Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Ch. 78 - Silent Anger

Dex-chan lover
My problem is that I'm just hating the manga overall instead.
Scumbag rape-murdering slaves in order to establish him as a bad guy... it's so over the top and I lose interest.
well since you live in lalaland i guess i'll ruined your day a lil bit, since you think it's so over the top
leonard lake,charles ng, and maury travis exist in real world

you're welcome

Dex-chan lover
My problem is that I'm just hating the manga overall instead.
Scumbag rape-murdering slaves in order to establish him as a bad guy... it's so over the top and I lose interest.
Yeah I'm not a fan of it being used willy nilly either, but it works for a lot of stories/people, so it is used widely, especially in stories that don't shy away from the edge. :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Modern kitty look is cute.

"This is no ordinary wound. It's an Evil wound."
Evil is bad, mmkay.

Interfere with food = DEATH by angy kitten.

Killing slave girls. Because nothing else spells Evil as well as that.

Is there any phrase relating to those people that doesn't contain the word "Evil"? Evil Smash, Evil Magic, Evil Water, Evil God, Evil Wound, Evil Skill Evil Edge, Evil Energy, Evil Art Evil Jump...

Rat != Cat.

It benefits the author with readers hating the villain more and being more invested in the story.
It doesn't work that well if it's too over the top. It's a short throwaway scene that only serves that specific purpose. It's as subtle as the use of the word Evil in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, we've strayed into comically evil territory for a while. I know this is just a mildly edgy power fantasy and all that, and I shouldn't expect anything beyond competence at satisfying our lowest common denominator desires. Even so, it's stayed so puerile that I find myself bored whenever the villain of the week strikes. Pretending I care about whatever cartoonishly nefarious doing they're up to has become something of a chore.

Dex-chan lover
Modern kitty look is cute.

"This is no ordinary wound. It's an Evil wound."
Evil is bad, mmkay.

Interfere with food = DEATH by angy kitten.

Killing slave girls. Because nothing else spells Evil as well as that.

Is there any phrase relating to those people that doesn't contain the word "Evil"? Evil Smash, Evil Magic, Evil Water, Evil God, Evil Wound, Evil Skill Evil Edge, Evil Energy, Evil Art Evil Jump...

Rat != Cat.

It doesn't work that well if it's too over the top. It's a short throwaway scene that only serves that specific purpose. It's as subtle as the use of the word Evil in this chapter.

again what is this with "over the top" bullshit, this series never shy away from extreme violence and that thing actually happened in real world as i pointed out just now so it's not even "out of the realm of possibility someone is that evil"
Bunch of slave got absolutely obliterated and uses as bait, fran amputate someone because someone talk shit about black cat,Slave kid got amputates and tortured the worst way possible in raydoss sky island,fran torture-heal someone as gory as possible for her interogation method,child exploitation,the captain got chopped in half,incest/rape attempt, and many more violence and sensitive subject happened in this series.

and suddenly "oh its over the top because the author want to potray him as piece of shit" when a lot worse happened in the series.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
again what is this with "over the top" bullshit, this series never shy away from extreme violence and that thing actually happened in real world as i pointed out just now so it's not even "out of the realm of possibility someone is that evil"
Bunch of slave got absolutely obliterated and uses as bait, fran amputate someone because someone talk shit about black cat,Slave kid got amputates and tortured the worst way possible in raydoss sky island,fran torture-heal someone as gory as possible for her interogation method,child exploitation,the captain got chopped in half,incest/rape attempt, and many more violence and sensitive subject happened in this series.

and suddenly "oh its over the top because the author want to potray him as piece of shit" when a lot worse happened in the series.
Its just a yawn at this point.
If the next villain says he kicks puppies that would be very evil.

Dex-chan lover
The series is violent and so is the real world. Okay? And?

As AnotherDuck said, it was a one-off throwaway panel; only used as cheap shock factor to establish the bad guy (who has already been established as the bad guy) is, in fact, the bad guy, and you shouldn't like him because he does this.
Might as well have named him 'Evil McEvilface'

Users who are viewing this thread