The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - Balsam and Wood Sorrel (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
@Frangar @nep

Wait I thought the Mao Mao's guard friend liked Mei Mei. I haven't seen anyone suggesting until right now that Mei Mei loved Rakan. We want Mei Mei to be happy with the guard, right?

And it seemed pretty clear to me that Mei Mei opened the window on purpose so that Rakan would be able to find MaoMao's mother.

I thought MaoMao's plan was to make him redeem Mei Mei, I never expected him to redeem her mother!

Thanks for the chapter, TL!

woah!! At first I really hate Mao Mao father but when I suddenly know why he abandon them more like there a reason behind it I kinda pity him since Mao Mao hate her father for abandoning her mother but then this happen I do pity him now....then there's Mei Mei, men it kinda depressing😭

This was more beautiful and emotional than the webnovel version 😭
*manifesting the anime version*

crying like there's no tomorrow
this author plays with my feelings in a different way

This is too depressing. 😭 Mao Mao’s mother is a shell of her former self at this point. This is too bitter than sweet.

Dex-chan lover
Now that's a happy ending to a sad tale there. Things aren't going to get better for Mao Mao's mother in regards to her health but her father might be able to make her react to a few more things, plus there is little doubt of how much he would treasure her. Her health isn't an issue to him, nor her appearance, because he still only sees the face of the first person he ever could make out. She's a person to him, not a piece, and that's enough to have him offer any amount the granny asks for. She could make up any price that no one else would pay and he'd still pay it because to him her value is unmeasureable.
It's a shame though that to reach this point there was so much suffering for her, and that because of this as well he will never have the connection he would want from Mao Mao either.

Fon Shen probably didn't want him to see her in the state that she would become. If Granny was really evil she would have tossed her aside years ago. Mei Mei thought T.T. Time to go reread Chapter 29.

@Nep
MeiMei is crying because she feels guilty for not having prevented ten years earlier, when she was still attending for FonShen, from following her impossible plan to get pregnant and for not being able to do anything other than show Rakan how her mother was still alive after all these years. Probably this guilt is also the basis of the maternal affection MeiMei has for MaoMao

p. s. it is not insanity that led FonShen to have deteriorating health, but rather the opposite: syphilis - which she contracted once she lost her status as a top courtesan - consumed her, making her insane.

@zalagires
No, Mei Mei doesn't love Rakan. Her hope is that FonShen can live at least the last period of her life together with the man she loved (and for whom she lost everything, even if Rakan was not to blame) and be happy, even if made completely insane by syphilis

Man when she got the bag in her hand and he saw her as the beautiful woman she once were I started crying ;w;

@LysandersTreason ehi dude no 😄 you and some other guy are confusing Mei Mei with Pai Rin😄 the courtesan loved by Rihaku. Actually Pai Rin and Mei Mei are similar, check the fabulous ch. 20 to see both if them. Let's say Mei Mei got a sweetest face, and Pai Rin two great topics 😁

I SPENT A GOOD 10 MINS READING THIS CHAPTER ALL OVER AGAIN WHILST CRYING AND TALKING TO MYSELF AS TO WHY IM CRYING😭😭😭😭😭😭 I WASNT EXPECTING TO FEEL SO MUCH EMOTIONS FROM THIS MANGA😭😭 THE LAST TIME I CRIED LIKE THIS WAS BC OF
agni's (from kuroshitsuji) death
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 IM RED, STILL SOBBING, PARCHED, AND COVERED IN SNOT AND IT'S ONLY 7AM HERE😭😭😭

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason the guard likes Pairin. Not Meimei

@Lucrecia Meimei probably likes Rajan as well or the whole hope statement wouldn't make sense.

Also I wasn't referring to the syphillis insanity when I said insane. I was referring to before syphillis. The time when she cut off her own finger, sliced Mao Mao's finger and had sex with anyone. I doubt she has syphillis then since it was like 10 yes ago

Dex-chan lover
Can someone remind me the relevant chapter of Mao Mao's mommy?

Why did I think she died or something or Rakan played a dirty trick and is a sinister conman?

This chapter made it seem like he was kept out of the loop for something. How could that be?

@Lightbrand
Chapter 29.

She died in the original novel and people were talking about it, so maybe that's why you misremembered.

Granny kept him out of the loop because they thought he abandoned her after he impregnated her.

Users who are viewing this thread