The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Ch. 159 - The Gothic Lolita Festival Girl

Dex-chan lover
Don't listen to them, translator! Her Dick Van Dyke chimneysweep Cockney is fantastic! Keep going!

Och aye an' SMDH at everyone calling her Scottish though ...
THANK YOU, I've been scrolling through every comment to find this. It woukd seem that Americans can't tell them apart, and it got to me.

Dex-chan lover
I like this character. It's learning time. What is 'daft sod?'

Dex-chan lover
unsurprisingly, this manga is going downhill with no sign of getting better. as more and more characters have been added, the art has become much more simple and just worse in general, and characters have been reduced to a single personality trait. they used to have some depth, but now they are one dimensional as hell. i genuinely dont even know if the manga will be readable by the time it gets to 100 girlfriends.
You should have notice that after Hahari got into the gang. You've been warned (if you followed this series from first release) that this trope would make a lot of girls don't have dynamics as they have more characters joined because of limited pages.

The author already passed the impossible task by her unique writing. Asking the latest chapters to be like first chapters is too much. There is no way you would get what you want

Dex-chan lover
Even as a Brit I'm not really feeling her character, it kinda feels like an over-saturated mockery rather than an actual representation, and this will be awful for the people who don't understand any British slang. But like every girl in this manga, I'll give her a chance and probably warm up to her over time

Dex-chan lover
gothic lolita, half english, festival lover, those are some odd combination but to be honest i like her! i want to see hwo she acts around slow girl and murican babe!

Fed-Kun's army
creative liberties on the translation getting a bit too far imo. Already a bit sad we lost nanoda and nanojya in the past, but not really a big deal, but this? I can barely understand anything that's on the gothloli's speech bubbles ffs. If it's like that in the og (kinda doubt it) then alright, I'll just shut up, but if not, tone it down a bit please? Wanna be able to understand what the characters are saying

edit: read the tl note at the end (I usually stop reading chapters when I see a 'end' note on the page) and I get her speech is absurdly exaggerated, but still. Would it be possible to tone it down just a bit for the sake of comprehension? Or at least try a slightly different way of conveying it? If not, that's alright too
I agree. I'm from England and I would say even though I understood it and aware of the exaggerated nature of the speech, some slang/phrases are used in odd and unnecessary places; which makes it sound awkward. Don't think I've ever read the phrase "You wot" with an exclamation mark or a full stop/period on the end. It's always been a question.

Dex-chan lover
I legit read all her dialogue with a Bri'sh accent in my head. Thank you imagination! And English version Dragon Quest.

That said, I keep getting a cockney accent when I read her dialogue, so maybe it's better to use Flowery Elizabethian English. Make her a Shakespearean talker.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
some slang/phrases are used in odd and unnecessary places; which makes it sound awkward.
We're aware, it's basically on purpose. The original text uses the catchphrases we mentioned in the tl note in some contextually inappropriate and nonsensical places, and our rendition of her dialect aims to be pretty much as serious and accurate as the original.

As in, not very much :korone:

Users who are viewing this thread