't even really talk about your relationships, when you and everyone else around are treating all them with 'ease,' no wonder it doesn't work out.

Now, this right now might be a wild thought for some, but in Japan most people are what otaku culture calls 'Reaju,' people that don't really confess too! Now where's fun and pure love in that? There's not so much, so we hardly get this 'real' life in manga and anime. In books, though, oh boy. Try Almost Transparent Blue, it's timeless for this topic.

Or, remember all those kinky narcissistic-looking guys in doujins that drink with girls and then fuck them? Well, guess what, while they're portrayed as rapist mofos, scum of the earth, but it's more of a calque of real normal guys that get laid. The normal japanese college guys that drink and do stupid stuff, and get it on with same normal girls. Sure, it's not completely the same, cultures are different after all, but my point is, your western school and live experiences could be much closer to japanese ones than you might expect.
That's what 'normal' fans of japan (japan cyclejerks, more like, tbqh) mean when they say to weebs that the "Japan" they love is not real.

Aggregator gang
Wow, it's not even 1 day since this chapter released. Yet, I still love the comment section. 😎

Users who are viewing this thread