Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 11 Ch. 62 - Funayama Tooru

Group Leader
u mean in a world where technology is insanely advanced, civilization didn't invent the tetanus shot?

tetanus shots last around 10 years (and probably works for longer than that) and his sis is defo not 10 yet. meaning there is no way she should die from that.

unless the world just didnt like, invent or require vaccines or some shit. which is unrealistic because you'd have a ton of dead kids lol

imo the writing has become weird and the quality gone down quite a bit in the last 10 or so chapters starting from the doctor terrorbombing anzu. its like shit happens for drama with the way they get to it being non sensical or requiring u to turn off your brain or invent a ton of head canon to justify it

tetanus shots last around 10 years (and probably works for longer than that) and his sis is defo not 10 yet. meaning there is no way she should die from that.
Until you are 6, tetanus shots are more frequent, you get like 5 up until then. I don't think its unreasonable that she skipped or has it delayed, it happens. Especially since their parents seem to be away often.

Group Leader
Until you are 6, tetanus shots are more frequent, you get like 5 up until then. I don't think its unreasonable that she skipped or has it delayed, it happens. Especially since their parents seem to be away often.
What about their caretaker ? The point is they aren't living in feudal Japan they're living in a super futuristic world where robots run everything and society is hyper advanced. If they were poor kids then I could swallow that wealth inequality meant only the rich got to enjoy these health privileges but these kids are upper middle if not upper class.

Dex-chan lover
What about their caretaker ? The point is they aren't living in feudal Japan they're living in a super futuristic world where robots run everything and society is hyper advanced. If they were poor kids then I could swallow that wealth inequality meant only the rich got to enjoy these health privileges but these kids are upper middle if not upper class.
Well, maybe she worried about her family and went with them.

No, their world is pretty much like ours. Their robots are slightly better, that's about it, they can restock grocery stores and make deliveries. The robots we see at the facility are a thing only there, not widespread, from my understanding. Ichihara not showing up can be many things, but to me it basically means she died. I'm sure if she was alive she would check on them.

Man this series gets way too dark way too quick sometimes :worry:
I thought please be alright the moment she said owch, then I thought it went uphill when they got her to a doctor but nope
As mentioned before, this is a crazy good depiction of the blank I'd imagine you feel in such a situation. Especially that conversion from page 26 to 27 and the last panel :notlikethis:

Just to make sure I'm not misunderstanding things tho, the family the dude killed some chapters ago weren't their relatives, right? He's "just" feeling regret because he killed a family for the sake of an organisation, that'll be lost to the apocalypse like most other structures resembling society.

TY for the upload :wooow:
Those Toru killed were a family of a lawyer who was looking into the organization Toru worked for. This organization was introduced in Ch.58, and is clearly corrupt. Its still vague what exactly they do, but it's an organization that appears to operate under the guise of a "support group for the helpless and those discriminated against", that also takes "odd jobs" for the government. They take a murder request from a members of parliament, for example, in Ch.58, that appeared to have slept with an underage girl (who they're burying at the start of 58). In Ch. 59, the organization is taking advantage of different social service and immigration laws to help people in debt, those who are homeless, etc. Thats when its revealed a lawyer has been interviewing those they've helped, so Toru is told to "dispose of him and his family." Toru has been unraveling mentally since he killed them, and in this chapter it was a small smidgen of salvation attempting to help Robin and his sister. Im imagining this becomes part of his impetus to start the orphanage. It'll be his repentance, and he'll leave his organization (or destroy it).

Dex-chan lover
Tetanus vaccination for children is different from adults where you just need to renew the vaccine every 10 years. The schedule of vaccination for the first 6 years of age consist of 5 shots, one at 2 months, then 4, and 6, the fourth at 15-18 months and finally the fifth at 4-6 years of age.

It's very logical that the disaster may have happened before Marin got her 5th shot.

It's also sad to see, but if you pay attention they already pronounced Marin dead or soon to die from her first checkup at page 21, as she already had the black tag before her second consultation.

As always, thank you very much for the scanlation.

Dex-chan lover
Ok sure, but, still tho this doesn't justifies, nor really explains the horrid shit he will start doing in the future

This is not enough, he is not just a rapist, he is also a serial killer, and torturer by forcing people into human experiments that will mutilate and mutate them while they remain alive

Dex-chan lover
Well, that was fucking depressing. Double so when i realised that Marin was getting the black marker already on her first checkup. Takeaway for myself: Check when my last tetanus shot was and get it renewed if it was too long ago...

Dex-chan lover
Ok sure, but, still tho this doesn't justifies, nor really explains the horrid shit he will start doing in the future

This is not enough, he is not just a rapist, he is also a serial killer, and torturer by forcing people into human experiments that will mutilate and mutate them while they remain alive
This is not justifying him, it just shows you how people outside Takahara Academy experienced the great catastrophe.

Tetanus can absolutely kill. Keep up on your booster- every ten years, and seek treatment immediately. Infection is no joke.

wow, im assuming she died just like that, makes me want to go check up on my vaccinations.

Users who are viewing this thread